Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Other Stuff > Off Topic Forum

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-03-2019, 10:29 AM
JTSpeedDemon's Avatar
JTSpeedDemon JTSpeedDemon is online now
Currently flathead-crazed
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,695
Thanks: 653
Thanked 367 Times in 337 Posts
Default Why the Alfa Arna is the best car ever made...

•EDIT•

THIS 'THREAD' has been split from another thread, that's why it so abruptly starts..
it has no value to the original thread and thus had to go..
but for the sake of keeping it it's now here..
-itsid-


[/EOE]


Quote:
Originally Posted by Budget GoKart View Post
Cool i love bel airs
I'm a Ford guy through and through. Let me list some of the nicknames I have for GM: General Mothers(since they're way too sensible), Government Motors-OH WAIT! No politics, I forgot.
That's all I'll say, 'cause I don't wanna get banned.
But yeah, FORD FOEVA!

Which is doodles.
__________________
King of Controversy

Last edited by itsid; 05-07-2019 at 09:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-03-2019, 11:32 AM
Budget GoKart's Avatar
Budget GoKart Budget GoKart is online now
Aka a kenbar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: indiana
Posts: 1,051
Thanks: 19
Thanked 119 Times in 111 Posts
Default

I like ferds the most but back to topic i stopped doodling for the day
__________________
Rust gives it character... until it breaks in half then you get character.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-03-2019, 03:51 PM
J.S.@SMS's Avatar
J.S.@SMS J.S.@SMS is offline
Here 8am-? Mon-Fri
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Weeki Wachee Fl.
Posts: 650
Thanks: 62
Thanked 118 Times in 105 Posts
Default

You do know what Ford stands for right? Fix Or Repair Daily.
__________________
For his personal safety, keep this one away from bicycles.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J.S.@SMS For This Useful Post:
Hellion (10-30-2019), Panhead5496 (05-04-2019)
  #4  
Old 05-03-2019, 05:02 PM
JTSpeedDemon's Avatar
JTSpeedDemon JTSpeedDemon is online now
Currently flathead-crazed
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,695
Thanks: 653
Thanked 367 Times in 337 Posts
Default

Oh yeah? Well Chevy, as American as it may seem, was started by a FRENCHMAN!
So there!
Also, they've gone bankrupt(multiple times) and have had to be bailed out by (I shall not bring up politics explicitly) an organization designed to maintain order in a large area.
I think you know what I mean, it's spelled Ferdinand.
__________________
King of Controversy
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-03-2019, 05:05 PM
Kartorbust's Avatar
Kartorbust Kartorbust is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 2,879
Thanks: 612
Thanked 764 Times in 642 Posts
Default

You know that Chevrolet stands for Constantly Having Every Vehicle Recalled Over Lousy Engineering Techniques?

I'll have to find some of my drawings from high school. Drew out a DeLorean body and chassis during math class.
__________________
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kartorbust For This Useful Post:
JTSpeedDemon (05-03-2019), Panhead5496 (05-04-2019)
  #6  
Old 05-03-2019, 05:11 PM
JTSpeedDemon's Avatar
JTSpeedDemon JTSpeedDemon is online now
Currently flathead-crazed
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,695
Thanks: 653
Thanked 367 Times in 337 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartorbust View Post
You know that Chevrolet stands for Constantly Having Every Vehicle Recalled Over Lousy Engineering Techniques?
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!
SO TRUE! THANK YOU!!
My grandpa's 2015 Chevy Suburban has maybe ~85k miles, and it's had to be brought in to the dealership for major repairs probably ~5 times!!!
I think at least two of those were for RECALLS.
Oh yeah, and each time it got repaired, I think it was about ~$2000!!!
And besides, the Bowtie can't say it's had the Camaro in more than 50 years of continuous production, like Ford can with the 'Stang.
So there.
FORD WINS AGAIN!!!
__________________
King of Controversy
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JTSpeedDemon For This Useful Post:
Kartorbust (05-03-2019)
  #7  
Old 05-03-2019, 09:49 PM
Denny Denny is offline
Canned Monster
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Mayberry, Indiana
Posts: 1,470
Thanks: 86
Thanked 671 Times in 502 Posts
Default

Louis Chevrolet actually started out building hop up parts for model T Fords and racing them. And no the Camaro has not been in continuous production for 50 years but the Corvette has for over 60 years. One other thing If GMC and Chevrolet were allowed to put their sales totals together (Since they are the same basic trucks) they would have spanked Ford for forever. Ford does not really have a lot to brag about once you research company history.


Denny
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-03-2019, 10:28 PM
Kartorbust's Avatar
Kartorbust Kartorbust is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 2,879
Thanks: 612
Thanked 764 Times in 642 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
Louis Chevrolet actually started out building hop up parts for model T Fords and racing them. And no the Camaro has not been in continuous production for 50 years but the Corvette has for over 60 years. One other thing If GMC and Chevrolet were allowed to put their sales totals together (Since they are the same basic trucks) they would have spanked Ford for forever. Ford does not really have a lot to brag about once you research company history.


Denny
Except for the 1983 model year, it does not exist.
__________________
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kartorbust For This Useful Post:
Flyinhillbilly (05-12-2019)
  #9  
Old 05-04-2019, 12:10 AM
Panhead5496's Avatar
Panhead5496 Panhead5496 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Athens, Georgia
Posts: 908
Thanks: 819
Thanked 179 Times in 150 Posts
Default

Mean while, Dodge has the fastest production Sedan (Hellcat), quickest production drag car (Demon), and fastest production SUV (Trackhawk)

'Nuff said

And oh yeah, they built a Viper at one point, which spanks some exotics.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Panhead5496 For This Useful Post:
tgus3 (05-07-2019)
  #10  
Old 05-04-2019, 07:57 AM
JTSpeedDemon's Avatar
JTSpeedDemon JTSpeedDemon is online now
Currently flathead-crazed
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,695
Thanks: 653
Thanked 367 Times in 337 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496 View Post
Mean while, Dodge has the fastest production Sedan (Hellcat), quickest production drag car (Demon), and fastest production SUV (Trackhawk)

'Nuff said

And oh yeah, they built a Viper at one point, which spanks some exotics.
For the sake of staying on topic, I'll keep it short:
2019. Shelby. GT500. 800+ HP. Nothin' cooler.
__________________
King of Controversy
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-06-2019, 12:23 PM
Kartorbust's Avatar
Kartorbust Kartorbust is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 2,879
Thanks: 612
Thanked 764 Times in 642 Posts
Default

The funny thing though about the Hellcat and Demon are, they get beat by Teslas all the time. The cars are frickin heavy. The Challenger is based off a Mercedes AMG (heavy car) and it's not that fast. On a similar note, the 1000hp 426 Hemi Hellephant $29,998 crate engine sold out within the first day or so of release. I don't buy into the hype of these performance engines at all.
__________________
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-06-2019, 08:17 PM
itsid's Avatar
itsid itsid is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ruhrpott [Germany]
Posts: 10,348
Thanks: 1,406
Thanked 4,363 Times in 3,282 Posts
Default

Guys, guys.. you're all wrong!

I just watched a random episode of Dark Matter
(2.11 I think, 2am reruns are not too reliable or new...)aaaanyways
crew is on some foreign planet and greenhaired girl gets kidnapped
by slavers..
In a Mercedes Unimog

Three traces down the slavers' house, kills all five and rescues the little girl..
then galactic authority arrives..
In a Mercedes G Modell

So, whatever you think is the best car in the world..
Mercedes are obviously the best cars in the fricking universe..
who'd intergalactic ship a several ton vehicle if it's not the most reliable and best car you could think of?
I mean think of what hauling a car from coast to coast costs..
and what musk spend to have the tesla in orbit;
now just think what interstellar shipment would cost

See,
Mercedes won :p

Now some first hand car experiences o mine:
most reliable car I ever owned was in fact a Mercedes Benz 190E [W201]..
most fun a 914 VW-Porsche,
good fun but unreliable Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0;
fanciest car I've driven (slowly though) Lamborghini Gallardo I'd say..
followed by a 911 Carrera (997) to me the better of the two.

fastest I've driven a car was 300km/h (186mph) in a Jaguar XF R (510 horses)
did get close once before in an Opel Irmscher Senator 4.0 (280km/h / 174mph with just 286 horses)..
but the transmission was shot the very same day because of that
so not fun (GM transmission.. crap as crap can be)

In fact going that fast on public roads is not fun at all..
impressive sure, thrilling yes .. fun not for long
(4 or 5 seconds and speed blur alone made me lose focus)

Quickest passenger seat acceleration I'm aware of was a Mercedes C63
(dang that felt like being whacked in the back with a baseball bat)

Most fun in a car was a DAF 66, but that does not belong here ... for reasons!

IDK,
I've sat in a Challenger once (60's) and it was like sitting on a rocking horse
on top of a water bed.. I hated it!
driving experience like a Citroen 2CV which is as bad in corners
nice growl however
Wanted a Bel-Air sooo badly until I saw it in person.. no way that fits in my garage.
Still love to get a Volvo Amazon leadsled though... (ah one day perhaps)

But you talk about cars like about a football team..
and frankly that's the most stupid thing I've ever heard!
car fandom is biased bulls shirt.. none is fact none is real..

You like blue better than gold.. sure..
you like oval more than square.. okay..
but how's that in any way important
and most o all how does THAT make any other non conformant car in any way worse???

'sid

PS no longer owning any car.. 5min walk from job to bed and if I need a car I can borrow one from my family..
and for a fun ride in the evening sun my motorcycle serves me well.
(short: the car I would want, I cannot afford the car I don't want.. I don't need)
__________________
Jokes about german sausage are the wurst.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-06-2019, 08:54 PM
Budget GoKart's Avatar
Budget GoKart Budget GoKart is online now
Aka a kenbar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: indiana
Posts: 1,051
Thanks: 19
Thanked 119 Times in 111 Posts
Default

Mmkay' this is fudging bull shirt! We all know Japanese cars are the best bwahaha jk Murica'
__________________
Rust gives it character... until it breaks in half then you get character.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-06-2019, 09:06 PM
Panhead5496's Avatar
Panhead5496 Panhead5496 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Athens, Georgia
Posts: 908
Thanks: 819
Thanked 179 Times in 150 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartorbust View Post
The funny thing though about the Hellcat and Demon are, they get beat by Teslas all the time. The cars are frickin heavy. The Challenger is based off a Mercedes AMG (heavy car) and it's not that fast. On a similar note, the 1000hp 426 Hemi Hellephant $29,998 crate engine sold out within the first day or so of release. I don't buy into the hype of these performance engines at all.
Agreed, Challenger/Chargers are heavy. As a Charger owner I 100% agree they need to be lighter. In 2021 they are getting a massive overhaul and should be much lighter.

As far as the Tesla goes, not sure why you single out the Hellcat and Demon as getting beat...the Tesla is going to be pretty much any comparable car to the Dodge lol! I mean, you could buy a $100,000+ car with less horsepower than a Hellcat and still get walked by a Tesla. They aren't really playing fair with the electric motor. Instead of a drag race, let's have an endurance race and see how the do LOL

What hype? I don't get buying the Hellephant for $30k, but it is a monster of an engine. As far as performance engines go, pretty much any engine built in the past few years that was built around even semi-sporty cars (like my v6 Charger) are very powerful and good engines. my car has ~305hp give or take...10 years ago you'd have to buy a big v8 to get that. And it gets almost 30mpg on the highway. What I'm saying is that 2019 is a great time to be a car enthusiast.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-06-2019, 11:35 PM
trialsmaniac trialsmaniac is offline
a guy that rides trials
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Posts: 24
Thanks: 5
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsid View Post
Guys, guys.. you're all wrong!

I just watched a random episode of Dark Matter
(2.11 I think, 2am reruns are not too reliable or new...)aaaanyways
crew is on some foreign planet and greenhaired girl gets kidnapped
by slavers..
In a Mercedes Unimog

Three traces down the slavers' house, kills all five and rescues the little girl..
then galactic authority arrives..
In a Mercedes G Modell

So, whatever you think is the best car in the world..
Mercedes are obviously the best cars in the fricking universe..
who'd intergalactic ship a several ton vehicle if it's not the most reliable and best car you could think of?
I mean think of what hauling a car from coast to coast costs..
and what musk spend to have the tesla in orbit;
now just think what interstellar shipment would cost

See,
Mercedes won :p

Now some first hand car experiences o mine:
most reliable car I ever owned was in fact a Mercedes Benz 190E [W201]..
most fun a 914 VW-Porsche,
good fun but unreliable Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0;
fanciest car I've driven (slowly though) Lamborghini Gallardo I'd say..
followed by a 911 Carrera (997) to me the better of the two.

fastest I've driven a car was 300km/h (186mph) in a Jaguar XF R (510 horses)
did get close once before in an Opel Irmscher Senator 4.0 (280km/h / 174mph with just 286 horses)..
but the transmission was shot the very same day because of that
so not fun (GM transmission.. crap as crap can be)

In fact going that fast on public roads is not fun at all..
impressive sure, thrilling yes .. fun not for long
(4 or 5 seconds and speed blur alone made me lose focus)

Quickest passenger seat acceleration I'm aware of was a Mercedes C63
(dang that felt like being whacked in the back with a baseball bat)

Most fun in a car was a DAF 66, but that does not belong here ... for reasons!

IDK,
I've sat in a Challenger once (60's) and it was like sitting on a rocking horse
on top of a water bed.. I hated it!
driving experience like a Citroen 2CV which is as bad in corners
nice growl however
Wanted a Bel-Air sooo badly until I saw it in person.. no way that fits in my garage.
Still love to get a Volvo Amazon leadsled though... (ah one day perhaps)

But you talk about cars like about a football team..
and frankly that's the most stupid thing I've ever heard!
car fandom is biased bulls shirt.. none is fact none is real..

You like blue better than gold.. sure..
you like oval more than square.. okay..
but how's that in any way important
and most o all how does THAT make any other non conformant car in any way worse???

'sid

PS no longer owning any car.. 5min walk from job to bed and if I need a car I can borrow one from my family..
and for a fun ride in the evening sun my motorcycle serves me well.
(short: the car I would want, I cannot afford the car I don't want.. I don't need)
your in germany, no wonder you love mercs.
Ford stands for "Found on rubbish dump" or "driver returns on foot".

I love land rovers.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-07-2019, 02:28 AM
Denny Denny is offline
Canned Monster
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Mayberry, Indiana
Posts: 1,470
Thanks: 86
Thanked 671 Times in 502 Posts
Default

Alex, you Europeans don't get it. I'm not making fun of you at all but in America a lot of us were brought up in a car culture where we took pride in building, racing or kustomizing our own personal cars to our own tastes sort of it is mine and no one has one like it. I my self am into the pure violence of a big block on launch during a drag race. For me there is nothing that compares to the freedom and focus I have at that time. I don't expect you to understand or anyone else for that matter because for each of us the automobile means something else. The only thing you may find comparable is when you ride your motorcycle. I just can't explain it. Yes, a lot of it had to do with wwII and I want to avoid that whole conversation.


Denny
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Denny For This Useful Post:
Panhead5496 (05-08-2019)
  #17  
Old 05-07-2019, 08:06 AM
itsid's Avatar
itsid itsid is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ruhrpott [Germany]
Posts: 10,348
Thanks: 1,406
Thanked 4,363 Times in 3,282 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
Alex, you Europeans don't get it. I'm not making fun of you at all but in America a lot of us were brought up in a car culture
*cough*
Denny.. trust me we europeans got it ..
running round in circles (or ovals for that matter) is boooooring
and that's why we have real race tracks, we don't care much about a quarter mile straight either (where's the point?)
If all you know is straight lines you suck at cornering I guess

Especially 'us germans' love our cars
WE still feel the heritage of Benz having invented the automobile,
and we treat them as family members in general.
(exceptons are to be expected)

we can make barely use of 1000 horses in a Bugatti Veyron
(and we're the only country where you can legally push it to it's limits)
I can legally drive at 200mph on public roads..
it's usually not going to happen because of traffic, and it's mostly not going to be fun either.. but we at least could.
So why even care about how fast something can go if I can't make use of that?

Nevermind, my point is:
A good car is a good car..
and if you like Ford more than Dodge so be it
if you like Chevy over Chrysler that's okay..

I like Mercdess more than BMW,
I like Alfas more than FIATs
And I Like Lamborghinis more than Ferraris

BUT that's personal taste!
Claiming one is better than the other is "football team"-reasoning
and that's invalid..
players can be sold to a different team (in car industry as in football) and that can change the outcome again.

I love the original GT40 (1966).. one of the most beautiful supersport cars out there..
I really like the appeal of old Chargers (1969),
And I wasn't kidding that I was looking to buy a 1956 Bel air.

And by that you can only tell that I like old era cars more than modern car.
I'd never claim an old car is better than a new one
new cars have more convenient gadgets, are safer
and have usually more power at a lower weight as well..
they usually do not live as long and might not even be as easy to maintain yourself, with all the electronics and such.

I just like them more...

I cannot think of any well or lesser known car company atm,
who didn't made a car at one point that I wouldn't like.
And yes, some companies made more cars I like than others
(see list above)
some make cars I really hate (some more than others again).

But arguing about one company is better than another is pointless.
Some are not too successfull but they still made a good car in the past (DMC made exceptionally good cars for example)

fandom in general is okay,
but it's nothing you can argue about;
just like DrHouse once said "if you could argue with religious people, there wouldn't be any religious people"
same idea...

You like A, chap to your left likes B, none of you is wrong!

'sid
__________________
Jokes about german sausage are the wurst.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-07-2019, 08:26 AM
J.S.@SMS's Avatar
J.S.@SMS J.S.@SMS is offline
Here 8am-? Mon-Fri
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Weeki Wachee Fl.
Posts: 650
Thanks: 62
Thanked 118 Times in 105 Posts
Default

I agree. But I still would rather race a 1/4 mile (or 1/8 in my area) and I like watching NASCAR, but I do have a crazy 8 track marked out that I like to run. And I do not suck at cornering, If I did my kart would be wrapped around one of the trees that mark out the crazy 8.
__________________
For his personal safety, keep this one away from bicycles.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-07-2019, 09:15 AM
JTSpeedDemon's Avatar
JTSpeedDemon JTSpeedDemon is online now
Currently flathead-crazed
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,695
Thanks: 653
Thanked 367 Times in 337 Posts
Default

Wait, why does the title involve a MATRA MURENA???
I know a mod moved this stuff from the doodles thread, so could that mod please change the title to "Car Arguments"?
I'll sum up my opinion:
  1. NASCAR is freakin' cool
  2. NHRA is freakin' cool
  3. Kustom Kars are sometimes freakin' cool
  4. I'm a Ford guy, especially Mustangs
  5. I also like Mercedes, yes 'sid, I really do
  6. Ovals are "real tracks", just look at speedway karting as well
So there...
__________________
King of Controversy
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-07-2019, 09:36 AM
itsid's Avatar
itsid itsid is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ruhrpott [Germany]
Posts: 10,348
Thanks: 1,406
Thanked 4,363 Times in 3,282 Posts
Default

hehe I changed the vehicle in the title to a similarly debateable car..
And I think just for the fun of it I'll do so every once in a while

'sid
__________________
Jokes about german sausage are the wurst.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to itsid For This Useful Post:
J.S.@SMS (05-07-2019)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:35 AM.