Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Go Kart Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 12:53 AM

Default Aussie Sites/Stores For Go Kart Parts

Hey guys, I realise that there is a stick on this topic but having looked through the thread there is little on Australian websites for go kart parts. I'm hoping that maybe this thread will generate some interest for the rest of you Aussies that are having trouble finding parts (like I am) and to those of you who know of some good sites/stores.

I'm in the middle of a project and its my first time building a kart and its hard finding anything online that isn't going to cost much more than it should simply because of shipping! So if you have some info on parts down under It would be a great help to me and other Aussies.

I have know of this site (posted in the sticky thread by fowler) Its more for serious off road karts though! but I'll put it here to kick things off

http://www.edge.au.com/

also, for bearings and a few other things I know of this site.
http://www.minibearings.com.au/

Thanks guys,

Shane
Old 09-14-2010, 12:55 AM

to be honest mate thats about the limit.
the best bet for cheap parts is an agricutural supplyer
hopefully u live in rural NSW -
Old 09-14-2010, 01:10 AM

Aww lol how disappointing... Yeah I live in a semi rural suburb. I should go check out the nearest supplier. Uni break is comming up, I'll go and scout out some places and suss out the prices see where is cheapest.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:14 AM

i reckon the only part u cant find in a shop is the keyed hubs, there is plenty of shaft of any size but i cant think of a hub.
can i reckomond u use splined hubs from a quad because u will find them everywhere.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:36 AM

We dont really have many kart shops around australia and not any cheap ones. If you want parts then dont go to a kart shop.

Try using car parts or bike parts as they are cheaper. You can get car brakes and rotors or motorbike ones for absolutely nothing. Where as kart ones are half as good and 5 times the price.

Also go to your local tip (junk yard) and have a look. Sometimes they have scrapped dirt bikes and scooters or whatever where you can get brake setups and all that.

I use tyres from ride on lawnmowers. My local mower shop gave them to me for free. I got my axle machined but the net is probs better for that.

Sprockets, hubs ect can be bought off ebay for cheap. However i went to my local kart shop and got one for about 55 bucks for the hub and sprocket.

Get chain at ur local bearing/ transmission shop. It should be about 3 bucks a metre or so. Sometimes you can only buy it in 3-6 feet lengths. I use it so much that i got a 20m roll of it and got 5 master links. Never have to buy chain again.