Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Mini Bikes, Trikes, and Choppers

Notices

Old 10-22-2019, 10:19 AM

Default Engine wiring:HELP!!!

Iíll start it off with saying that the bike ran without problems minus the electric start (wasnít hooked up correctly I guess). The bike was in need of a good cleaning so I took it upon myself to remove the engine along with all the wires and clean and paint the chopper. I need to put it all back but I have lost my way and kind with all the wires.

My goal: I want to Hooke up all the wires that are necessary for its to run. I have a wire harness and a Cdi box with strange color wires and a 4 gear engine. Iíll eventually want the lights and electric start hooked up after I charge the battery or buy a new one

I uploaded some pictures of what I have and I believe all the wires and electronics that I need are there. Thank you guys soooo much
Attached Thumbnails
4FA9C7C4-487F-41F9-8F2C-4580CD42506D.jpg   ADD4863E-B5BC-4CAB-BDA3-4689F897F5C5.jpg  

2B5BC475-EB0F-4B2A-BAB5-7894754EC64C.jpg   149B6433-856C-4B1D-93FA-28CAAB7200A1.jpg  

Old 11-14-2019, 08:18 PM

This is a drawing I made many years ago. It may be a good reference for some preliminary troubleshooting of your wiring.

This was intended to help people install my interface cables to use a 12V, CDI engine in a stock 6V, points Z-50 or CT70 harness so please just ignore the part that says "FACTORY WIRING".

In my experience, Most 6 wire CDI modules have virtually the same colors. some of the Chinese motors do not have keyed connectors preventing you from plugging the ignition switch into the CDI or the gear indicator plug if present.

Google Chinese CDI wiring for tons of info.Take your time, don't get frustrated and Good luck
Attached Thumbnails
CDI.jpg