Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Announcements & Suggestions > Site Announcements and Suggestion Box

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemanjim View Post

Has no one claimed the free shirts? I know at least one person got his card, finally....
I kinda hit a big snafoo when mailing the cards. Never put that many in a mailbox before. Some came back with no stamps,some came with not enough... (Tony and Alex)..... I figured by now ,surely someone has claimed one of the shirts.... Hopefully Robert isn't still waiting to mail them out.

Found your card end of last week, Jim, it's just that I've been to sick with the flu to be interested in turning the tablet computer on, let alone use it. All I can say is keep trying to think positive (people keep telling me that it works; but as I just spun a rod bearing in the engine in the truck, I'm not so sure).

Pat
Old 01-20-2015, 05:25 PM
Banned

Thanked 2,954 Times in 2,300 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinist@large View Post

Found your card end of last week, Jim, it's just that I've been to sick with the flu to be interested in turning the tablet computer on, let alone use it. All I can say is keep trying to think positive (people keep telling me that it works; but as I just spun a rod bearing in the engine in the truck, I'm not so sure).

Pat
Pat: Positive thinking DOES work!!!!! So...you HAVE to look at the bright side......

See....I can see three major positives in this situation right off the bat:

#1: It was only a bearing and didn't throw a rod through the side of the block....

#2: It's just a run of the mill beater motor....not like the high$$$$$ racing engines my relatives lose.....

#3: And this is the BEST one..........................................It. was your truck.....and not MINE!!!!----
Old 01-20-2015, 08:35 PM
Just kartin' around....

Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinist@large View Post

Pat
I take it you didn't get a shirt....
Well, I hope you feel better soon, buddy....
Old 01-21-2015, 07:50 AM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poboy kartman View Post
Checks in the mail......

How to keep an Aussie in suspense.......................................... "I'll tell you tomorrow!".....JK.....
Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poboy kartman View Post
Look on the bright side......it wasn't Robert mailing it....(we don't post to send things through the Post Office ).....we either ship.....hmmmm.....(no boat necessarily involved )....or mail.....the only "posting" we do is on forums.....yeah....we're weird...but we like it......
Ok then: Jim, are you sure you resent mine & Alex's cards?
Old 01-30-2015, 09:13 PM
Just kartin' around....

Ok let's start with this.....
I ordered me a Cheer Nano Quadcopter Tuesday from a store that is only 10(ish ) miles from me. It went to the USPS sorting facilities about 5 miles from the store. Now, it SHOULD have gone to the post office that serves me. BUT O NNOOOO.... My Nano drone then went on over a 100 mile journey, going to numerous USPS sorting facilities along the way. Not one person had the brains to ask "why is this package steadily heading NORTH to get to a business on the SOUTH side of town?" ...... Until I called..... They had no idea why it made the trip it did. It should have been here Wednesday, first class. Got it today.....
While on the phone, going through my account and my numerous complaint calls..... She tells me, "i see you had a problem with sending some cards. Again, we are sorry about that and the last cards where found and mailed....." ?WHAT?!!! They were found and are currently in route? WTF!? I'm SO P!$$3.....
That's the last time I include the USPS in my giveaways....
Robert, if no one claims the shirts by Friday, let me know please. I'll just pick names..... its gone on long enough already....
If you look at the pic, and map the zip codes, you will see the journey that my toy went on..... And you can see how close it was to me to begin with.... My post office is on the wacky tabacky or something......
Ok it won't let me upload it... Says invalid file.... Look at this, copied from their page .......

January 30, 2015 , 11:11 am
Delivered, Left with Individual
HOUSTON,*TX*77053*
Your item was delivered to an individual at the address at 11:11 am on January 30, 2015 in HOUSTON, TX 77053.
January 30, 2015 , 8:27 am
Sorting Complete
HOUSTON,*TX*77045*
January 30, 2015 , 7:28 am
Arrived at Post Office
HOUSTON,*TX*77045*
January 30, 2015 , 2:46 am
Departed USPS Facility
HOUSTON,*TX*77201*
January 29, 2015 , 7:15 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
HOUSTON,*TX*77201*
January 29, 2015 , 5:30 pm
Departed USPS Facility
NORTH HOUSTON,*TX*77315*
January 29, 2015 , 3:51 pm
Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
NORTH HOUSTON,*TX*77315*
January 27, 2015 , 6:18 pm
Departed Post Office
HOUSTON,*TX*77020*
January 27, 2015 , 3:19 pm
Picked Up
HOUSTON,*TX*77020*
Available Actions
Text Updates
Request Text Tracking to receive a text message when your package moves throughout the USPS network.

Message frequency is based on the request type; packages may have up to 11 tracking events.

Message and data rates may apply.

For additional information, text HELP to 2USPS (28777). You may opt out by texting STOP to 2USPS.

Read more about Text Tracking >

Delivery or delivery attempt
Select "Delivery or delivery attempt" to get Text Updates for each delivery or delivery attempt.
Specific activities
Select "All activity" to get Text Updates on your mobile device for each scan on the package before and after the request is submitted. You can expect up to 11 scans on your package.
Send me all activity up to this point
Select "Send me all activity up to this point" to get Text Updates for each scan on the package to date.
Send me all future activity for this item
Select "Send me all future activity for this item" to get Text Updates for any future scan activity on the package.
If you select both options, Text Updates will be sent to your mobile device for each scan on the package before and after the request is submitted. You can expect up to 11 scans on your package.
*Phone number (US only, valid text message enabled number)

I have read, understand, and agree to the Terms and Conditions.

Email Updates
Name

Email Address

+ ADD ANOTHER EMAIL

Track Another Package
Old 01-30-2015, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemanjim View Post

Ok let's start with this.....
I ordered me a Cheer Nano Quadcopter Tuesday from a store that is only 10(ish ) miles from me. It went to the USPS sorting facilities about 5 miles from the store. Now, it SHOULD have gone to the post office that serves me. BUT O NNOOOO.... My Nano drone then went on over a 100 mile journey, going to numerous USPS sorting facilities along the way. Not one person had the brains to ask "why is this package steadily heading NORTH to get to a business on the SOUTH side of town?" ...... Until I called..... They had no idea why it made the trip it did. It should have been here Wednesday, first class. Got it today.....
While on the phone, going through my account and my numerous complaint calls..... She tells me, "i see you had a problem with sending some cards. Again, we are sorry about that and the last cards where found and mailed....." ?WHAT?!!! They were found and are currently in route? WTF!? I'm SO P!$$3.....
That's the last time I include the USPS in my giveaways....
Robert, if no one claims the shirts by Friday, let me know please. I'll just pick names..... its gone on long enough already....
If you look at the pic, and map the zip codes, you will see the journey that my toy went on..... And you can see how close it was to me to begin with.... My post office is on the wacky tabacky or something......
Ok it won't let me upload it... Says invalid file.... Look at this, copied from their page .......

January 30, 2015 , 11:11 am
Delivered, Left with Individual
HOUSTON,*TX*77053*
Your item was delivered to an individual at the address at 11:11 am on January 30, 2015 in HOUSTON, TX 77053.
January 30, 2015 , 8:27 am
Sorting Complete
HOUSTON,*TX*77045*
January 30, 2015 , 7:28 am
Arrived at Post Office
HOUSTON,*TX*77045*
January 30, 2015 , 2:46 am
Departed USPS Facility
HOUSTON,*TX*77201*
January 29, 2015 , 7:15 pm
Arrived at USPS Facility
HOUSTON,*TX*77201*
January 29, 2015 , 5:30 pm
Departed USPS Facility
NORTH HOUSTON,*TX*77315*
January 29, 2015 , 3:51 pm
Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
NORTH HOUSTON,*TX*77315*
January 27, 2015 , 6:18 pm
Departed Post Office
HOUSTON,*TX*77020*
January 27, 2015 , 3:19 pm
Picked Up
HOUSTON,*TX*77020*
Available Actions
Text Updates
Request Text Tracking to receive a text message when your package moves throughout the USPS network.

Message frequency is based on the request type; packages may have up to 11 tracking events.

Message and data rates may apply.

For additional information, text HELP to 2USPS (28777). You may opt out by texting STOP to 2USPS.

Read more about Text Tracking >

Delivery or delivery attempt
Select "Delivery or delivery attempt" to get Text Updates for each delivery or delivery attempt.
Specific activities
Select "All activity" to get Text Updates on your mobile device for each scan on the package before and after the request is submitted. You can expect up to 11 scans on your package.
Send me all activity up to this point
Select "Send me all activity up to this point" to get Text Updates for each scan on the package to date.
Send me all future activity for this item
Select "Send me all future activity for this item" to get Text Updates for any future scan activity on the package.
If you select both options, Text Updates will be sent to your mobile device for each scan on the package before and after the request is submitted. You can expect up to 11 scans on your package.
*Phone number (US only, valid text message enabled number)

I have read, understand, and agree to the Terms and Conditions.

Email Updates
Name

Email Address

+ ADD ANOTHER EMAIL

Track Another Package
was i supposed to get mail ?
Old 01-30-2015, 10:08 PM
Just kartin' around....

Old 01-30-2015, 10:33 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,058 Times in 440 Posts

I've sent one to Poboy. That's it, I haven't had any other email that I recall.

And, I have a CX-10 -- I think that's what you're talking about. I got it two days ago, shipped from China and took weeks to get here. OMG IT'S FREAKING AWESOME. (and hard to fly!)
Old 01-30-2015, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertdjung View Post

And, I have a CX-10 -- I think that's what you're talking about. I got it two days ago. OMG IT'S FREAKING AWESOME. (and hard to fly!)
You mean a drone the thing that crashed onto the white house lawn
Old 01-30-2015, 10:38 PM
Administrator

The CX-10 is the smallest drone that exists. It's like, 20 bucks.

It's silly-fun. It isn't really useful for anything except for crashing into the walls or ****ing off your dog (at least that's been my experience!) The battery lasts for around 4 minutes.

The one that crashed into the white house i think was a DJI Phantom, but not totally sure. Either way, a $1000 job, not a cheap toy.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:50 PM
Just kartin' around....

Quote:

And, I have a CX-10 -- I think that's what you're talking about. I got it two days ago. OMG IT'S FREAKING AWESOME. (and hard to fly!)
Yes, mine looks like a lady bug. It's less than 2"x2".... And so much fun. I can do flips..... I'll post a video tomorrow. I paid $23..... Not bad for the fun I've had today. I blow $20 all the time.... Why not get a toy?
Robert, doesn't yours have 6axis stabilization? Mine has a 4 axis, and when the trims are set right, it will hover in one spot till you move it. The 6 axis are even easier to fly, so I was told. Play with the trim settings till you can get it to just hover. It will take a charge or two to get it real good. Once you get that done, you will be surprised at what that thing can do. IIRC, yours has the 3D flip button too. Read the manual, if you can understand it... (bad English grammar) set the controller so the screen shows "3D" .... (the left corner button? The right one is the flip button..) when it's in 3D mode, hold the right corner button, after you get a hover, then hit a left on the joystick. It will flip to the left.... It flips in all 4 directions. And these things are QUICK!
Old 01-30-2015, 10:53 PM

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/white...ry?id=28586890
Old 01-30-2015, 11:56 PM
Administrator

Jim, I don't know! I think it's 4 axis? The manual is hilariously bad. It talks about the "daily double" sound and the "God" sound... Pretty funny though I wish I could understand what the heck it's talking about! i need to google a good translation, I'm sure there's one out there. And yes, it's a 3-D one, (I don't know what that means, either!)w

I just watched the whole video I posted, and learned some things... It's a flipper!
Old 01-31-2015, 02:06 AM

Thanked 4,589 Times in 3,464 Posts

Quote:

And, I have a CX-10 -- I think that's what you're talking about. I got it two days ago, shipped from China and took weeks to get here. OMG IT'S FREAKING AWESOME. (and hard to fly!)
I got myself a silverlit Sky Wizard last year...

that is hard to fly.. I managed maybe two minutes of stable flight (hovering) until today.. the slightest movement with the phone,
and it crashes immediately into the next wall, or comes right at your face

Still awesome

On a nother note..
Jim, I got your card in the mail !

thank you!

No shirt to claim here...
but if there's an orange v-neck left.. I'd take it

'sid
Old 01-31-2015, 04:28 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsid View Post
On a nother note..
Jim, I got your card in the mail !
Oh good, that means mine shoud be here in about... March?
Old 01-31-2015, 05:56 PM

lol ? i have no clue what you guys are talking about
Old 01-31-2015, 09:03 PM

Thanked 4,589 Times in 3,464 Posts

Pigeons Bird, Pigeons

That mailbird has to fly quite a distance from Jim's home to my door.. and an even longer sdistance to Tony's mailbox..

'sid
Old 01-31-2015, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsid View Post
Pigeons Bird, Pigeons

That mailbird has to fly quite a distance from Jim's home to my door.. and an even longer sdistance to Tony's mailbox..

'sid
Usually takes a week for me to get mail from Houston
Old 02-02-2015, 01:02 PM
Just kartin' around....

Quote:
Jim, I don't know! I think it's 4 axis? The manual is hilariously bad. It talks about the "daily double" sound and the "God" sound... Pretty funny though I wish I could understand what the heck it's talking about! i need to google a good translation, I'm sure there's one out there. And yes, it's a 3-D one, (I don't know what that means, either!)w

I just watched the whole video I posted, and learned some things... It's a flipper!

http://youtu.be/l4fTNkd4w8U
Old 02-02-2015, 01:07 PM
Just kartin' around....

I give up..... I'm not posting anymore videos.... GRRRRRRRR it just don't work right.....