Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Build Contest > Build Off Contest Build Logs

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 04:40 PM

So will you have a solid door panel on the right side and enter through the left side netting with half a panel below the netting just like a full size sprinter? Looking great as always too!
Old 11-02-2015, 06:28 PM

Real shame this didnt get done. I cant wait to see it completed. Way back in the very early 80s a whole bunch of guys that raced at the local track, scratch built little sprinter karts very similar in my home town to that to keep them occupied durring the off months...somewhere I have a sketch of what they built.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertduler View Post
So will you have a solid door panel on the right side and enter through the left side netting with half a panel below the netting just like a full size sprinter? Looking great as always too!
That's pretty much the plan.... Driver's side panel up to the roll bar/seat flap height... Passenger side runs from an angle from back panel to front fender. Going to play some more with the bead roller on the passenger panel, maybe a step down area for the race number???

Have a hood scoop for the hood.... Play around with a new stretcher/shrinker I just got from Eastwood... Probably going to start over on the scoop now that I got an idea of what I'm doing with it!

When I started this idea of making body panels for this kart, it was to learn, practice with some new equipment before starting the floors, kustom work on my car.... I'm making some progress on that...

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidewayz View Post
Real shame this didnt get done. I cant wait to see it completed. Way back in the very early 80s a whole bunch of guys that raced at the local track, scratch built little sprinter karts very similar in my home town to that to keep them occupied durring the off months...somewhere I have a sketch of what they built.
I've search around a little online, found the Larson sample... But I'm sure I wasn't the only knucklehead to build a little sprinter kart just for fun... If you find any pics, it would be cool to see.

I'll get this kart going over the winter... Been surfin the HAMB, and I got the itch to get back to my Caddy!