Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Other Stuff > For Sale or Trade

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 09:56 AM

Default Trade whole rig for comet 40 series kit

Hello,

I am looking for the comet series 40 driver and driven, would love to get belt and jackshaft kit with it too! I have a new honda gx620 that I am absolutley dying to get onto my new custom go kart. I don't want to have to buy the 780, it's alot, I can get the 40 series for the price of the driven of the 780, no thanks.

I have an entire setup I would be willing to trade and even deliver, within reason, for the right Comet 40 series setup.

What I have to offer:

Go kart frame, engine mount, wheels, tires(tired!), solid rear axel, steering. The frame is alltogether and ready to go, It's been done for years, but I took the engine off of it to put on a mini bike. It's a great little frame in good shape. Needs one point welded on it, nothing major, it's a side handle. Band brakes. I am keeping my beautiful bright yellow john deere tractor seat to clash with my pretty red honda engine on my new kart. (I am hoping to give onlookers epelleptic seizures!)

I have a comet tav 30 series driver(3/4), driven, brand new belt, and jackshaft plate and cover with it.

On top of that, I have a Briggs and Stratton vangaurd 9hp engine. It came off of a generator, so the crankshaft is tapered, thus it needs some sort of fabrication to get the clutch on as the clutch is 3/4 straight. It runs great, generator was low hours and it crapped it pants. Engine has no gas tank as it was on the generator housing. Looks new, runs new.

I can supply pictures, and a video of engine running if you want. Please let me know.

This is a complete setup, just needs crankshaft.

All this, just for the comet 40! Or, I have cash if you are asking a reasonable price too. Please let me know. Thanks so much!
Old 02-10-2010, 09:58 AM

I am a new user, though not new to selling and trading online! Please check my ratings of my ebay user name 309antonios. If I can't get what I need here, it's all going to ebay rather help someone out here then give ebay all my money!
Old 02-11-2010, 07:49 AM

Anybody? I think that this is a pretty good deal. If your not local, Ive got cash!
Old 02-14-2010, 08:35 AM

Gigs up. Engine and comet sold. Frame is left if someone wants it.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:35 PM

if you send me a picture of the frame or post one, and if the frame has steering and is ready for wheels i will take ito for about 100 dollars
Old 08-05-2010, 06:00 AM

Did you find your 40-series Comet? I have a new pair of drive and driven pulleys with a belt. I put them on a small kart along with an 11 HP clone. It's just too much for the kart. I'm thinking of going to a 6.5 HP clone and 30-series TC setup.

I paid $250 for the pullies and $30 (I think) for the belt. I'm entertaining offers....PM if interested.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:36 AM

Hey! I thought this thread had died long ago!

I will get some pictures of the frame tomorrow and get them up in the evening. It has wheels and tires, one of the rear tires doesn't hold air very long though. Maybe a few days then it starts to get soft. Steering is all complete too. There is a band brake and pedals all installed too. Just no rod between the brake and pedal, I can't remember why I took it off.

Turbojimmy, I am certainly interested in your comet clutch and driven. I did get some of my own, but I just recently pulled them off my honda go kart and stuffed them on my "beefy minibike"! So i need to new ones for the gokart.

Thanks so much!
Closed Thread