Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Other Stuff > Off Topic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Hopeful for building kart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptain Krunch View Post
Its under the table, im almost 17. my boss doesnt care, i work hard. i dont know what the laws are, but neither of us follow them haha.

Seriously, confront this ***** and ask her why u werent invited.
I dont want to get too vulgar. In a town like mine, all she has to do is bad mouth me, and Ill never be able to get a job in town. Its flucking nuts.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:32 AM
Buggy Almost Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexibel_kampfe View Post
I dont want to get too vulgar. In a town like mine, all she has to do is bad mouth me, and Ill never be able to get a job in town. Its flucking nuts.
So if she bad mouths you, you get bad rep but what if you bad mouthed her? I would think she would get more bad rep because (im assuming) shes the adult and she should be mature enough to treat everyone equally . Just thinking
Old 08-03-2010, 02:29 AM
the names 'mater

Quote:
Originally Posted by toystory_4wd View Post
Freak, dude, anybody ever tell you that you got a way with words?
Yeah you can say that
Old 08-03-2010, 10:00 AM

Not that it matters, but what kind of cruise are we talking about? I gather that those who attend pay their own way given that the first year one person came up short and tip money was diverted to cover part of their cost. It makes no difference - cruise or company barbecue - you'd like to be invited just like everyone else.

As a boat-rocker of fair accomlishment I have a few thoughts, stemming from lessons learned the hard way.

First, could the ommission be an oversight? Your co-workers are discussing this trip openly in your presence as if they don't know that you weren't invited. They probably think you were and that makes me wonder whether the boss didn't include you accidentally. This is very unlikely - but possible. Second, it's fun to think about a Jerry Springer style "confrontation", but this brings a whole host of unintended and unpredictable consequences for you. It's also mouth-breathing knuckle-dragger style. Sometimes subtlety works better.

The vast majority of the population has a conscience so I'll assume your boss does too. Put that to work for you. Meet with her privately and ask her about the trip and why you weren't invited. She might have a good answer for you, but if she doesn't let her know how it makes you feel to have been excluded. Feelings, particularly hurt feelings, really get to those of the female gender - especially when the hurt feelings are those of the male gender. If she has a conscience it will REALLY bother her that she left you out.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryOlson View Post
Not that it matters, but what kind of cruise are we talking about? I gather that those who attend pay their own way given that the first year one person came up short and tip money was diverted to cover part of their cost. It makes no difference - cruise or company barbecue - you'd like to be invited just like everyone else.

As a boat-rocker of fair accomlishment I have a few thoughts, stemming from lessons learned the hard way.

First, could the ommission be an oversight? Your co-workers are discussing this trip openly in your presence as if they don't know that you weren't invited. They probably think you were and that makes me wonder whether the boss didn't include you accidentally. This is very unlikely - but possible. Second, it's fun to think about a Jerry Springer style "confrontation", but this brings a whole host of unintended and unpredictable consequences for you. It's also mouth-breathing knuckle-dragger style. Sometimes subtlety works better.

The vast majority of the population has a conscience so I'll assume your boss does too. Put that to work for you. Meet with her privately and ask her about the trip and why you weren't invited. She might have a good answer for you, but if she doesn't let her know how it makes you feel to have been excluded. Feelings, particularly hurt feelings, really get to those of the female gender - especially when the hurt feelings are those of the male gender. If she has a conscience it will REALLY bother her that she left you out.
This trip, she is paying for everyone...

She knows that she excluded me. Since when the father asked her if I was going, she said "No".

Its funny, because last year I was invited everywhere, the year before that, sorta the same. The first year its expected not to be invited everywhere. I went to shows with them, and to a theme park. Paid my own way, but was always invited. This year, I am chop liver. I have no idea why. She still seems friendly toward me, but it really gets me that she out of the blue invited a kid, who she has known for 3 months, to go with them, her paying his way.

I think she anticipates something. She said to one of my co-workers today "Next year I am going to have you cooking" even though this year I was trained and that became my position. I waited 3 years to get there. This is here first full year(She is the nitorious one) working.

I dont know, its like my job is becoming unglued at the seams.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:16 PM

Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,692 Posts

Well, I can see how this is getting your goat. I still think you should wait 'till you're alone, and ask why. Not accusingly, curiosly. As if you aren't ****ed or hurt. The answer either will or will not be legit. Take it from there. If you don't like the answer, you can either try to persuade her to change her mind, or simply accept it for what it is, b*lls*it or not, and start planning for your next job. Either way, stay tactful and emotionless. You're young and I assume you haven't had many jobs. Good employment references are worth their weight in gold.
As for any laws, they don't apply. If you're working under the table, your job is illegal. Give a week's notice when you leave (see above reference to references) Good luck.
Wrench, Wheel, Wreck, Repeat...
Old 08-03-2010, 05:19 PM

Welcome to the working world - it's rarely fair and those who advance very often do so for the wrong reasons. I won't say get used to it, because you never will, but remember what its like and one day if you find yourself in charge be sure you don't repeat the mistake. At this point in your working career its relatively easy to vote with your feet. Most of us have had to do just that at one point or another. Plan ahead though - get something as good or better lined up before cutting those ties unless you don't mind being between jobs for a while.

Toystory's advice is great - just because it isn't working out for you doesn't mean that you have to burn that bridge. You can part as friends, just friends who don't get along well enough to hang out anymore. Life is a circle - treat people right because you'll cross paths with some them again and again in circumstances you can't predict.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TerryOlson For This Useful Post:
Doc Sprocket (08-03-2010), Flexibel_kampfe (08-03-2010)
Old 08-03-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toystory_4wd View Post
Freak, dude, anybody ever tell you that you got a way with words?
That's what she said?? But really, especially in a small town, be courteous and respectful. If it's total BS, part friendly, not friends.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:42 PM

Hmmm thats surprising, because I know that the DOP regulates the use of power tools. How old are you? I am 15, so that might be a limiter. I do have a knack for carpentry, so that would help I am sure.

I'm 100% legally employed at a Diesel Truck&Trailer shop currently. Ask your scum boss why your not invited and if she gives you any bull**** I wouldnt stay there too long.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr dragster Tyler View Post
Hmmm thats surprising, because I know that the DOP regulates the use of power tools. How old are you? I am 15, so that might be a limiter. I do have a knack for carpentry, so that would help I am sure.

I'm 100% legally employed at a Diesel Truck&Trailer shop currently. Ask your scum boss why your not invited and if she gives you any bull**** I wouldnt stay there too long.
Ive got another 2 weeks....I think Ill just wait it out... but I dont think I am going to return next year unless they shed this new girl.... and begin treating me with respect.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:59 PM

put in some suttle hints about what u think
Old 08-11-2010, 07:51 PM
the names 'mater

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowler View Post
put in some suttle hints about what u think
I give subtle hits some times... the ocasional Fliping of tables and kicking chairs accrost rooms gets the point accrost that your not F-ing around Why still not Getting to the point of stabing someone else..
Old 08-11-2010, 07:58 PM

try and get as much as u can from the buisness (in terms of resoures)
then dont do anything productive get fired for a reason that u can argue then it wont hurt your further employment in the town
Old 08-11-2010, 08:01 PM

Sutle hints? **** tear her a new one!
Old 08-11-2010, 09:47 PM
the names 'mater

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr dragster Tyler View Post
Sutle hints? **** tear her a new one!
I see tyler knows how to get things done quick and in a hurry!

Grab the bull by the horns then kurb stomp the Mofo
Old 08-12-2010, 09:43 AM
Buggy Almost Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakboy View Post
I see tyler knows how to get things done quick and in a hurry!

Grab the bull by the horns then kurb stomp the Mofo
Lol. Kick some @$$ ans bust some heads
Old 08-12-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfreyguy View Post
Lol. Kick some @$$ ans bust some heads
I would... but considering I just got stuck with a $200-$500 vet bill... I need the job for a little longer....
Old 08-12-2010, 12:51 PM
the names 'mater

In that case stay long enough to pay that bill off and mabey collect a little bit more... and then quit unless your boss and you resolve this
The Following User Says Thank You to freakboy For This Useful Post:
Flexibel_kampfe (08-12-2010)
Old 08-12-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakboy View Post
In that case stay long enough to pay that bill off and mabey collect a little bit more... and then quit unless your boss and you resolve this
Ha... I love this: She tells my father that I was offered to go on a cruise... lets see if she "remakes" the offer... lol
Old 08-12-2010, 02:55 PM
Good for 100,000 Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexibel_kampfe View Post
I would... but considering I just got stuck with a $200-$500 vet bill... I need the job for a little longer....

Vet bill? why do you have to pay a vet bill? wouldn't your parents cover that?

#2: For myself, how does one find work when their 15? If you cant drive and there isnt anything in walking distance
Closed Thread