Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Go Kart Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 05:45 PM

Default Yerf-dog model 3020 parts???

I have the 3020 go kart and it drives good and everything but yesterday i was driving it for a good 1 too 2hours around my house and when i got it home i saw the front right wheel had more play in it than before because it has that steering problem like all 3020s,

So i looked and the steering bracket that goes on the spindle broke right off and i saw it was spot welded before, So i took it off and got it jb welded now but leaving it dry for one more night.

But pretty much i would've just bought a new one or a good used one too be safe, But i cant find one part for this go kart anywhere.

Is There any places that has any parts for this go kart? Mosty i like too get the spindles.

Thanks.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordesky1 View Post
I have the 3020 go kart and it drives good and everything but yesterday i was driving it for a good 1 too 2hours around my house and when i got it home i saw the front right wheel had more play in it than before because it has that steering problem like all 3020s,

So i looked and the steering bracket that goes on the spindle broke right off and i saw it was spot welded before, So i took it off and got it jb welded now but leaving it dry for one more night.

But pretty much i would've just bought a new one or a good used one too be safe, But i cant find one part for this go kart anywhere.

Is There any places that has any parts for this go kart? Mosty i like too get the spindles.

Thanks.
JB weld will not hold a steering arm. Just find a friend to weld it.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:04 PM

Hmm wish i would've knew that before i jb welded it lol I see how it goes tomorrow with the jb weld by going very slow, But will get someone too weld it the right way.

Just wish i could find the part brand new or at least used but like new..
Old 04-08-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordesky1 View Post
Hmm wish i would've knew that before i jb welded it lol I see how it goes tomorrow with the jb weld by going very slow, But will get someone too weld it the right way.

Just wish i could find the part brand new or at least used but like new..
I would not even try to drive it. JB does nothing for welds like that. Go hit it with your hand and it will break.

Thats one of yerfdogs first karts.