Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Engines & Clutches

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 05:02 PM

Let me clear things up real quick because I don't want to confuse you guys.

I DO NOT have a GTC torque converter. Apparently, from what I'm reading here, I wouldn't be having any fitment issues if I had the GTC.

I have a Chinese copy of a Comet torque converter that I got off of Ebay from hotgokartpart.

So now I'm asking the OP which is screen name NO 1. How in the world do you get this thing on? Why am I having so much trouble installing this Hotgokartpart torque converter on an engine that already had a Comet on there?

Are there any instructions available somewhere for your specific product?

The GTC instructions are written for the GTC TC2 which I do NOT have. and I don't think that they will help me solve the fitment issues that I'm having with this Chinese knockoff from ebay.

I'm over this CHEAP CHINESE piece. I'm just going to get a GTC TC2. Its worth it from what I'm reading.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:10 PM

Well, I for one, am going to work hard today, not as hard as yestOday!

How about some pics of this Chinese quality part!!!???
Old 11-22-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalthrashinman View Post
Well, I for one, am going to work hard today, not as hard as yestOday!

How about some pics of this Chinese quality part!!!???

He needs a quality part first. Then he can take a pic of it.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:21 PM

Well at least he is being nice. maybe if it was $60 with jackshaft and belt id buy it.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:55 PM

I vote we burn this hot go kart part guy at the stake to save people their hard earned cash. Maybe take him on a "wok" in a dark alley?
Old 11-22-2010, 11:01 PM
Kart Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchyrider13 View Post
Let me clear things up real quick because I don't want to confuse you guys.

I DO NOT have a GTC torque converter. Apparently, from what I'm reading here, I wouldn't be having any fitment issues if I had the GTC.

I have a Chinese copy of a Comet torque converter that I got off of Ebay from hotgokartpart.

So now I'm asking the OP which is screen name NO 1. How in the world do you get this thing on? Why am I having so much trouble installing this Hotgokartpart torque converter on an engine that already had a Comet on there?

Are there any instructions available somewhere for your specific product?

The GTC instructions are written for the GTC TC2 which I do NOT have. and I don't think that they will help me solve the fitment issues that I'm having with this Chinese knockoff from ebay.

I'm over this CHEAP CHINESE piece. I'm just going to get a GTC TC2. Its worth it from what I'm reading.

Post some pictures, start your own thread, we'll do everything in out power to help you mount the chinese copy, I'm fairly certain GTC may be the same quality as the one you've purchased, but its yet to be seen. I've seen dozens of copies now and they all seem to be similar in quality.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:36 PM
The Real Deal

Default GTC Manufacturing

We are GTC Manufacturing. I would like to set the record straight. We are an American Company located in California and producing High Quality Torque Converters.

Our TC2 is fully compatible with the Comet TAV2 30 series with all parts interchangeable. We have now sold over 7500 units worldwide since May 2010. We are also producing the 40 Series and Snowmobile clutches which will be available soon.

Please do not confuse our TC2 with the low quality import product being discussed on this site. It is NOT the same product. Our TC2 is a highly engineered, high quality product.

Retail customers can purchase our TC2 from any of our Dealers. Any OEMs or prospective Dealers can apply for a Dealer Account.

Just visit our website at www.gtcmanufacturing.com

the photos below show our TC2 installed on old Briggs and Tecumseh engines
Attached Thumbnails
1004onBriggs2.jpg   1004onTecumseh2.jpg  

10042.jpg  
Old 11-23-2010, 03:12 PM

Well, this is a good showing on behalf of GTC, imo. Now that we have GTC here, in virtual person, could we see some photos of the plant, I'm just curious as many of us are I'm sure.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:40 PM
Kart Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTC View Post
We are GTC Manufacturing. I would like to set the record straight. We are an American Company located in California and producing High Quality Torque Converters.

Our TC2 is fully compatible with the Comet TAV2 30 series with all parts interchangeable. We have now sold over 7500 units worldwide since May 2010. We are also producing the 40 Series and Snowmobile clutches which will be available soon.

Please do not confuse our TC2 with the low quality import product being discussed on this site. It is NOT the same product. Our TC2 is a highly engineered, high quality product.

Retail customers can purchase our TC2 from any of our Dealers. Any OEMs or prospective Dealers can apply for a Dealer Account.

Just visit our website at www.gtcmanufacturing.com

the photos below show our TC2 installed on old Briggs and Tecumseh engines

Thanks for the photos, I agree you do have a nice site and it says some great things.

Could you please post a few more pictures for us though? I wasn't able to find any showing actual production of the clutch parts or molding of the back plates. The pictures you show on the site appear slightly like a stock photo from a sales catalog. I'm not trying to slander your company in any way but you can surely understand from our perspective as customers wondering how you can make a product in our fine country at a competitive price. One item that does 100% look like ya'll have made is the back-plate, the only thing remotly in question would be the clutches themselves.

Even better, could you please post a short video of you casting something, I'm not asking you to reveal secrets but other great companies have done similar videos showing what they're doing. This may be a bit much and would be pretty similar to the show "how its made" or "modern marvels" but if anyone else thinks here thinks like I do they'd really enjoy viewing something in the line of a production video even if it was short.

Its great to hear from a rep from the company, I'm sure others are having similar questions.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:53 PM

I would like to second what Blaz said in that I am not questioning you or your company, but Comet was good at what they did and I would like to see how you, as a company, are filling their shoes. I would like to see some parts of the production lines. I not asking for your secrets, although they are surely patented. I can't see there being many secrets with something that can be broken down in minutes to it's bare pieces. I don't want to know specific measurements, just want to observe, and like Blaz said, a "How it's made" kind of factory look around. Thank you for your time.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:29 PM
Measure twice cut once

i own a gtc tc2, put it on my go kart that i built, i'm pretty happy with it, never owned a comet, but nothing has broken, and all the parts were in working order.

@anarchyrider13
check out the gtc forum, sounds like someone is having a similar mounting problem.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:16 AM
Kart Aficionado

GTC, are you guys off for holiday? We're really looking forward to hearing from you!
Old 11-27-2010, 01:33 AM

well its nice to know they are some chinese piece of junk. I may actually buy a 40 series now for my next build
Old 11-29-2010, 04:29 PM
The Real Deal

The interest in our company and our products is very appreciated. We are big fans of this forum and the exchange of ideas that takes place here. It is a great communication tool and the best way for us to periodically touch base with our market.

We are currently firing on all cylinders, producing large quantities of torque converters in order to meet growing demand, and we are currently expanding our product line. We will be introducing our TC40 series soon and a wide range of other products are in the works.

We are firm believers in customer service and going the extra mile, and we update our website as often as we can. We will refresh our site when we are able to do so, but right now we are focused on meeting the high demand of the holiday season.

Happy holidays and a prosperous new year.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:15 PM
Kart Aficionado

I understand ya'll are super busy and thanks for taking time out to respond to the request but please shoot some pictures for us!

It can't take any longer to snap 5 photos and upload them to the forum than it can to post a response! Please don't take that as a snide remark, but as an assuredness that we are really an interested group of individuals and would love to know a bit more about your company.

I have an alternate idea, do ya'll do tours? I've toured a bunch of different large scale businesses here in Texas and its always kinda cool to see how things are produced.

I'm sure we've got a few members that live close to your facility, would anyone on here in California be willing to take a trip on our behalf and snap a few photos for GTC since they're crazy busy producing these clutches?
Old 01-14-2011, 03:22 PM

i wanna see too, might be interested in a 3/4" shaft TC for my future go kart build in a couple months.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:16 PM
Kart Aficionado

GTC, have you had any luck with those pictures? We havn't heard back from you in over a month! Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:49 PM

Wow, I just referenced this is the thread with SpiderCarts going they'd hang around loner than GTC, then I get down through the unread posts to find this. I hope they do reply soon because I'd love for them to be an American company and not just leading us on.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:33 PM

Default Hot Gokart TC is Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO 1 View Post
TAV2 30series 7" driven clutch&6"driven clutch&3/4"driver clutch

Zhejiang Hot Go Kart Part.,Ltd

www.hotgokartpart.com

I bought one of these Zehjang hotgokart part Torque Converters.

They are JUNK. DO NOT BUY. We could not install it at first. The parts were crap. Had to use a hammer to install. We finally installed it after machining and replacing several parts. Performance was very poor. It wouldnt accelerate or shift properly.

I recommend the GTC Torque Converter. After my ordeal with the hotgokart piece of junk, I bought the GTC. It is precision quality and the preformance was tops. Superfast takeoff and high top end. They are sold all over the web
Old 01-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Kart Aficionado

Moose, can you toss us any pictures of the bad Chinese junk versus the GTC torque converter? That's pretty terrible that you had to deal with the poor quality cvt that wasn't machined properly to 3/4"...