Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Other Stuff > More Builds

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 06:48 AM

Default Thinking of making motorized bar stool

So I have an old bar stool laying around as well as an engine I am no longer using, so I was thinking of welding my own frame and making a motorized bar stool. First of all it wouldn't be very fast, I am thinking 10 or so MPH at the most. While I have the bar stool and feel comfortable welding my own frame my questions is all the other stuff, wheels, bearings etc. I don't want a live axle as this will be a toy for around the driveway so would it be easier to find an old gokart for cheap and just cut stuff off it that I need or just buy the part off the shelf and weld them on? I checked a few websites and I am not sure what to look for really, as I wanted one of those wheels that has the sprocket and brake built in to make it easier. This will be a long project for me as I plan to take my time and have fun with the build.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 04-18-2017, 07:15 AM

Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,263 Posts

For the size and width.. Better off with a live axle.. Biggest expense will be the gokart tires/rims, them the drivetrain...