Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Go Kart Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 08:52 AM
Intrepid Vortex ROK GP

Default Rain resistant kart cover

I store my kart at the track and share space with a friend of mine. When we have both karts in the locker, there isn't enough room to move around and work on either of the karts. There have been cases where it is raining out and one of us need to work on our karts, and have to push the other out to make room.

Question - does anyone use a kart cover? I'm looking for something that is rain resistant, not to battle the elements all the time, but to protect our carts from getting wet if one needs to sit outside of the garage in the rain for a bit.

What does everybody use?

I google kart cover and the Sparco cart seems to be one of the first covers that pop up, and I can get this locally (Toronto, Canada). The only concern I have with this cover site unseen, is the red or blue material over the steering wheel. It looks like canvas. Is it water repellant?

Or should I focus my efforts on something that is heavyweight polyester with a waterproof backing.

I just need something that won't blow off (like a tarp that we are using now), and will stop the cart from getting wet.

Does anyone have any feedback on the Sparco cover? I know I can get that one locally. If not, what do you recomment?

Many thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Sparco cover.jpg   SM-RWSC-2.jpg  

Old 04-21-2019, 10:34 AM

While mine is not a race cart, I have been using a heavy duty grill cover for years. Works great.
The Following User Says Thank You to bthompson224 For This Useful Post:
pearl111 (04-22-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 02:17 AM

Thanked 3,485 Times in 2,843 Posts

Why don't you just get a car cover and use that? Sure it will not fir at all, but who cares. All you are using it for is to cover your kart while it is outside for a few hours. All you do is tuck the sides in under the kart
Closed Thread