Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 05:29 PM

Default Is This A Rupp Super K?

Click image for larger version

Name:	dart1.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	88654 Another CL find... is this a Super K? Looks like someone put some God-awful bumpers on it......Or did Rupp build it like that? Thanks for any info.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	dart2.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	88655
Old 08-27-2017, 08:54 AM

im no expert, but id read the steering wheel
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karl For This Useful Post:
gokarttimmy (08-27-2017), KingCobra (11-27-2017)
Old 08-27-2017, 01:42 PM

Ummmmm.......Now, after sending me a smart aleck answer, I will ask again-because, as most folks know,Rupp made several different models-if one reads the steering wheel ,as you brilliantly made clear, it is a Dart Kart-but I trust folks on this forum to be able to actually provide useful information. There were different types of Dart Karts. My question was basically one to find out if those big ugly bumpers were added on later or supplied by Rupp. I have seen quite a few pics of Rupp karts and none of them had bumpers like that. But perhaps someone out there in Forum Land could help me out and tell me for sure. Thanks.
Old 11-27-2017, 03:09 AM

To answer your questions Gokarttimmy:

No, the bumpers do no appear to be factory. They would have had either a swoop like what you would see on other karts or none at all. There are aftermarket bumpers such as Burgfelt which are bolt on.

From what I have gathered by examining your photos, no the kart does not appear to be a Super K. Reasons are:
1. No sign of rear spun aluminum fuel tank mounts/brackets on the frame. These brackets would be located on each side of the frame post, behind the seat down at the bottom towards your tailbone.
2. The Super K does not have support bars on the front spindles.
3. The Super K was shorter in length for performance reasons then the other Rupp kart models

I actually have a Rupp Dart Kart "Super K" and is in the process of restoring it. Cool kart though, hope this clear things up.

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

The Following User Says Thank You to That_Guy For This Useful Post:
ezcome-ezgo (11-27-2017)
Old 11-27-2017, 04:17 AM
TROLL CRUSHER INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Guy View Post
To answer your questions Gokarttimmy:

No, the bumpers do no appear to be factory. They would have had either a swoop like what you would see on other karts or none at all. There are aftermarket bumpers such as Burgfelt which are bolt on.

From what I have gathered by examining your photos, no the kart does not appear to be a Super K. Reasons are:
1. No sign of rear spun aluminum fuel tank mounts/brackets on the frame. These brackets would be located on each side of the frame post, behind the seat down at the bottom towards your tailbone.
2. The Super K does not have support bars on the front spindles.
3. The Super K was shorter in length for performance reasons then the other Rupp kart models

I actually have a Rupp Dart Kart "Super K" and is in the process of restoring it. Cool kart though, hope this clear things up.

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

Hi Ken: What luck! Your timing is absolutely perfect! I would love to see pictures of your 'Super K' if you would be so kind sir! I've always had a fascination for a rare go-kart. Do tell. Would love to see a link to your 'Dart Super K' restoration thread. Thanks, Scott
Old 11-27-2017, 11:52 AM

Scott:

The kart is currently disassembled and in storage, haven't been able to work on it in over 6-8 months or so. Unfortunately, I have no restoration thread to offer nor progress photos to share. The only photos I have of the kart are before pictures. However, my plans are to paint the frame a metallic blue and have all the bolt on parts/wheels grey/brush metal look. Engine of choice is a 5hp Tecumseh 2 stroke. I had to completely rebuild the front end of the kart due to previous owners before me hacking it up.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 11-27-2017, 08:18 PM

I too am reworking a Super K. I have the perforated front axle braces and the rear tank support brackets. It is indeed a short kart so I am going to put a front bumper from an A-bone so I can move the pedals forward. Former owner removed the wide hoop and fabbed up a really narrow steering support. Currently running a Harbor Freight 4-cycle with a torque converter. Proper 2-cycles are expensive!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Closed Thread