Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Other Stuff > More Builds

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 09:27 PM

Default First time diy Mini bike build

hey im new here. a friend of mine recently showed me his homemade dune buggy and it inspired me to get into some of that kind of stuff. I volunteer at a charity autoshop and know my way around basic mechanics so im not completely ignorant but im still inexpierenced. i settled on making a fat tire minibike and buying a frame then bolting on the engine, transmission, etc.

i found a frame that looks sturdy, cheap, and simple (no suspension needed) i have the link right here.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Fox-C...0AAOSw5IFa3QWf

Iíve spent a little time looking around and this seems like the best bang for your buck frame around, the only problem is i need to find a fork for it but i dont think that will be too hard.

is there anything that minibike veterans would recommend for a new timer such as good brands, specs, etc, and just general advice?
Old 05-22-2018, 10:19 PM
Sick, Tired, and in Debt

Thanked 2,253 Times in 1,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevbo View Post

is there anything that minibike veterans would recommend for a new timer such as good brands, specs, etc, and just general advice?
Might not easily fit on vintage frames, but I would want the following two items for sure.

Predator 212cc Engine $98 plus tax
21919796 <-Coupon Code

TAV-2 Torque Converter Kit
https://www.ebay.com/itm/COMET-TORQU...MAAMXQTT9Ru8dN

For $150, you can have a nice powerplant and automatic transmission.

Check out MiniChoppersSoCal.com or 909minibikes.com for minibike kits available.