Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 12:12 PM
G'me sumthin to write on

Don't know how helpful this is, but can't hurt:

https://www.jackssmallengines.com/ja...ertical/ecv110

Seems like a vertical shaft engine.
Old 09-04-2018, 01:00 PM

Thanks again. I was there and saw that all the diagrams were for verticle engines, and I don't know if they have the same carbs as a horizontal or not.

I don't remember ever having problems finding parts for Briggs engines. Is it just me?

***carburetor ordered - we'll see how this goes***
Old 10-07-2018, 02:53 PM

After many delays... here's an update on my mini bike and it's Tecumseh ECV-110 4hp engine.

The frame, wheels, tires, throttle grip and cable etc. were ready over a month ago... finishing the engine has been the delay. After buying a new carb and running a new fuel line setup, the engine started right up once the fuel reached the spark plug. It was running rather nice, but it was smoking. I let it run for a good 5 minutes to see if the oil would burn off and clear up. Nah, it kept smoking... revved up nice though.

I decided I'd replace the piston rings, something I've never done before. I bought an NOS set on ebay, Part No, 33573. OK, so I pulled the piston, then went looking on youtube for a video to follow. Didn't find anything on my particular engine, but I did learn a few things that I need to pay attention to.

My problem is: I can see the ends of the rings that are still on the piston, but they don't look quite like my new set of rings. There aren't any instruction for their proper order, so I'd be left to guess, then hope and pray.

Can anyone here give me any advice on how to proceed, or at least steer me in the right direction? I'd appreciate any help I can get, and thanks in advance.
Closed Thread