Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Photo Gallery & Project Log

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 09:40 AM

go to the speed caculator on here that will tell you and the 6in one should fit on it
Old 05-15-2012, 01:09 PM

Thanked 1,162 Times in 962 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarteraz07 View Post
I was wondering though. Currently the tires are 4.10/3.50-4. Could I get new wheels and tires that are 6" that have the same 3 bolt pattern to give a little more clearance?
If you measure and post the bolt circle pattern of your rims I'll see if I can help you find some for sale online.

You'll just need to measure from the exact center of 1 bolt hole to the center of another. Post the inch-size and millimeter readings. Also post what size your rims center hole is.

To make sure your new rims fit, I'd suggest you measure everything with a Caliper and be as accurate as possible.

Also post how tall your old tires are when inflated to max-recommended air pressure.
The Following User Says Thank You to anderkart For This Useful Post:
rcarteraz07 (05-15-2012)
Old 05-15-2012, 01:20 PM

Thanked 1,162 Times in 962 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarteraz07 View Post
Trip to the go kart shop tomorrow to pick up a new chain and two inner tubes and I should he riding it tomorrow!
If your shopping at Dave's karts and cycles in Phoenix, be prepared to get way-overcharged for the lowest quality parts available, plus treated rudely to boot.

This kart shop is a much better source for funkart parts in the valley: http://www.roysgo-karts.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to anderkart For This Useful Post:
rcarteraz07 (05-15-2012)
Old 05-15-2012, 01:44 PM

Roy's is where I go lol. It's closer and they are just awesome people!
Old 05-15-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anderkart View Post
If you measure and post the bolt circle pattern of your rims I'll see if I can help you find some for sale online.

You'll just need to measure from the exact center of 1 bolt hole to the center of another. Post the inch-size and millimeter readings. Also post what size your rims center hole is.

To make sure your new rims fit, I'd suggest you measure everything with a Caliper and be as accurate as possible.

Also post how tall your old tires are when inflated to max-recommended air pressure.
I'll have to go to Harbor Freight because I do not have a caliper. Once I get the info you requested I will post it. Thank you for the help!
Old 06-24-2012, 07:29 PM

I am new to message boards and go carts. I bought the 6.5 Dune go cart on craigslist last week and the rear left wheel rim shattered. From the looks of it, it had been repaired several times with some epoxy. I have been searching the internet all weekend searching for a replacement and have come up with nothing. Does anyone know where I can buy a new Rear Left wheel rim? It's a 2 piece rim. Any help would be great, this cart is fun as hek and fast too.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:08 AM

Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestionKing View Post
I am new to message boards and go carts. I bought the 6.5 Dune go cart on craigslist last week and the rear left wheel rim shattered. From the looks of it, it had been repaired several times with some epoxy. I have been searching the internet all weekend searching for a replacement and have come up with nothing. Does anyone know where I can buy a new Rear Left wheel rim? It's a 2 piece rim. Any help would be great, this cart is fun as hek and fast too.
Start a new thread and post some pics of your kart. We will be able to help you from there.

Welcome to the forum
Closed Thread