Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Engines & Clutches

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 08:08 PM
Ensign, Red Shirt class

Very cool! I'm thrilled to come across this thread, I just looked closer at the flathead on the bird, it's Model 130232, type 1144-01, code 81031207.

So a few years older, but virtually the same I believe. I was seriously thinking about ignoring it and bolting on a 'derp, but after reading all the fun you had how could I pass up on a rebuild

Excellent work!
Old 12-08-2017, 03:34 PM

Location: Somewhere in the woods of PA between Tamaqua and Lehighton

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrojDad View Post
Very cool! I'm thrilled to come across this thread, I just looked closer at the flathead on the bird, it's Model 130232, type 1144-01, code 81031207.

So a few years older, but virtually the same I believe. I was seriously thinking about ignoring it and bolting on a 'derp, but after reading all the fun you had how could I pass up on a rebuild

Excellent work!
Thank You!!!
And I have to agree man, it has been an absolute blast building this motor! And the kart too for that matter!?

Unfortunately, I'm sadly here to report that this adventure is finally coming to an end for my son and I. And I'll be posting everything I've built and everything associated with the karts for sale asap

The long and short of it is that God works in very mysterious ways. And within the past few months life has thrown my family and I a terrible curve ball which has been just as unwarranted/undeserved as it has been devastating, to us all, but most of all to my son. At 5yrs of age we can do no wrong, we're as innocent as a newborn child. At that age there is no "sin" or "bad karma"... yet in October he was diagnosed with a brain tumor known as a craniopharyngioma. They only occur in 2-3 out of every million children, so it's rare, and although benign this will completely change his quality of life forever. Removal will destroy the pituitary stalk essentially compromising his endocrine function indefinitely... and that comes with a whole slew of other side effects and complications, not to mention all the possible complications associated with brain surgery in general. Not removing it, will also destroy the pituitary stalk, along with the optic nerve (which is how we found it in the 1st place), hypothalamus, and eventually it will kill him. Anyway, I don't even know why I'm explaining all of this here? Point is, my boy won't be riding karts anytime soon and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia isn't lowering prices on pediatric neurosurgery. So it's time to close this chapter in our lives. To all of you that followed this build I appreciate it and I hope it has helped all of you in some way. Also, thank you to all of you that helped me! I couldn't have done it without you.
And lastly, life is precious... it can be gone in the blink of an eye. Cherish your children/family/parents/whomever it is you love, while you have them and don't waste a moment fighting, arguing, bickering, holding grudges... don't take life for granted, make the best of it while you can, and do it with the people you LOVE.

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and Thanks; to all of you that took this ride with me. I learned a lot and had a great time doing it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LeeMajors For This Useful Post:
ezcome-ezgo (12-11-2017), Hellion (12-08-2017), landuse (12-12-2017), shadowfocus603 (12-08-2017), Texan (12-08-2017)
Old 12-08-2017, 05:13 PM
Disc brakes'r for cowards

Thanked 1,337 Times in 1,090 Posts

I'm devastated. This is horrible news and I'm so saddened to hear it.

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Good to see you back though and thanks for the news...
Old 12-08-2017, 05:57 PM
The REAL Poboy

Sorry to hear that man. Our hearts and prayers go out for y'all.
Old 12-12-2017, 08:02 PM

Location: Somewhere in the woods of PA between Tamaqua and Lehighton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
I'm devastated. This is horrible news and I'm so saddened to hear it.

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Good to see you back though and thanks for the news...
Prayers are all we can ask for brother and they're truly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:01 PM

Thanked 3,437 Times in 2,802 Posts

I will be thinking of you and your family. Keep strong
Closed Thread