Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Announcements & Suggestions > Introduce Yourself!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 10:29 PM

Question mini chopper beginings

Hi my name is Kevin. I live in Alberta, Canada.
This summer I dont have to work so i have quite a bit of free time on my hands and I decided on building a mini chopper from scratch. I have all the necessary tools for it except the pipe bender. I live on a farm so its practically a gold mine for parts. I just want to build a stock frame for it but am currently stuck on what the length of each bar of the frame should be. I cant seem to figure out how to proportion the bars correctly. I could just customize an old junker motor bike but Id rather build my own from scratch.

If anyone can help me out on this matter I would greatly appreciate it.
Send me an email if youve built your own and maybe i can get a few ideas from it. furious_k@hotmail.com
Old 08-03-2007, 11:21 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,036 Times in 433 Posts

welcome to the site!

we've got lots of memebers here that have built, or are building their own mini bike projects, and i know they've got advice.

I'm going to close this thread because it's in the welcome section, but please post your general idea/general measurments and your height in the mini bike section and I'm sure I, or any of our other members can give you some custom pointers! (it's hard to say how big it should be since everyone is different!)

Again, welcome -- sounds like you're going to be making lots of good projects with a scrap pile that accessible!
Closed Thread