Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Mini Bikes, Trikes, and Choppers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 05:31 PM

awesome mower! whats the barrel on front for? got more pics of it id love to see how that thing works
Old 09-17-2011, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche930dude View Post
awesome mower! whats the barrel on front for? got more pics of it id love to see how that thing works
its the grass catcher. Same as any reel mower. Push or motorised. What part of it do you want pics of?

heres one:

anyway i put my h25 together today. Set timing to max advance lol. Runs realy well. Starts first pull

so from this:

i now have this:

bolted it onto the reel mower body to test it out and bolted on the fuel tank off another mower. Now i have to get back to building the bike to put it in
Old 11-14-2011, 01:26 AM

I'm still failing at building a suitable frame for my tecumseh engine.

built this last night/this morning:

it's hilarious to ride.

Will try to get frame built for the h25 in the next couple weeks.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:31 AM

Thanked 3,479 Times in 2,837 Posts

Could you show us some pics of the drive components, and how you put them together? What is it geared at? Thanks
Old 11-14-2011, 02:11 PM

the drive system consists of a piece of bicycle tube with a washer welded onto the end which goes onto the crank ontop of flywheel and everything is secured with the factory flywheel retaining nut thing. The tube drives the tyre. Theres no clutch or anything, just peddle it up to speed until the engine starts then ride it like a motorbike. I have no idea what the gear ratio is, calculations are for chumps. Probably goes about 25kmph on the flat. edit: its like a realy budget version of a velo-solex moped

The engine is a 20cc-ish chinese weedeater engine. Cant take pics as i had to take it all off the bike to to fix a puncture
Old 11-19-2011, 10:28 PM

made a new pipe for the weedeater bike. Heaps louder and can get up bigger hills now.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:50 AM

Thanked 3,479 Times in 2,837 Posts

Could you maybe take some close-up pics of how you attached the engine and your drive system.

If I understand you correctly you are using a friction system (pipe pressed onto back wheel to make it turn) to drive the bike.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:52 AM

ok so i still didn't build the frame for my h25 yet...

in other news, i got a tecumseh twostroke last saturday for free from the mowershop and built this during the week:

took it to the velodrome today and did a couple laps. Its running wayyy too rich tho. Need to put a smaller jet in it. Carb i put on off a big tecumseh flathead but the jet is to big i think. I leaned it right off but was still four stroking and fouling the plug up.

edit: i should of entered that build contest aye lol. I even put a kill switch on it...no clutch tho so would prob get marked down a few points
Old 03-20-2012, 02:54 PM

still running rich i think but abit better and i made a video:

Old 03-25-2012, 04:08 AM

got it going ok now. Went to velodrome today and it goes just as fast as mates victa bike which has been clocked at about 70kph on this track

heres a small vid. im in black, red shirt is victa bike

i want to decrease the size of the front pully. I can only just get into the powerband as it is and its a bit sluggish. Currently geared at 5.8:1. I think im only hitting about 4000 rpm max but on the stand it does much more than that so yeh
Old 03-25-2012, 06:58 PM

Thanked 2,205 Times in 1,693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyvicta View Post
ok so i still didn't build the frame for my h25 yet...

in other news, i got a tecumseh twostroke last saturday for free from the mowershop and built this during the week:

took it to the velodrome today and did a couple laps. Its running wayyy too rich tho. Need to put a smaller jet in it. Carb i put on off a big tecumseh flathead but the jet is to big i think. I leaned it right off but was still four stroking and fouling the plug up.

edit: i should of entered that build contest aye lol. I even put a kill switch on it...no clutch tho so would prob get marked down a few points
Hey, cool! Well, 1)I might be persuaded to let this into the build-off retroactively, given how recently you put it together. Got any pre-/during assembly pics? 2)Nothing in the rules says you have to have a clutching system. I know- I posted the rules!
Wrench, Wheel, Wreck, Repeat...
Old 03-26-2012, 02:07 PM

haha nah its ok
Old 04-04-2012, 10:54 PM

You were saying you wanted to reduce the fork rake but not increase the height? What about having a higher head stem thing so that the forks are at whatever angle you want. Then just have drop down handlebars to make up for it. It would only result in the top of the forks being higher, might look pretty cool too.

Any chance on some photos of that Victa bike too?
Old 04-05-2012, 02:25 AM

iduno what you talking about willis. i want to increase rake...one day. Will just find some not bmx forks. I bought one of those bent bmx seast posts and bent it even more so im sitting further back.

Pic of victa bike with sachs ****el bike:

ima build a proper 'custom' frame, similar-ish to these for my kirby tecumseh engine
Old 04-05-2012, 04:20 AM

Haha Man they are both sweet bikes, is that a full crank victa? It looks a bit powertorquey from the photo but the exhaust would be on the wrong side. Where did the sachs come from? I've only ever seen them on youtube. How does it go on a bike?

So, are you trying to make your forks on more of an angle? or closer to a conventional bike angle? From the photos I figured it looked way to steep to be comfortable steering wise, but now that ive seen the others I think I get it.....no I still dont haha

Those frames are sweet, best way to put a vertical to horizontal converted engine in too by the look of it, it would allow heaps of support with less metal.

Edit: Oh and how did you attach, what Im guessing is a second rim, to the wheel for the bikes belt drive? Just weld the two rims together? Was actually wondering how to do a drive system like that this afternoon
Old 04-05-2012, 05:09 AM

yeh its a full crank victa. The sachs is realy fast, its 20hp so yeh.

i want to move my front wheel forward. So i will find some forks that bend forward more. I could change the angle of the fork tube but different forks would be easier/i will probably never do it.

and yeh the wheels are just welded together. The victa bike is mig welded i think and the sachs is bronze welded, both steel rims. Mine uses alloy wheels that i got a guy to tig together. Its by far the easiest/cheapest way to get power to the back wheel when using bicycle stuff. I used a 26 mountainbike frame as it had enough room to fit two bmx wheels between the rear forks. Otherwise you gota make the rear forks wider than normal
Old 04-05-2012, 08:09 AM

Ah ok, I get what you mean, ignore my thing about headsets earlier then

Its crazy that that sachs could put out that much power. Was it off a lawnmower, or some industrial engine setup?

Well, I think I have something to do this weekend hahaha. Will be a challenge with an arc welder probably but it should be fun still
Ive been meaning to ditch all my old 16" rims so this could work out quite nicely
Old 08-07-2012, 04:01 PM

Closed Thread