Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > All Other Parts

Notices

Old 11-03-2018, 04:34 PM
Tomberlin Crossfire 150

Default Crossfire 150 rear caliper and master cylinder

I'm searching to replace both of these, this whole assembly. I've been searching around. And found a few that i think would work. but haven't bit the bullet yet, as they all look a little different but seem to mount the same.
I think i have an option for the cylinder, but the caliper is being difficult finding a replacement.

Any suggestions would be great. Links to any ebay amazon specials you've bought. Thanks!
Old 12-08-2018, 04:54 PM

Any luck? I can't get my rear caliper mounted. Was just going to get a new one but can't find a good match.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:08 PM
Tomberlin Crossfire 150

I bought this, and knew going in that the parking brake was backwards. BUT it mounted just fine and should work, but i'm having issues getting it to brake properly, no pressure from the brake at all. Haven't figured that out yet. It does mount properly though.
Ebay link:
https://goo.gl/wFuuUR
Old 12-10-2018, 02:55 PM

Nice! I think I just figured out how to mount it. There's a ring on the front of the caliper that goes over a rod on the mount. It looks like there's supposed to be a rubber nipple or something that keeps it in place. Do you happen to have a good picture of the bracket mounted? I'll get a picture up of what I'm seeing.
Old 12-18-2018, 01:41 PM
Tomberlin Crossfire 150

I'll get you a photo of how i have mine mounted. I did see your post from January. Basically I saw you had the bracket mounted correctly. The 2 holes on the caliper should line up with the 2 open holes on the bracket. looking at your photos in the other thread, it look like you're missing 2 threaded greased posts/pistons with a rubber boot over them. If i recall they either thread into the bracket holes, or the caliper threaded holes. (if you buy a new caliper like the one i liked above it will have the posts/pistons included. These are mounted in a way that the caliper will "float" around the disk brake. I'll come back with a pic tonight if i remember.

(remember the one in the link has the parking brake module basically upside down, and i'm unable to connect it. I haven't been able to find the one that had it in the right orientation yet)

EDIT: did a little more ebay searching just now. Magically looks like I found the one with the parking brake in the right orientation!!...I'm 99% positive....will confirm when i get home. If you have the original caliper, can you compare this - https://goo.gl/xn7Znr - to the original? I tossed mine already :/
Old 05-11-2019, 07:03 PM

Been a spell, new job took me away from kart tinkering. Back to figuring out this brake thing. Did you get your brakes sorted?

I figured out how the caliper mounts. Here's a shot of the rod that sits in the hole. It needs some sort of insert, rubber or otherwise.
Attached Thumbnails
brake1.jpg   brake2.jpg