Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Engines & Clutches

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 07-17-2015, 12:30 AM
Half-breeder Half-breeder is offline
"Edit" button removed
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,686
Thanks: 476
Thanked 353 Times in 283 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocanegramusic View Post
So what would be the speed at a...
Bookmark this for the 'next' time you even "THINK" of the above phrase... again...
  #62  
Old 07-17-2015, 12:33 AM
bocanegramusic bocanegramusic is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

You could have messaged me privately and told me that as a warning instead putting my on blast in front of everyone on this thread. Kinda new to this whole forum thing and was just hoping for some advice and help.
But hey, thank you for the heads up and being so forceful with your position as moderator. I guess being new and unaware of rules requires others to shove them in your face for compliance.
I will do my best to follow the rules and obey the law.
  #63  
Old 07-17-2015, 12:39 AM
bocanegramusic bocanegramusic is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Talking

Why is there so much hostility here? Because all questions are stupid? I can appreciate the help, but we can work to do better in not being so condescending. I am definitely no expert and thank goodness because of I were, I might also be condescending to others that don't know a **** thing....
At least I admit I have no clue
  #64  
Old 07-17-2015, 01:31 AM
Denny Denny is offline
Canned Monster
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Mayberry, Indiana
Posts: 1,470
Thanks: 86
Thanked 672 Times in 502 Posts
Default

Dude you need to back off on the moderators. They have the thankless job of keeping us in line. At 37 posts you should have been here long enough or at least read the rules when you signed on, you can read right? I guess not because you did not even fill out you're location like they ask you to.

Denny
The Following User Says Thank You to Denny For This Useful Post:
OzFab (07-17-2015)
  #65  
Old 07-17-2015, 01:44 AM
landuse's Avatar
landuse landuse is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Posts: 17,491
Thanks: 2,213
Thanked 3,506 Times in 2,862 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-breeder View Post
Bookmark this for the 'next' time you even "THINK" of the above phrase... again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bocanegramusic View Post
You could have messaged me privately and told me that as a warning instead putting my on blast in front of everyone on this thread. Kinda new to this whole forum thing and was just hoping for some advice and help.
But hey, thank you for the heads up and being so forceful with your position as moderator. I guess being new and unaware of rules requires others to shove them in your face for compliance.
I will do my best to follow the rules and obey the law.
First of all, half breeder is not a moderator. The active mods around here are myself, Fabroman and Robertdjung (when he can).

Do not take what other people say to heart. There are no stupid questions on this forum. We were all noobs at one stage, and most of us also knew nothing when we started out. I was totally clueless . After a lot of help from people on the forum i can now strip an engine and rebuild it from the ground up.

Continue doing what you are doing, and ask the questions that you are asking. I suppose the only time people will get annoyed with noobs is if they do not listen to the advice given.

We will get you and your kart rolling if it is the last thing we do. Please do not be turned away by a few people who might rub you the wrong way. Karting is supposed to be fun
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to landuse For This Useful Post:
chancer (07-19-2015), Half-breeder (07-17-2015), Poboy kartman (07-19-2015)
  #66  
Old 07-17-2015, 01:55 AM
Half-breeder Half-breeder is offline
"Edit" button removed
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,686
Thanks: 476
Thanked 353 Times in 283 Posts
Default

Just giving you a link to the calculator... the forum is a 'publicly' view forum... so anyone reading this thread... or pretty much any other thread... and wondering the same question(s)... will also have the link to bookmark. (The reason I didnt PM you... plus I dont know you like that to be PMing you... IMO).

And there are no 'stupid' questions. Just questions that 'can' be answered on one's own, if 'searched/directed' to said answer.

Trying to visualized my attitude w/ a 1 line, 'helpful' sentence... c'mon now... excuse the French and the German but WTF, over?!... I nolonger help here often, and when/if I do... 'why' would I have an attitude...? Im not paid to give info... nor am I given anything for the info given. Im sorry I forgot to add the thumbs up icon... its kinda late now and at work... I have other places for my thumb to be at this moment.
The Following User Says Thank You to Half-breeder For This Useful Post:
Poboy kartman (07-19-2015)
  #67  
Old 07-17-2015, 01:57 AM
Half-breeder Half-breeder is offline
"Edit" button removed
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,686
Thanks: 476
Thanked 353 Times in 283 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by landuse View Post
First of all, half breeder is not even close to being a moderator.
REALLY?!... just HAD to add 'not even close' huh?!...
  #68  
Old 07-17-2015, 02:05 AM
landuse's Avatar
landuse landuse is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Posts: 17,491
Thanks: 2,213
Thanked 3,506 Times in 2,862 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-breeder View Post
REALLY?!... just HAD to add 'not even close' huh?!...
LOL. I didn't mean it to sound as bad as it does when i read it now for the second time. Sorry about that I have changed it
The Following User Says Thank You to landuse For This Useful Post:
Half-breeder (07-17-2015)
  #69  
Old 07-17-2015, 02:16 AM
bocanegramusic bocanegramusic is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Cool

I appreciate what you said about getting my daughter's kart going. It really means a lot. Thank you all for your help and support through this. I may have vented a bit much, but I assure you all, I just want this to work....I dont know how, but with all of this knowledge, I know it's possible!!!
  #70  
Old 07-17-2015, 02:19 AM
bocanegramusic bocanegramusic is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
Dude you need to back off on the moderators. They have the thankless job of keeping us in line. At 37 posts you should have been here long enough or at least read the rules when you signed on, you can read right? I guess not because you did not even fill out you're location like they ask you to.

Denny
And see...my point on certain people. Do not put words in my mouth Danny. I never said anything about no appreciating what they do. Do not misconstrue what I had to say.
And also, it's over. No harm, no foul.
  #71  
Old 07-17-2015, 02:23 AM
bocanegramusic bocanegramusic is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-breeder View Post
Just giving you a link to the calculator... the forum is a 'publicly' view forum... so anyone reading this thread... or pretty much any other thread... and wondering the same question(s)... will also have the link to bookmark. (The reason I didnt PM you... plus I dont know you like that to be PMing you... IMO).

And there are no 'stupid' questions. Just questions that 'can' be answered on one's own, if 'searched/directed' to said answer.

Trying to visualized my attitude w/ a 1 line, 'helpful' sentence... c'mon now... excuse the French and the German but WTF, over?!... I nolonger help here often, and when/if I do... 'why' would I have an attitude...? Im not paid to give info... nor am I given anything for the info given. Im sorry I forgot to add the thumbs up icon... its kinda late now and at work... I have other places for my thumb to be at this moment.

If give you a hug if I could. Just because I appreciate you and you help. Just sayin
  #72  
Old 07-17-2015, 02:33 AM
Half-breeder Half-breeder is offline
"Edit" button removed
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,686
Thanks: 476
Thanked 353 Times in 283 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocanegramusic View Post
If give you a hug if I could. Just because I appreciate you and you help. Just sayin
No need unless you got ( . )( . )'s... then PM me... hehe.

Sorry bout my reply there... I mentally/visually iggy/over-look afew ppl on here... didnt realize you werent even talking to me... sorry.

I woulda edited but not EVERYONE has an 'edit' buttom.... (Pulls his thumb outta his ....) It takes a 'special' to get it removed
  #73  
Old 07-17-2015, 02:43 AM
Half-breeder Half-breeder is offline
"Edit" button removed
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,686
Thanks: 476
Thanked 353 Times in 283 Posts
Default

... but HONESTLY (normally I dont care cause I dont read EVERY post) for folks like me... it 'is' easier on us, if you use YOUR edit button... and for some unbelievable reason you 'may' wanna fill out your profile (atleast you 'general' location)... just because there are a few that wont 'like' you if you dont... and their not even moderators... BUT they 'may' have a good bit of info to give ya... so humor em till you know more than me... I 2yrs ago I was in your shoes... just not w/ such a complex drive system.
  #74  
Old 07-17-2015, 08:23 AM
bocanegramusic bocanegramusic is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Talking

Haha, thanks brotha. I do appreciate that. I will use my edit button! And of course I will fill out the ol profile just so I can get that extra help.
I have no clue why the person did this, but I hope I/we can figure it out!
  #75  
Old 07-17-2015, 11:52 PM
OzFab's Avatar
OzFab OzFab is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Warwick Qld, Australia
Posts: 15,619
Thanks: 1,135
Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,676 Posts
Default

I think there's a bit of confusion here, post #62 was directed at me, not h/b...

bocanegramusic, the forum rules are in the intro section; as Denny pointed out, if you'd read them, you would've known about multi posting.

I find it interesting that the very next post after "attacking" me (post #63) was yours, meaning, you're still multi posting...

For future reference, to avoid confusion, use the Quote button
__________________
2013 Build-off Winner - http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21076
  #76  
Old 07-18-2015, 05:14 AM
Poboy kartman Poboy kartman is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: White Settlement Texas
Posts: 12,463
Thanks: 3,769
Thanked 2,954 Times in 2,300 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocanegramusic View Post
Why is there so much hostility here? Because all questions are stupid? I can appreciate the help, but we can work to do better in not being so condescending. I am definitely no expert and thank goodness because of I were, I might also be condescending to others that don't know a **** thing....
At least I admit I have no clue
Dude....Count your blessings....You have no idea how many bullets you have dodged.
  #77  
Old 07-19-2015, 11:10 AM
bocanegramusic bocanegramusic is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabroman View Post
I think there's a bit of confusion here, post #62 was directed at me, not h/b...

bocanegramusic, the forum rules are in the intro section; as Denny pointed out, if you'd read them, you would've known about multi posting.

I find it interesting that the very next post after "attacking" me (post #63) was yours, meaning, you're still multi posting...

For future reference, to avoid confusion, use the Quote button


Well mr fabroman, I appreciate you coming back to have some more input. Attacking? I assure you, Attacking is a bit much for what I had to say. More along the lines of, letting you know how it should be. Have a little more courtesy. Have a little more respect. And above all, be a human being. No one is perfect and I'm certain everyone has not read all the rules, nor have they studied them to interpet grey zones. So do me a favor and back off a bit. There are plenty of people in here that told me what to do and for you to come back and start your say, tells me you are selecting me as a target for your frustations. I do appreciate your moderator skills as they are fine tuned to the small things. Thank you for being persistent and putting your best foot forward here. You are the best.
Oh, I never said you were a mean and ugly person, I just said, "hey, could have messaged me to point some issues out. No need to blast me in front of everyone. We are all adults here. So treat others as such."

What's the first rule on there? Be respectful. So show some and I will show you some. It is a two way street.

Double posting CAN BE considered rude. Doesn't mean it always is TAKIN that way.

Last edited by bocanegramusic; 07-19-2015 at 11:17 AM. Reason: reading rules
  #78  
Old 07-19-2015, 11:12 AM
bocanegramusic bocanegramusic is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Why am I here if all I can do is get info on rules....I thought I was here to get help on my kart....thank you those who have helped me.
  #79  
Old 07-19-2015, 11:25 AM
bocanegramusic bocanegramusic is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poboy kartman View Post
Dude....Count your blessings....You have no idea how many bullets you have dodged.
"Dude" you don't think I know I am fighting a losing battle? I get that people have been on here for years....and here I am a new individual, asking others to change their ways. Which wouldn't necessarily be bad thing.... In hopes that we can do a better job interacting with one another and getting good info on kart building. But alas....I see your point.
  #80  
Old 07-19-2015, 11:43 AM
itsid's Avatar
itsid itsid is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ruhrpott [Germany]
Posts: 10,517
Thanks: 1,431
Thanked 4,423 Times in 3,326 Posts
Default

where's mckutzy when we need him??
*sheesh*

okay, I'll say it.. this time..
IBTL

'sid
__________________
Jokes about german sausage are the wurst.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:02 AM.