Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Other Stuff > More Builds

Notices

Old 11-18-2019, 06:32 AM
Aka a kenbar

Default Hood Billy Snapper Rat Mower

First off there are no hills where I live so it's gonna be hood Billy and my buddy's shop who might help out is called hood billy fabrication. Also this thing had rats living in it has two good tires and I have most parts that work with it. Just gonna rat rod the crap out of it. I have plans of using some of the empty frame space to either shorten it or move the engine back for a mid engined look. But I could use it to make the steering more go kart like. Also it has hiem joint steering instead of ball joint steering. Thanks to Jhoppe for driving an hour to trade!
Attached Thumbnails
20191117_132616.jpg   20191117_132607.jpg  

image-2019-11-17-14-59-53.jpg  
Old 11-18-2019, 07:02 AM
Here 8am-? Mon-Fri

Are you going to mod that engine, or put on a different one. Personally, if I had that engine, I'd keep it maintained but stock, and use it on my mower, instead of modifying it. The only problems those opposed briggs engines usually have is, like every single small engine ever produced, the carburetor getting clogged up.

I'd look for a briggs model 28, they're often used in mower racing. And a plus side of the model 28 is billet rods, cranks and flywheels. Of course arcracing also makes rods and flywheels for the model 42 and 46 opposed twin engines.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:16 AM
Aka a kenbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S.@SMS View Post
Are you going to mod that engine, or put on a different one. Personally, if I had that engine, I'd keep it maintained but stock, and use it on my mower, instead of modifying it. The only problems those opposed briggs engines usually have is, like every single small engine ever produced, the carburetor getting clogged up.

I'd look for a briggs model 28, they're often used in mower racing. And a plus side of the model 28 is billet rods, cranks and flywheels. Of course arcracing also makes rods and flywheels for the model 42 and 46 opposed twin engines.
probably just a better intake as in scoop and straight pipes but yes i plan on keeping this engine on here and mostly stock. also i have a briggs 20hp vtwin on my mtd
Old 11-18-2019, 09:07 PM

Oppys are nice. So I get your plans, but more details would be greatly helpful. Are you keeping the transaxle on the tractor or you switching to a live axle? Just keep in mind, if you are doing a live axle swap, I'd suggest either a 1:1 or 2:1 right angle gearbox. Doc Sprocket's Diesel Weasel is a riot of a build. It's kind of T-bucket rat rod mower, but really well done.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:19 AM
Aka a kenbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartorbust View Post
Oppys are nice. So I get your plans, but more details would be greatly helpful. Are you keeping the transaxle on the tractor or you switching to a live axle? Just keep in mind, if you are doing a live axle swap, I'd suggest either a 1:1 or 2:1 right angle gearbox. Doc Sprocket's Diesel Weasel is a riot of a build. It's kind of T-bucket rat rod mower, but really well done.
Current plans are just keep the transaxel and pulley swap basics but if this guy does indeed trade me I might get a weird looking mower with a live axel and a right angle gear box already I'll try to find some pictures but it's really weird looking. Also I take heavy inspiration from doc sprockets build that thing is insane!