Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Go Kart Discussion

Notices

Old 03-29-2020, 01:49 AM

Default Kawasaki Ninja 250r 2008 Engine on shifter Kart

Hey everybody, I'm new to this website and I'm planning to build a shifter kart with a friend. It's our first build but we are aiming for a very intersting build as y'all already saw in the title, it's a Kawasaki Ninja 250r 2008 engine powered kart. We are all good for the frame, the welding , tube bending, making our own rear axle, even a paddle shift transmission etc. BUT since it's a bike powered engine I was asking my how tf we gonna start it? With a lawn-mower engine you pull on a rope, with a dirt bike engine you can use the rope around the wheels technique or start it with the ''foot pedal'' on the side of the engine and with a shifter go-kart engine you can push the kart, jump in it, go in first gear and give a little gas and you're good to go.

In resume, do someone know how to start a street motorcycle engine when it's on a go kart? Is it the same way as a shifter kart? Do someone already made a similar project?

The kart will be based on this frame

I'll be posting project updates and post a timelaps video if y'all are interested

Thanks for your futur answers
Attached Thumbnails
gf.jpg   fa.jpg  

Old 03-29-2020, 03:01 AM

Thanked 3,673 Times in 3,005 Posts

Welcome to the forum!

You would start the engine the same way you would if it were still on the motorbike. Have you got the wiring loom for the engine? It will have everything you need
Old 03-30-2020, 12:54 AM

In the midst of a similar 'aggressive recycling' project. I stripped the bike and kept all the parts, so have the loom etc ready to go.