Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Mini Bikes, Trikes, and Choppers

Notices

Old 01-26-2019, 01:24 AM

Default Coleman CT100..."my" new ride

So I had some errands to run today, one of which included going to Walmart. I needed some groceries and a few odds and end near the back of the store, near sporting goods. I was walking around and saw a yellow "clearance" balloon, and being the frugal shopper I was, went over to see what was on sale. Usually it's like a chair or something lol.

I get closer and see a minibike and go "oh how cute, Walmart sells Coleman minibikes now, I bet they are asking a whole lot of money for them". I was looking at the box then saw the price tag: $150. I do a double take. Surely it can't be that cheap brand new in the box! I keep looking at it and sure enough, it was marked down from like $380 to $150. I about fell over myself taking my other items to checkout and then going to the car to see if it would even come close to fitting in my car (I drive a Dodge Charger, not exactly ideal for transporting mini bikes!).

So I decide what the heck, I'll just ask and see if they will hold it. Practically run back inside and whew, it's still there. Find a person who works there and ask them if they would help me carry it (she goes and gets a loading cart) and off we go to the register to checkout.

Of course the checkout lady sees the price tag and does a double take, saying surely that can't be the correct price. The original person who was helping me was still there and said yep, it was indeed $150.

I guess someone marked it down wrong or Walmart really wanted to get rid of it (it was the LAST one!).

So I bought it for $160.50 out the door. I was ecstatic.

Then we (we being me and the original lady helping me, who I think was getting a kick out of watching the other people faces when they saw the price ) get to the person who checks receipts at the door. This lady takes my receipt, looks at it, looks back at the bike, looks at the receipt, then looks at me and says she doesn't know how or why it was so cheap...I think somebody messed up somewhere?

It took me, the original lady who helped me, 2 guys who were pushing buggies back in the parking lot, and some random guy walking past to get it in my car...but we did!

If you read all that then tomorrow I'm going to put it all together and see how it works! A few younger family members are so excited to ride it while I ride my Baja.

Still a little shocked I got it so cheap...just was one of those right place at the right time things!
The Following User Says Thank You to Panhead5496 For This Useful Post:
landuse (06-26-2019)
Old 01-26-2019, 10:42 AM
2018 Buildoff Winner ! 😎😎

Over on the old minibike forums they were talking about that. A few guys over there found them at wal mart for that cheap also. Usually they are outside in the garden area tho. I just haven’t been one of the lucky ones to find one !
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe-405 For This Useful Post:
Panhead5496 (01-26-2019)
Old 01-26-2019, 01:44 PM
Here 8am-? Mon-Fri

Now that's a deal! Next time I'm at Walmart I'll have to see if they're that cheap. Are they the ct200u-ex's.
Old 01-26-2019, 03:55 PM
2018 Buildoff Winner ! 😎😎

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S.@SMS View Post
Now that's a deal! Next time I'm at Walmart I'll have to see if they're that cheap. Are they the ct200u-ex's.
He said the ct100 in the title. Not the 200ís. The 100ís look like the older style minibikes.
Old 01-26-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-405 View Post
Over on the old minibike forums they were talking about that. A few guys over there found them at wal mart for that cheap also. Usually they are outside in the garden area tho. I just havenít been one of the lucky ones to find one !
Oh interesting...I need to go to the garden area and try and find more I have like 5-6 Walmarts in an hour radius from me. Maybe tomorrow I will take my truck on a little road trip and see if I can find some more

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S.@SMS View Post
I was pretty excited! Unfortunately not the 200...man if they had those for $150 I'd buy a whole pallet and resale them on Craiglist and make a lot of money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-405 View Post
The 100ís look like the older style minibikes.
Yes they are a little too small for me. I could ride it but my knees bumped. I was surprised though, the little engine pulled me all right out of the box. The family members riding it are all about 5'6 and under 120lbs and they fit perfectly. They say it has enough power, but the screw restricting the governor is all the way in...I went to back it out some and apparently Coleman is welding the screws on the side so it is impossible to just unscrew it! A little dremel work should take care of that!
Old 03-01-2019, 12:39 PM
Aka a kenbar

i got my ct200u for 100$ from two teens who barely even knew what it was
Old 06-22-2019, 09:58 PM

I got mine for $85 at walmart but it was a display so no box or paper work
Old 06-23-2019, 04:55 AM

I ordered mine from Wal-Mart for $295. with free delivery to my house.
Old 06-23-2019, 02:19 PM
Disc brakes'r for cowards

Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,140 Posts

Where's the pics, mang?

I suppose "if you've seen one you've seen them all", but this one is yours. I'd like to see how they come out of the box.

Old 06-23-2019, 04:16 PM

Thanked 1,777 Times in 1,467 Posts

Effing crikey...

Boy oh boy us Canuckistani's are shure getting the raw deal... When it comes to these bikes
A few hundred... And that's an OK deal with you folks down south...
Last the princess had one of those guys... Looking at $699 and up..
Monstermoto 212 bikes.. $1500-$2000+on the Amazon...
Old 06-25-2019, 12:30 AM
Canned Monster

McKutzy, now might be a good time to move to the States, Eh?

Denny
The Following User Says Thank You to Denny For This Useful Post:
mckutzy (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 09:37 AM

Thought occured, the woman doesn't want to leave or like the heat...

Texas or Louisiana...
Firearm loving/friendly states are good.
Or maybe ill have to start a mini bike trading cartel...
Old 06-25-2019, 10:20 AM
Senor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckutzy View Post
Thought occured, the woman doesn't want to leave or like the heat...

Texas or Louisiana...
Firearm loving/friendly states are good.
Or maybe ill have to start a mini bike trading cartel...

Oh we're knife friendly too. Switchblades, spears, daggers, Bowie, butterfly type & heck even a sword is legal to carry.

And in September this year, Brass Knuckles, Kitty KeyChains and Billy Clubs will be legal to carry as part of a self defense law just passed.

Here is the short list of still illegal weapons:
▪ Explosive weapons, machine guns, short-barrel firearms or firearm silencers ó unless these items are classified as relics or registered with the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

▪ Homemade guns.

▪ Armor-piercing ammunition.

▪ Tire deflation devices.

▪ Chemical dispensing devices (except for items such as pepper spray).

Now if they could only legalize...
Functional Artist (06-25-2019), mckutzy (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 11:17 AM

Well those definitely are on my short list.....Not a smoker however, so I dont care, albeit I feel for those who need it...
I cant carry anything at all, but I would like to entertain the thought after the training course.

Ironically Canada has a few weird laws concerning weapons.... For ex. Plastic or non metallic "Brass knuckles" are perfectly legal to possess and purchase/sell/import here.....as they are just legal ergonomically contoured paperweights, or paracord holders....
Push daggers.... A big no no.....???

Steel core surplus ammo(Im understanding that some states deem that an armor piercing projectile)...Deemed just that, or actual metallic penetrator AP ammunition in rifle Cal is perfectly legal everywhere.....Just not to hunt...anything!!!...

Bear spray... is GREY but legal, as its intended purpose is for animal dispersal..... but for the most part outside most city/town limits... youll need it... actually for bears and big cats..
Also our postal service has every postal walker equipped with it... mainly for dogs...

Body armor(this is a weird one), requires a firearms licence that allows you to possess handguns/AR's/ and other perscribed firearms, Restricted firearm or R-PAL(which means you now have a registered piece of body armor).. In short...You can't carry the gun . .....but can get the armor to protect you from it... unless you passed the test for the gun its intended to stop, for inwhich the criminal who shot you didnt have a licence to possess the gun in the first place....
Oh and the first question being asked is why do you need it.....????Of course the reason is EXTRA range safety,cause accidents happen, where those handguns are the only place it is allowed to be legally discharged in the first place....

ya.... good times....

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

OOPS sorry Panhead... kinda went off on it....
Old 06-25-2019, 04:44 PM
Disc brakes'r for cowards

Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,140 Posts

TL;DR.

Of course I skipped Panhead's wall of text and looked for photos and found none. Still none at this time. We have the technology...
We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic man. Steve "Panhead" Austin will be that man. Better than he was before. Better...stronger...faster.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:15 PM
Canned Monster

Indiana is still cooler than Texas (we get snow). We don't have stuff coming out of the woods that will kill and eat you. And we still get to play with all the good toys.

Denny