Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > All Other Parts

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 06:57 PM

`I am trying to find a particular differential that Alsport Tri Sport used in there Street Legal Trikes in the mid 70's.

It is one that is steel, stamped with HAXCO HA251. The company that made them is called Holtan Axle & Transmissions and they also had a division that made the Hefty Tractors.

If anyone knows anything about them I would love to hear from you.

And, if your familar with the axles/differentials, it doesn't have to be this particular one, but it must be the same type or chain drive type that is strong enough to put with a high hp kawi ninja engine.

Hope to hear from ya'll.

Thanks
[EDIT]

Here is a couple pics. They also used in more of them the differentials by peerless. Unfortunately they can't hold up to the hp I am putting on them.

Unless you know of a peerless differential that would work for this kind of application, I have to have something more like the HAXCO.

Thanks again
Attached Thumbnails
DIFFERNTIAL HAXCO.jpg   HAXCO DIFFERENTIAL GRAYSCALE2.jpg  

Tri_sport_3 original rear end.jpg   ebay brochure image of street legal 74 Alsport.jpg  

Old 08-20-2018, 07:28 PM
2018 Buildoff Winner ! 😎😎

I’ve seen them on eBay cause I have a Alsport.
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe-405 For This Useful Post:
47vette (08-27-2018)
Old 08-20-2018, 07:49 PM

Thanked 4,197 Times in 3,141 Posts

uhhhh wrong forum
•MOVED•

Also: do NOT double post!
•MERGED•

'sid

PS I know.. new and such, no big deal, but keep that in mind for the next time please
Old 08-27-2018, 08:46 PM

Default Haxco differential question

Thanks for suggestions.

I guess there is not a lot of them out there so I am just hoping to keep the post up until I come accross a Haxco like the pic.

I purchased a peerless one that came from the factory that burnt down and closed in Pa. It was a new one made in the 80's.
The person selling them didn't think they were in the actual fire, but it does have signs of being in high heat. The grease had dripped out the axle hole so they must have gotten pretty hot and the grease melted and pressure pushed it out the axle hole. It was like in a small glob.
When I opened it up, the grease had become a small ball. The differential and axle don't seem to be hurt at all, but Im glad I opened it because it needed new grease.

This is not the same as the peerless you can buy brand new from a peerless dealer in the 100-001 series model #. These are actually smaller and the 1" axle actually tapers into the axle access hole down to 3/4 ". It also didn't have a keyway. These were made for the offroad I think or go carts with small mower engines.

I am going to see if I can cut keyways and make it work for me. I will let you know.

If anyone wants one of these a place called Larry's Svc Center in Richlandtown, Pa has them.

Just be sure to ask for all the specs and remember what I have said here about them. They are probably much higher quality than anything being made today for this application so I wouldn't hesistate to buy one as long as it will work for your ap.

I am still hoping I will find a Haxco even though I bought something else in the meantime.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:51 AM

Default I also rarely see trikes.. But I have one.

Going back & forth between converting to gas or making my own lithium battery pack. Leaning towards gas today. Haha.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20181110_153939~2.jpg   IMG_20181110_153152~2.jpg  

Old 11-19-2018, 09:17 AM
The REAL Poboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceyLostBoy View Post
Going back & forth between converting to gas or making my own lithium battery pack. Leaning towards gas today. Haha.
You are lost.