Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Go Kart Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 11:13 AM

first get a hammer, a box of nails, and three wooden slabs(2 should be the same height and width, the 3rd should b smaller and thinner than the others)

1) Lay the thicker slab straight up(doesnt have to stand freely).

2) Lay the thinner slab across it so about 4 inches is of the back of the thicker slab

3) Drive the nails into the thicker slab about a centimeter apart untill u reach the width of the thinner slab

4) Repeat steps 1, 2, 3 on the other swide of the slabs

5) When finished get about something that weighs 200 pounds and put it on the the `stand` to see if it will hold, If it does load up your kart and get to work. If it doesnt hold then contact me and i shall try 2 get you better plans

Srry No Pics!!
Old 09-17-2006, 04:31 PM

Wooden karts should be illegal these days... their too dangerous for the crazy kids these days, especially without any helment.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:11 AM

I was thinking of building a wooden kart. because i didn't have any metal parts for a metal one, or a welder. How would you get the engine to stay on the wood
Old 11-11-2006, 08:07 AM

well first if you want to build a wooden kart you should have someone who knows how to work with wood to help you make sure its safe and very solid and you should have some sort of a shop at your disposal or at least a circular saw, a drill,a ratchet set,some basic measurement tools ,hammer,bolts and screws NO nails because vibrations can make nails twist out not even the twisted nails will stay in long and with a wooden kart you should never use a large engine i wouldent go over 5.0hp because of the wood twisting and splintering and as for how to mount the engine get some long bolts and some 2 by 4 wood and drill some holes in it that correspond with the holes in the engine and bolt the wood to the engine {note that you do this after you mount the 2 by 4 in the frame}
the last thing i can tell you nis that youll have to use some metal parts like the axle, bearings, sterring system and so on so it will end up costing a bit depending where you get the parts from

hope this helps
Old 11-11-2006, 07:38 PM

uhhhh guys... i dont know about you but it says how to build a wooden go kart STAND...
Old 11-12-2006, 09:29 AM

ya i know but the guy above me said that he wanted to build a wooden go kart so i added on how to build it we should probably start a new post tho
Closed Thread