Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Mini Bikes, Trikes, and Choppers

Notices

Old 07-31-2019, 12:30 AM

Default Baja 200 warrior torque converter issue

So I recently was given a mini bike which I think is a baja warrior 200 but I purchased a predator 212 and torque converter. After I painted the frame I went to put the motor and tc on and the bottom inch or so of the tc hit the frame. I'm sure this isnt the first of this problem, so I was wondering if any of you guys have dealt with this and what you did to resolve it.. is it ok to just chop that little bit off or should I get spacers?

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
20190730_235525.jpg  
Old 07-31-2019, 12:54 AM

Thanked 3,462 Times in 2,823 Posts

You are going to have to post a wider angle shot than that because we cannot see the TC and engine at all, but why don't you just mount the TC in another orientation?
The Following User Says Thank You to landuse For This Useful Post:
Noah burkhardt (07-31-2019)
Old 07-31-2019, 06:55 AM

If you do not use a spacer on the engine you will need to cut a little off the bottom of that TC plate. I did that on my Warrior and everything cleared.
The Following User Says Thank You to frostyflammable For This Useful Post:
Noah burkhardt (07-31-2019)
Old 07-31-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflammable View Post
If you do not use a spacer on the engine you will need to cut a little off the bottom of that TC plate. I did that on my Warrior and everything cleared.
I think I'm just going to do that. As long as it doesnt cause any issues down the road. Thanks for the advice!

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by landuse View Post
You are going to have to post a wider angle shot than that because we cannot see the TC and engine at all, but why don't you just mount the TC in another orientation?
Sorry about the bad photo but I cant adjust the tc any because the rear pulley/ jackshaft would hit the frame or the cylinder head.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:00 PM

just make a 1in spacer to go under the engine
Old 07-31-2019, 11:19 PM
Broke

I agree with mrdeadman. get spacers so you don;t have to chop the tc. But I've never had a baja minibike so you'd have to make the decision on spacing
Old 08-01-2019, 06:48 PM

1in will do but there is room for 1.5 in
Old 09-12-2019, 08:35 PM
Erased.

I had to build up engine mounts for my 212cc and TC to get the bottom of the TC above my minibike bottom tubes, didn't want to cut the TC backplate and leave that huge gap to just bank up dirt into the cover housing. Yes, cover. Got my left pants leg sucked up into the drive sprocket of a Suzuki that had a piece of the crankcase broken off that was only meant to cover that sprocket, held my ankle pinned tight to that hot motor. Long story, but.....ends with blood poisoning from the foot shredding, podiatrist was Satan incarnate, etc. USE THE COVER OR DON'T RIDE IT! I used pieces of angle iron welded back to back to get (A) the height to clear the frame, (B) the height to have the crankcase level for the oil, (C) and the flat contact of the slanted mount to the bottom of the crankcase. NOTE: I adjust my chain by moving the rear axle instead of the motor. If you go rigid axle, don't forget the adjustment slots for the motor or whatever that requires.