Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Mini Bikes, Trikes, and Choppers

Notices

Old 09-14-2019, 08:11 PM
Erased.

Don't know if this is going to work, never posted a video in my life. Never uploaded one to my computer for that matter. Have succeeded in getting a video with audio on my phone, and uploading it to my computer. If this goes to plan, there will be about a one minute video in which I fire up DragginBallz for all to hear just how quiet she really is, with no muffler packing, just pure reflected sound waves bouncing back and forth inside the shell. Also planning to post a couple of pics of the notepad drawing I did when dreaming it up. Here goes....
Well that didn't work. Got the two pics though, will try something else with the video later.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20190914_184036.jpg   IMG_20190914_184113.jpg  

The Following User Says Thank You to madprofessor For This Useful Post:
Hellion (09-16-2019)
Old 09-14-2019, 08:15 PM
Erased.

Default Drawings not complete......

The pics just uploaded of my notepad show the muffler with an add-on section containing a baffle tube and stainless steel wool packing, that didn't happen. After the 2nd 5" long resonator stage, there is only the final empty 1.5" long section.
Old 09-14-2019, 08:28 PM
Aka a kenbar

Oh i know why people are doubting you you forgot your muffler bearings
Old 09-16-2019, 11:10 AM
Erased.

Default No video, no patience left....

Have tried repeatedly to upload the A/V of my creation without success, people will just have to take my word for it because this is the last for me. First looked at site to get ideas, then stepped up with post about something nobody else has. Was meant to be a purely philanthropic gesture, old-timer passing on old-time information, hopefully be of some benefit to people. Somehow got sucked into wasting a lot of valuable time defending myself for the benefit of others just sniping for the fun of it. Will go to Edit Profile and erase my appearance. All blessings of the Lord be with you all.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20190914_184036.jpg   IMG_20190914_184113.jpg  

The Following User Says Thank You to madprofessor For This Useful Post:
Hellion (09-16-2019)
Old 09-16-2019, 11:31 AM
Currently flathead-crazed

Don't take it personally, 'sid can be hard to get along with sometimes, and he does like to be precise with terms. As for a video, you need a YouTube channel for that, and then you post the link here.
Guess you're a madprofessor.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:40 PM

madprofessor

Gee, things have improved here, a little bit.

When I stumbled upon this site, I was amazed at admins tolerance of completely rude members. As well as rude admins.

Comradery doesn't seem to be a priority. Belittling people has been acceptable behavior. I've stepped over the line myself, in frustration. Though it's my nature to help those when I have facts on subjects.

Good luck to you, and thanks for the quiet exhaust info. To many people have little respect for others right to peace and quiet.
Old 09-16-2019, 06:08 PM
Disc brakes'r for cowards

Thanked 1,337 Times in 1,090 Posts

Madprofessor:

Drop me a line via PM [private message] as I can't seem to do one myself.
I dunno what to say about the forum and some of the characters here. Not gonna make any excuses for them either, but I will apologize.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:36 PM
The great cornholio

When I started building my dyno and posting pictures and videos on here I was told that it wouldn’t work, I was doing it wrong, etc. I did it anyway. I still use it to tune my race motors and we win A LOT of races with motors tuned on a dyno that I was told wouldn’t work. Just keep on keeping on. There are closed minds everywhere, but there are also some open ones. I found this all very intriguing. I could post video to my YouTube if you can text it to me. PM me if you’re interested in doing that. I know that there are those of here very interested in what you’ve done, and I’m definitely one of them.
Kartorbust (09-17-2019)