Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Go Kart Discussion

Notices

Old 08-15-2019, 03:23 AM

Thanked 3,408 Times in 2,777 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vybrano View Post
Might not be best weld on this forum , but better than these 2 tack welds from the factory that were holding it originally.
That looks pretty good to me!!
Old 08-15-2019, 03:33 AM
Disc brakes'r for cowards

Thanked 1,325 Times in 1,080 Posts

Vybrano, thatís quite a restrictive muffler, but it is indeed a muffler and designed to be quiet.

Be interesting to remove the baffle (spaghetti strainer?) entirely but if you just had to have it, maybe drill bigger holes in it? The small orifice upstream of the baffle looks mad restrictive too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bansil View Post
Beats me as well. I guess Wes got edited by Landuse for being foul and cranky like always.

Anyways, I missed it.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:55 AM

Exploratitive surgery was successful, patient is expected to make full recovery within 3 - 5 hours, at least sticker on color rattle can spray says so.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20190815_164613.jpg  
The Following User Says Thank You to vybrano For This Useful Post:
landuse (08-16-2019)
Old 08-15-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vybrano View Post
Exploratitive surgery was successful, patient is expected to make full recovery within 3 - 5 hours, at least sticker on color rattle can spray says so.
Well done...I knew you could do it!

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Vybrano, thatís quite a restrictive muffler, but it is indeed a muffler and designed to be quiet.

Be interesting to remove the baffle (spaghetti strainer?) entirely but if you just had to have it, maybe drill bigger holes in it? The small orifice upstream of the baffle looks mad restrictive too.

Beats me as well. I guess Wes got edited by Landuse for being foul and cranky like always.

Anyways, I missed it.
No, I was being funny. And I said you didn't read the OP. You stated everyone didn't have the fancy tools or toys that I did to do that job. OP said he did. And he did a great job on his first muffler hack!

Personally, I would have tossed the baffle. But it ain't mine. It's his. He put it back and I'm pretty sure it ain't going nowhere!

I would have burned holes all over it!

You did miss out Hellion. One of my funnier non profane sayings. I can't use it on the open forums again Landuse will surely hit me with the banhammer. PM me if you wanna know what I said.

Once again another successful story. Just gotta talk a guy into doing something he already knows how to do but has been convinced by media programming that he shouldn't try.
vybrano (08-15-2019)