Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Announcements & Suggestions > Introduce Yourself!

Notices

Old 11-08-2019, 11:22 PM
Something's wrong with me

Default HollowHills Introduction

Hey what's going on to all you like minded people on DIY GOKARTS. I've been a long time spectator on the site but decided to finally register and began communicating and involving myself in the community. I'm a pretty creative and able individual who spends alot of my free time utilizing my hands and mind as a means of therapeutic escape to kind of recharge after the hectic nature of everyday life. It helps clear my head as well as helps keep my motor tics at a controlable level being that I have tourettes. Anyways, I'll post a couple photos of my most recent builds and excited to dive into a few threads and share commons interests with others. Thanks for having me, y'all take care.

I plan on dedicating posts on both these projects which I will go into further detail on the build.
But just to give a quick explination, the mini bike is a Murray track 2, it's the very bike I learned how to ride on when I was 12, it's almost 20yrs old. Although it looked nothing like it does back then.
As for the kart, this kart is my first go at building a kart from the ground up. It's also my first experience doing any kind of welding, never having done it before. It's not quite finished but what you see is how she sits atm.
Attached Thumbnails
20191104_194517.jpg   20191104_194405.jpg  

20191023_002837.jpg   20191023_002556.jpg  

Old 11-09-2019, 09:26 AM
Currently flathead-crazed

Nice projects! that minibike looks fun!
I spy a non hemi Predator 212 on that kart! Looks kinda heavy, what's it weigh?
Also, how fast does it go?