Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Other Stuff > Off Topic Forum

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-10-2019, 04:55 PM
JTSpeedDemon's Avatar
JTSpeedDemon JTSpeedDemon is offline
Currently flathead-crazed
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,679
Thanks: 369
Thanked 196 Times in 181 Posts
Default Happy birthday to me! WHOOWEE!

Yup, it's almost my birthday.
I'll officially be a teenager(13) on the 12th.
Just thought I'd share with my powersports friends!
__________________
Local Bird Engineering Nut
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JTSpeedDemon For This Useful Post:
landuse (04-11-2019)
  #2  
Old 04-11-2019, 06:18 AM
ezcome-ezgo's Avatar
ezcome-ezgo ezcome-ezgo is offline
G'me sumthin to write on
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,995
Thanks: 2,460
Thanked 994 Times in 797 Posts
Default

Great. Almost time to get all sulky and self absorbed.
__________________
My name is Sylvester McMonkey McBean. I will make a decontamination.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ezcome-ezgo For This Useful Post:
Panhead5496 (04-11-2019), txluke (04-11-2019)
  #3  
Old 04-11-2019, 08:37 AM
JTSpeedDemon's Avatar
JTSpeedDemon JTSpeedDemon is offline
Currently flathead-crazed
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,679
Thanks: 369
Thanked 196 Times in 181 Posts
Default


Yeah, and always demanding money for my parents!
At least that's what my 17 year old brother does.
And demands rides as well.
Well, at least I've got a great example of what not to do...
__________________
Local Bird Engineering Nut
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-11-2019, 08:41 AM
Budget GoKart's Avatar
Budget GoKart Budget GoKart is offline
broke mechanic
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: indiana
Posts: 693
Thanks: 9
Thanked 55 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Yep happy birthday jt!
__________________
Certified Yerfdog 3202-3203 expert.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Budget GoKart For This Useful Post:
JTSpeedDemon (04-11-2019)
  #5  
Old 04-11-2019, 08:43 AM
Tpdingo Tpdingo is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Bellmore, NY
Posts: 847
Thanks: 13
Thanked 238 Times in 202 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTSpeedDemon View Post

Yeah, and always demanding money for my parents!
At least that's what my 17 year old brother does.
And demands rides as well.
Well, at least I've got a great example of what not to do...
Don't worry, youll see all the stuff your not going to do, then your body releases some chemicals and your brain will say **** all that I'm going to the crap I didn't want to do anyway!

Make the best of the worst...it will be over soon enough! And by then you can buy all the crap you want with a job!
__________________
Give a wrench long enough and WD-40, and I can remove the world's rusty bolts.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-11-2019, 12:50 PM
J.S.@SMS J.S.@SMS is offline
Here 8am-? Mon-Fri
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Weeki Wachee Fl.
Posts: 469
Thanks: 51
Thanked 85 Times in 75 Posts
Default

Happy birthday. I can remember when I became a teen. Of course that was only three and a half years ago.

And ezycome-ezygo,
I take offense to that. I'm 16, and I'm neither sulky, nor self absorbed. And think, the last time I truly lost my temper was about, uh let me see, never. People have made me angry before, but I never got physical. And I've only ever raised my voice a few times. Mainly when my dog chases my cat, after I tell him not to 10 times. So not everyone fits that stereotype.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-11-2019, 03:31 PM
Kartorbust's Avatar
Kartorbust Kartorbust is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 2,683
Thanks: 578
Thanked 729 Times in 613 Posts
Default

Well once you graduate high school, life decides to go full send on a shot of nitrous and you cannot use the brakes. So enjoy life while you still can. I've been out of high school for 8 years now, out of college 7 years and life still isn't slowing down yet. Enjoy the teen years while you can, because once you're in your mid to late 20s, you'll have no idea where the last decade went. Life becomes a blur.
__________________
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-11-2019, 04:27 PM
JTSpeedDemon's Avatar
JTSpeedDemon JTSpeedDemon is offline
Currently flathead-crazed
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,679
Thanks: 369
Thanked 196 Times in 181 Posts
Default

Yeah I've already figured out that the teen years are the time of most fun, so I'm going to enjoy it as best I can!
__________________
Local Bird Engineering Nut
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-11-2019, 05:00 PM
Tpdingo Tpdingo is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Bellmore, NY
Posts: 847
Thanks: 13
Thanked 238 Times in 202 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTSpeedDemon View Post
Yeah I've already figured out that the teen years are the time of most fun, so I'm going to enjoy it as best I can!
And I'm not sure what your doing about school...but still applies regardless. The next ~4-8 years of school will be very important. Don't let your attraction to others(be that girls, guys, or whatever) make your school suffer. Have a stable job and a good education, and then you can use that N2O shot of life on that stuff. I've experienced it, its not something you want to try and recover from. And if the hot chick asks to ride on the back of your kart, don't let her. Dont let someone win your heart over your kart. (this also happened to me....I didnt let her ride it)

Youve probably heard this before and youll probably hear it again...but please...do follow it. Its hard to follow this advice, i know. there is a reason we tell you youngsters this...

(plus with having a good job, then you can buy all, the karts you want...especially a two seater turbo 420 for that special someone)
__________________
Give a wrench long enough and WD-40, and I can remove the world's rusty bolts.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-11-2019, 06:26 PM
Panhead5496's Avatar
Panhead5496 Panhead5496 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Athens, Georgia
Posts: 912
Thanks: 819
Thanked 179 Times in 150 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S.@SMS View Post
And ezycome-ezygo,
I take offense to that. I'm 16, and I'm neither sulky, nor self absorbed. And think, the last time I truly lost my temper was about, uh let me see, never. People have made me angry before, but I never got physical. And I've only ever raised my voice a few times. Mainly when my dog chases my cat, after I tell him not to 10 times. So not everyone fits that stereotype.
Come on man, of course YOU don't think you are sulky or self-absorbed. But you are. I was too when I was a teenager. All guys get that way at some point. Heck, I turn 23 in less than a month and I still get sulky occasionally lol!

I don't know why you brought up the getting angry thing, as that wasn't really mentioned, but again, guys will get angry at something at some point, some more often than others. It's how you handled it that counts. Not being physical is a very good idea!

It's not really a stereotype, more of just what's going to happen. When I was mid teens I also thought I wasn't sulky or self absorbed, but now a few years later I realize I was. I'm sure 5 years from now I'll realize I acted in a bad manner now about something or the other.

What I'm trying to say is that in hindsight, we all see past behaviors that weren't good. There's no need to be offended about it, but just rather take it and let it "roll off your back".


A few things I want to say in light of the birthday...

1: Keep it in your pants... your brain might tell you one thing and hormones the other, but usually the brain is correct! Don't do something you'll regret after the fact.

2: When looking at what you want to do after high school, don't let what others thing about a career choice affect what YOU want to do, and what's best for YOU. So many times people go to college because they feel pressure from family/friends to go, when they would be better off going a different route. College is not for everyone!

3: Finally, don't take anything for granted since you are young. Your parents won't be here forever, nor will the people you think are your friends in high school. The people who stick with you in both the good and bad times are the ones who are your true friends.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Panhead5496 For This Useful Post:
tgus3 (04-11-2019)
  #11  
Old 04-11-2019, 07:11 PM
Tpdingo Tpdingo is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Bellmore, NY
Posts: 847
Thanks: 13
Thanked 238 Times in 202 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496 View Post
Come on man, of course YOU don't think you are sulky or self-absorbed. But you are. I was too when I was a teenager. All guys get that way at some point. Heck, I turn 23 in less than a month and I still get sulky occasionally lol!

I don't know why you brought up the getting angry thing, as that wasn't really mentioned, but again, guys will get angry at something at some point, some more often than others. It's how you handled it that counts. Not being physical is a very good idea!

It's not really a stereotype, more of just what's going to happen. When I was mid teens I also thought I wasn't sulky or self absorbed, but now a few years later I realize I was. I'm sure 5 years from now I'll realize I acted in a bad manner now about something or the other.

What I'm trying to say is that in hindsight, we all see past behaviors that weren't good. There's no need to be offended about it, but just rather take it and let it "roll off your back".


A few things I want to say in light of the birthday...

1: Keep it in your pants... your brain might tell you one thing and hormones the other, but usually the brain is correct! Don't do something you'll regret after the fact.

2: When looking at what you want to do after high school, don't let what others thing about a career choice affect what YOU want to do, and what's best for YOU. So many times people go to college because they feel pressure from family/friends to go, when they would be better off going a different route. College is not for everyone!

3: Finally, don't take anything for granted since you are young. Your parents won't be here forever, nor will the people you think are your friends in high school. The people who stick with you in both the good and bad times are the ones who are your true friends.
Absolutely! I know I get sulky and self-absorbed all the time. I really don't want to be, but I am...and I admit I am. I'm a teenager...what can I do? But almost everything else....spot on!
__________________
Give a wrench long enough and WD-40, and I can remove the world's rusty bolts.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tpdingo For This Useful Post:
Panhead5496 (04-11-2019)
  #12  
Old 04-11-2019, 07:21 PM
Budget GoKart's Avatar
Budget GoKart Budget GoKart is offline
broke mechanic
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: indiana
Posts: 693
Thanks: 9
Thanked 55 Times in 52 Posts
Default

:l well um hmm uh happy birthday bro i plan on bein a mechanic or owning a go kart shop after high school i xxxxing HATE school and isnt for everyone but for my career path i may not have to go to college but who knows
__________________
Certified Yerfdog 3202-3203 expert.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-12-2019, 09:10 AM
JTSpeedDemon's Avatar
JTSpeedDemon JTSpeedDemon is offline
Currently flathead-crazed
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,679
Thanks: 369
Thanked 196 Times in 181 Posts
Default

Hooray!
I'm officially a teenager today!
To clear up the schooling questions, I'm an 8th grade homeschooler.
Tomorrow we're goin' to Fort Worth for all you can eat beef ribs! HOOOO DOGGIE!
I actually got myself a birthday present, a really cool motorcycle helmet!
It's modular, so you can actually flip the chin piece and the visor out of the way for an open face helmet! It's size is LARGE, to fit my 100th percentile noggin...
I'm a bighead....
And I got it in matte black to match my kart!
Right now, my parents and I consider me a "good boy", but that might change. I'm gonna fight the teen obnoxiousness as best as I can, but sometimes there's nothing you can really do!
I'm 13!
__________________
Local Bird Engineering Nut
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-12-2019, 10:14 AM
Tpdingo Tpdingo is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Bellmore, NY
Posts: 847
Thanks: 13
Thanked 238 Times in 202 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTSpeedDemon View Post
Tomorrow we're goin' to Fort Worth for all you can eat beef ribs! HOOOO DOGGIE!
Yeah this post single handedly can confirm that you are from Texas.
__________________
Give a wrench long enough and WD-40, and I can remove the world's rusty bolts.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-12-2019, 10:21 AM
JTSpeedDemon's Avatar
JTSpeedDemon JTSpeedDemon is offline
Currently flathead-crazed
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,679
Thanks: 369
Thanked 196 Times in 181 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpdingo View Post
Yeah this post single handedly can confirm that you are from Texas.
Yeah I've found that over time I talk more and more like a Texan, even though I was born in Oregon.
Nowadays it's not strange to hear me say gol-durn and gol-ding-it.
I never said stuff like that in Cali-forn-i-a.
__________________
Local Bird Engineering Nut
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-12-2019, 11:18 AM
Kartorbust's Avatar
Kartorbust Kartorbust is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 2,683
Thanks: 578
Thanked 729 Times in 613 Posts
Default

Supposedly I still have my "Minnesotan" accent. News flash, it doesn't exist. Wait a minute....13 and in 8th grade? Man, now I really wish my parents had just homeschooled me from 3rd grade on instead of finishing up that school year. I could have graduated sooner. Can I have some fries with my salt?

Anyway, happy birthday.
__________________
In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kartorbust For This Useful Post:
JTSpeedDemon (04-12-2019), Panhead5496 (04-13-2019)
  #17  
Old 04-12-2019, 11:35 AM
JTSpeedDemon's Avatar
JTSpeedDemon JTSpeedDemon is offline
Currently flathead-crazed
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,679
Thanks: 369
Thanked 196 Times in 181 Posts
Default

Yeah, I've never taken a class at a public school.
Ever. Period.
For a little while we did a homeschooling co-op, but tht's the closest thing to public school I've ever been to.
My parents have basically incentivised me to stay homeschooled by letting me keep dogs, work on my go kart, and generally just spoiling me.
__________________
Local Bird Engineering Nut
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-12-2019, 12:09 PM
Texan's Avatar
Texan Texan is offline
Senor Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Deep In The Heart of Texas
Posts: 412
Thanks: 158
Thanked 209 Times in 162 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTSpeedDemon View Post
Hooray!
I'm officially a teenager today!
To clear up the schooling questions, I'm an 8th grade homeschooler.
Tomorrow we're goin' to Fort Worth for all you can eat beef ribs! HOOOO DOGGIE!
I actually got myself a birthday present, a really cool motorcycle helmet!
It's modular, so you can actually flip the chin piece and the visor out of the way for an open face helmet! It's size is LARGE, to fit my 100th percentile noggin...
I'm a bighead....
And I got it in matte black to match my kart!
Right now, my parents and I consider me a "good boy", but that might change. I'm gonna fight the teen obnoxiousness as best as I can, but sometimes there's nothing you can really do!
I'm 13!
Let me guess...Riscky's? When I visit DFW, I always stop there and eat myself sick with those ribs

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S.@SMS View Post
Happy birthday. I can remember when I became a teen. Of course that was only three and a half years ago.

And ezycome-ezygo,
I take offense to that. I'm 16, and I'm neither sulky, nor self absorbed. And think, the last time I truly lost my temper was about, uh let me see, never. People have made me angry before, but I never got physical. And I've only ever raised my voice a few times. Mainly when my dog chases my cat, after I tell him not to 10 times. So not everyone fits that stereotype.
I don't know, in that small post you referred to yourSELF like ten times, and come off as, well kind of sulky
__________________
Whatcha says no good.?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Texan For This Useful Post:
Panhead5496 (04-13-2019)
  #19  
Old 04-12-2019, 12:17 PM
JTSpeedDemon's Avatar
JTSpeedDemon JTSpeedDemon is offline
Currently flathead-crazed
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,679
Thanks: 369
Thanked 196 Times in 181 Posts
Default

indeed.
And you are SPOT ON. We are goin' to Riscky's BBQ tomorrow!
There's a stupid art show going on tomorrow, so we can't do the one at the Stockyards.
But we're going to another location.
__________________
Local Bird Engineering Nut
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-13-2019, 08:53 AM
JTSpeedDemon's Avatar
JTSpeedDemon JTSpeedDemon is offline
Currently flathead-crazed
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,679
Thanks: 369
Thanked 196 Times in 181 Posts
Default Birthday Update

Riscky's is canceled due to storms today.
Well, at least the stupid art show that would've kept us from going to the Stockyards location also got rained out!
Last night we went to Devil's Bowl Speedway to watch the World of Outlaws races! (see the pictures, they were the winged ones)
They were FAST!
And LOUD! I'm glad I brought earplugs.
I mean seriously, they were sliding around the dirt track at ~110 mph!!!
I liked the Limited Modified more(the stock car looking ones), they had a beefier exhaust note, and although they weren't as fast, they were a LOT more competitive!
I saw sparks, glowing hot metal, mangled body panels, spin outs, and even one car go AIRBORNE when another guy came up from behind!
It was INSANELY awesome!
Attached Thumbnails
Outlaws.jpg   Limited.jpg  

__________________
Local Bird Engineering Nut
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:20 AM.