Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Other Stuff > Off Topic Forum

Notices

Old 07-12-2019, 10:37 AM

Just pull up on that red strap and that is the disconnect on the 300 and the Charger. On the Ram 1500, it's on the driver side near the parking brake pedal and that just pulls one side. To release it, just pop the pin with a pocket screw driver.

Hope this helps.
Functional Artist (07-12-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartorbust View Post
Just pull up on that red strap and that is the disconnect on the 300 and the Charger. On the Ram 1500, it's on the driver side near the parking brake pedal and that just pulls one side. To release it, just pop the pin with a pocket screw driver.

Hope this helps.
Yup, sure does

Does that red strap need to be held, in the release position? (like on older models)

How about some pics of the pick up truck disconnect (if you can)
& specifically point out "the pin" & what need to be "popped"

...or maybe even the disconnect on other vehicles like the Caravans etc.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:18 PM

So that red handle does need to be pulled when you release the pin to put it back into place for parking. Obviously when that mechanism is locked up, the vehicle will roll, if the parking brake is not engaged or the tires are blocked, I believe it disengages the parking powl pin on the transmission.

Unfortunately right now I am a bit swamped so I cannot get more pictures for vehicles at work for it. But I'll do my best to get some when I have the opportunity. If I find pictures else where that helps out I'll post on here, probably on this post or the previous as an edit for future references.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Van style Pacifica disconnect. Need a small tool to pop it open. Just pull to lock it and pull again to unlock it.
Functional Artist (07-12-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 08:22 PM

Well spent most of my day driving between Lincoln and Omaha. Went up to one of our sister dealerships to see if a vehicle my wife wanted was up there. Well it was, after I was told they didn't have it. So went home and then went to my dealership, talked with the sales manager about it. He called up to the omaha store and talked to their general sales manager and got the ball rolling. So I had to drive up to Omaha with our lot porter on my day off to drop pick up a Pathfinder at one store, dropped off a Prius at another store, then went to the next store to pick up our new Mountaineer.

So now we have a 2010 Mercury Mountaineer 4.0 SOHC V6 AWD. Was a huge pain to get it. 3 weeks of back and forth with sales and we almost gave up on getting it.
landuse (07-14-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 11:45 PM

Thanked 3,366 Times in 2,739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartorbust View Post
Well spent most of my day driving between Lincoln and Omaha. Went up to one of our sister dealerships to see if a vehicle my wife wanted was up there. Well it was, after I was told they didn't have it. So went home and then went to my dealership, talked with the sales manager about it. He called up to the omaha store and talked to their general sales manager and got the ball rolling. So I had to drive up to Omaha with our lot porter on my day off to drop pick up a Pathfinder at one store, dropped off a Prius at another store, then went to the next store to pick up our new Mountaineer.

So now we have a 2010 Mercury Mountaineer 4.0 SOHC V6 AWD. Was a huge pain to get it. 3 weeks of back and forth with sales and we almost gave up on getting it.
Congrats on the new car!
The Following User Says Thank You to landuse For This Useful Post:
Kartorbust (Yesterday)