Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Go Kart Discussion

Notices

Old 09-17-2019, 12:38 PM
That guy

I have seen the black widow go-kart at a local hardware store. They look a lot like those china karts to me. I agree with making your own, but it's a lot easier and cheaper to find an old dog or something. You can get them cheap, ($900-$200) from what I have seen, and another $100 for a new predator 212. That's my recommendation.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:23 PM

They do have that "Chinese buggy" look with the bloated, tractor style tires as opposed to a real go kart. One huge plus is support and availability of parts. They're as close as you're gonna get as far as anything assembled in the USA. The next best options are Trailmaster and Hammerhead buggy/karts. Many models to choose from along with good support and part availability but basically all Chinese.
Old 09-23-2019, 12:14 AM

I know shaller is made in texas, but they are all concession karts. If you were to look into used karts, usually the more vintage the cooler they are! My personal top three favorites are manco, yerf dog and ken bar. On my local Craigslist there are roughly 15 manco karts, a yerf dog spiderbox, and a couple honda fl250 and fl350 odessy's on the market right now, probably 20 various karts on letgo, and the last frame I picked up came from offerup. They are out there, just do your best to find one that wasn't welding practice for someone else, I made that mistake too!
Old 09-23-2019, 09:15 AM

Thanked 4,263 Times in 3,202 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Can we confirm or deny that American Landmaster (aka Manco) actually manufactured those Black Widow, Marauder, Carbide, Zircon, etc., etc., fun buggies in the US of A?

If so, they would be the exception to the rule of basically every USA maker going belly up (or ceasing production) in the late 1990s/early 2000s.
easily..
if it has a VIN number on the chassis (like the carbide does)
and it starts with an L (as the carbide's does)
it is definitely made in china!
the L6K on a 7151 carbde means made by
Shanghai Howhit Machinery Manufacture Co.

Whenever you see a gy6 engine, you can practically guarantee it's chinese made, no exceptions known so far.

(yes rebranded to american /european names, yes some designs are 'protected' and exclusively made for one company... just like the iPhone is made in china let's say )
but american made it is not..

'sid
Old 09-25-2019, 06:50 PM

We are still in the "prototype" phase but our 70-mph electric karts are "Made in America" (except for the lithium ion battery pack and a few LCD displays). Check us out ... https://www.facebook.com/VenomKarts/