Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Build Contest > Build Off Contest Build Logs

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 06-13-2019, 04:12 PM
JTSpeedDemon's Avatar
JTSpeedDemon JTSpeedDemon is offline
Currently flathead-crazed
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,296
Thanks: 186
Thanked 127 Times in 123 Posts
Default

Skulldrinker put the logo on black for me, thanks man!
He has sent it to his brother to have a custom sticker made for me, and I'm going to put it in the floorpan in a pseudo-Trans Am Screaming Chicken effect.
So, we'll see how it turns out!
Attached Thumbnails
logo_on_black.jpg  
__________________
Local Bird Engineering Nut
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 06-13-2019, 04:16 PM
JTSpeedDemon's Avatar
JTSpeedDemon JTSpeedDemon is offline
Currently flathead-crazed
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,296
Thanks: 186
Thanked 127 Times in 123 Posts
Default

Also I'm saving up for a billet connecting rod!
Once I do that I'll remove the governor, and then this thing'll go SCARY fast!
ATM though, I'm working on shortening the chain.
__________________
Local Bird Engineering Nut
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 06-13-2019, 11:08 PM
skulldrinker skulldrinker is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: 60440
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Well since you are divulging your source here it is coming off the printer. They get laminated and then cut out on the outlines. Keeping 2 for my kart.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20190613-222517_Textra.jpg  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skulldrinker For This Useful Post:
JTSpeedDemon (06-14-2019)
  #64  
Old 06-13-2019, 11:40 PM
landuse's Avatar
landuse landuse is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Posts: 16,964
Thanks: 1,933
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,699 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTSpeedDemon View Post
Also I'm saving up for a billet connecting rod!
Once I do that I'll remove the governor, and then this thing'll go SCARY fast!
ATM though, I'm working on shortening the chain.
Whats the problem that you are having shortening your chain? That is probably one of the easiest things to do
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 06-14-2019, 09:56 AM
JTSpeedDemon's Avatar
JTSpeedDemon JTSpeedDemon is offline
Currently flathead-crazed
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,296
Thanks: 186
Thanked 127 Times in 123 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by landuse View Post
Whats the problem that you are having shortening your chain? That is probably one of the easiest things to do
I'm waiting for half links.
Question: When I put in the half link, the pin is held in with a little cotter pin. Does the half link eliminate the master link? Otherwise I can't understand how it would end up being any shorter.
__________________
Local Bird Engineering Nut
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 06-15-2019, 08:28 PM
JTSpeedDemon's Avatar
JTSpeedDemon JTSpeedDemon is offline
Currently flathead-crazed
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,296
Thanks: 186
Thanked 127 Times in 123 Posts
Default It finally RUNS!!! Again....

I put in the half link today, so now the chain is the correct length, although not perfectly aligned due to the PO bending the axle the shoehorn huge tires on.
I was riding it around, when it started to sputter and subsequently died.
I thought it was an AFR problem, so I started fiddling with the mixture screws.
After fiddling it to death and just about yanking my arm off, I figured out that it must be out of gas, since it wouldn't even sputter.
So I pushed it home, filled it up, and then found it wouldn't start because the mixture screws were way out of adjustment. I also suspected I had an exhaust leak that may have been a problem, so I got the old metal gasket off that was REALLY crusty and old and just generally nasty off and replaced it with a more normal material gasket. Unfortunately the gasket was just slightly the wrong size for some reason, so it tore through a teeny bit around the bolt holes, but I don't think it affects the seal.
After fiddling with the mixture screws a lot more, and making both my arms really tired, I finally got it running!
So I took it for a spin while I had it running, but it was way too lean so it would start to die under any throttle. So after yet more fiddling, I took it for a good long spin and took it all the way up to it's governed 25 mph top speed!
I almost have enough money for a ARC enduro billet rod, so once I get that, I'll install it and remove the governor.
With current gearing, it should theoretically go ~40 mph!
Although, that is with tall gearing, and I will gear it lower, but it should still go like stink!
I won't have the next Kartssource video done until about a week or two from now, since this coming week I'm going camping at Big Bend National Park fro a week with other church members.
__________________
Local Bird Engineering Nut
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 06-17-2019, 11:56 PM
landuse's Avatar
landuse landuse is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Posts: 16,964
Thanks: 1,933
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,699 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTSpeedDemon View Post
I put in the half link today, so now the chain is the correct length, although not perfectly aligned due to the PO bending the axle the shoehorn huge tires on.
I was riding it around, when it started to sputter and subsequently died.
I thought it was an AFR problem, so I started fiddling with the mixture screws.
After fiddling it to death and just about yanking my arm off, I figured out that it must be out of gas, since it wouldn't even sputter.
So I pushed it home, filled it up, and then found it wouldn't start because the mixture screws were way out of adjustment. I also suspected I had an exhaust leak that may have been a problem, so I got the old metal gasket off that was REALLY crusty and old and just generally nasty off and replaced it with a more normal material gasket. Unfortunately the gasket was just slightly the wrong size for some reason, so it tore through a teeny bit around the bolt holes, but I don't think it affects the seal.
After fiddling with the mixture screws a lot more, and making both my arms really tired, I finally got it running!
So I took it for a spin while I had it running, but it was way too lean so it would start to die under any throttle. So after yet more fiddling, I took it for a good long spin and took it all the way up to it's governed 25 mph top speed!
I almost have enough money for a ARC enduro billet rod, so once I get that, I'll install it and remove the governor.
With current gearing, it should theoretically go ~40 mph!
Although, that is with tall gearing, and I will gear it lower, but it should still go like stink!
I won't have the next Kartssource video done until about a week or two from now, since this coming week I'm going camping at Big Bend National Park fro a week with other church members.
Awesome stuff!!!!! You must be happy to finally be riding it again. If it were me, I would bomb around on it for a while before you go messing with the engine again.As soon as you go replacing internals, the likelihood of you having problems getting it running well again go up. Enjoy it while it is running now
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:39 PM.