Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Announcements & Suggestions > Site Announcements and Suggestion Box

Notices

Old 01-26-2020, 08:52 PM

Default Odd behavior with inline images from other threads

Hi,
I have noticed some odd behavior when reading other peoples posts ever once in a while. Tonight I can see this happening on this thread ==>
http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?p=540966

BTW, I am using Tapatalk on my Android, so i could be "seeing things" because of that combination.

Here is an image of what I see when I am viewing this entry in the Go Kart Discussion thread:

The post by user Stew shows an image that was the first image I attached on a thread I created last week.

Seems odd, and this is not the first time I have noticed the behavior, but other times it was with other images in other threads, like in the buildoff thread.

Does anyone else see the same thing ?

If this is real, I would guess he somehow interacted with my thread and that somehow takes the link for the first image and inserts it in his next post (?)

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2020, 09:08 PM

The last couple years, Tapatalk was getting wonky, so I deleted it a few months back. I just use my browser on my phone to do stuff on here. Tapatalk rules are making it so, if you want to download pictures for references, you have to buy the VIP edition. It's becoming Photobucket at this point.
Old 01-26-2020, 09:20 PM

I decided to take a look on my Laptop using the Chrome browser... Will come back and update if I am still "seeing things" or not.

OK, so that seems to be a Tapatalk/Android issue.
Here is what I see where the inline image was shown on Tapatalk if I look at the same post using a Windows laptop and Chrome browser:

http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4247

(I see a URL for Stews build of the Model T go kart)

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

BTW, I like Tapatalk because I have about 6 other forums that I read and I have a couple that I post in, so for what I do, I like it... even went pro for a few bucks to drop the ads. Since I take photos with my phone, it is really easy to create posts or view posts with the same device.

I like it, except the occasional odd behavior like the bogus inline image... probably some kind of caching issue in their presentation stack.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:28 AM
2019 Build Off Winner!

Like Kartorbust said, I just use the web browser when I use the Android phone. I prefer the PC style layout that I'm familiar with. I usually just use my laptop or a desktop PC.