Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Other Stuff > Off Topic Forum

Notices

Old 12-05-2019, 09:27 AM
Currently flathead-crazed

I've caught a MASSIVE tailslide on this bike before. I was heading down a very sloped street(probably about 45 degrees), and I was just coasting since I couldn't pedal that fast!
The bottom of the street where it made a T into the other street came up faster than I thought, so I slammed on the Bendix brake and turned right, but I didn't see the gravel!
So before I need it, I had done a complete 45 degree drift on a bicycle!
I was incredibly lucky and probably blessed that I didn't go flying off and that there were no cars. Phew! That gravel probably saved me from getting seriously injured!
Old Yesterday, 09:23 AM
Here 8am-? Mon-Fri

Well yesterday my dad suggested that I take my backburner project that currently does not run, and haul it off to the junkyard to be scrapped. That's exactly why I make the decisions about about my projects. Because he'd have me scrap my 1984 Sears Edger. All it needs is a new air filter, a carb rebuild/new carb, and a new coil and that h30'll be purring like a kitten.
Old Yesterday, 09:43 AM
Currently flathead-crazed

That's basically the condition my 1977 Sears tiller is in. Needs some ignition system work, carb work, and a fresh spark plug and it'll be tearin' up the yard!(pun intended )
Old Yesterday, 12:24 PM

I guess that's the upside of being married, my house my rules. Long as my wife agrees with me and I abide by the set budget for projects (literally Johnny Cash the whole build), I can do them.
Old Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Aka a kenbar

i was bored yesterday so i started to frankenstein hot wheels cars lol
Old Yesterday, 01:24 PM
Here 8am-? Mon-Fri

Yes, it is his house, But I'm the one who's funding my projects. Not to mention fixing all his stuff when it breaks. He isn't the best about maintenance, though he is good about changing oil.

And I have a plan for that truck when I get it (until I get something to put that engine in). I'm going to buy a used a/t tire, and have it mounted with three tires I have out in the garage (number four had some tread peeling/separating issues. Then have the front brakes checked out (just to get them working enough). And have the oil and possibly the trans fluid changed. On second thought, it's an AOD trans, which is fords alternative spelling of POS, so I ain't wasting any money on it. And finally slap a battery in it along with some gas, and a few air fresheners, run her through the woods. It's the perfect truck for it, because it doesn't matter if I hit something (without the engine and axle it's worthless), and I don't have to worry about the finish getting scratched because there is no clear coat anywhere. Some spots don't even have paint, though the rust blends quite well with the brown color that was created by the red paint aging horribly.

And budget, when I get bored I either clean my garage, fix something in my garage, build something in my garage, or go out and ride my bike (probably the most hazardous of all my hobbies).
Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM
Aka a kenbar

I couldn't do any so I just sat there today I got to fix stuff and do a tiny bit of work on my yerfdog