Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Announcements & Suggestions > Introduce Yourself!

Notices

Old 06-09-2019, 04:34 PM

Default Hello, from Vermont

Hey everybody!
My name is James, I live in Vermont and bought myself a 2017 Dongfang Jaguar 200 about a year ago now. Worth the $2500 I spent on it by far. Over the next few months I bought performance upgrades for both the engine, transmission, and carburetor. When she was stock, she was fun. But when I was done with all the upgrades, she was ripping and drifting on grass. I mean through inís dirt like a dirt bike! Then one sad day, I drove down a steep hill down the road from my place. Before this hill, the fastest I could get the buggy to go was about 42mph. When I came down this steep hill I reach a new high speed of 60mph!!! Then all the sudden I heard a loud metallic thwack sound.... sure enough I bent the exhaust valve. That was only 150 miles after I started using it and havenít found any replacement parts that fit a gy6 b case. But finally after almost a year of it sitting broken in my yard, I might have finally found some parts. But Iíll have to bore the case and upgrade from my 61mm jug to a 63mm jug, Iím not even sure if I need to upgrade my carburetor after the bbk. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated guys
Old 06-09-2019, 04:44 PM
Currently flathead-crazed

Can we see some pics?
Old 06-10-2019, 02:28 AM

Thanked 3,410 Times in 2,778 Posts

Welcome to the forum!!

I am surprised that it took so long to find parts. GY6 engines are very common
Old 06-10-2019, 10:50 PM
Rip It Up

Hey neighbor I love Vermont! Can't wait to get up there again this year. how much are the parts going to cost that you've found? Are they new?
Old 06-11-2019, 08:10 PM

So First I’ve tried to upload pictures but with no success. And I’ve realized that there’s many variations in the gy6 case. I have a b case which has a head and jug bolt spacing of 57mm x 80mm, everything else I found was for an A case gy6. And I’ve found rockers, camseat, 63mm jug and piston, 63mm head with the valves, and a valve cover for 318.32 including shipping. I just can’t wait to put it back together. It will now be a 180cc instead of a 170cc. I would add a stroker crank but I’m not quite sure what it involves. I don’t want to bend another valve cuz of a stroker
Old 06-11-2019, 11:00 PM
Rip It Up

I was asking how much for the parts because I think I saw the motor you need brand new for about 550. Have you looked ito just getting a new one switching your parts and just keeping it under 45....
Old 06-12-2019, 06:27 AM

So unfortunately I’ve already looked for a new motor. I’ve only found two, one on red fox sports and they never have anything in stock and the other was on eBay brand new for 1500. My engine has a built in reverse which makes finding the proper engine a pain along with finding a case with a bottom engine mount on the rear of the engine. But thanks though. The one thing I have no idea about is the cam and cam seat. Cuz my current head has a cam that is in the camseat and doesn’t come out of it. So I’m not exactly sure what I’m doing. I’m going to try to post some pictures today