Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Announcements & Suggestions > Introduce Yourself!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 06:08 PM

Default A couple projects from Northern VA

I wanted to say Hello and share some of my projects.

First is my home made lawn donkey build that started with a Wheel Horse hood and the wood chipper in the shed when I bought the place. Honestly, aside from a simple 1X2 frame, that is still pretty much what I have today; its really slow going but the motor now has a charging stator, electric starter, new valves, rings and an ARC Billet Rod to keep it from exploding the way that Tecumsehs tend to do for me.

This next project is kind of in a holding position until I figure out what I want to do with it, its too small for me but too big for my 5 yr old boys. It is a Sears Roebuck, possibly made by Manco.
Someone once put red metal flake lacquer over the original blue metal flake paint, they clearly took it apart to paint it, but failed to prep it first. Shame they didn't go a bit further and do it right.

It had a modernish OHV Briggs and wheels on it but the motor needs work and the tires were totally dryrotted so I picked up some new tires and a Manco seat which fits it well. there are a few more pics in my gallery. If anyone knows more about this old kart, please let me know.

Cheers and Happy New Year,
John
The Following User Says Thank You to LawnCrawler For This Useful Post:
ezcome-ezgo (01-02-2018)
Old 01-02-2018, 09:49 AM
G'me sumthin to write on

The only thing about that frame that I know for certain is that I want it.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezcome-ezgo View Post
The only thing about that frame that I know for certain is that I want it.
I feel like its too cool as it sits to be a good candidate for stretching and reinforcing to suit a fat old man like me. I am 6'1 / 220# so I doubt it'll ever work for me; but I have a 3.5 hp Tecumseh I think I'm going to put on it along with a new brake band so my twin boys can buzz around in it in a year or two.

Maybe when they're a little older we can restore it together.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:48 PM

Default nice frame

This my frame. I think it is a Sears Manco possibly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnCrawler View Post
I wanted to say Hello and share some of my projects.

First is my home made lawn donkey build that started with a Wheel Horse hood and the wood chipper in the shed when I bought the place. Honestly, aside from a simple 1X2 frame, that is still pretty much what I have today; its really slow going but the motor now has a charging stator, electric starter, new valves, rings and an ARC Billet Rod to keep it from exploding the way that Tecumsehs tend to do for me.

This next project is kind of in a holding position until I figure out what I want to do with it, its too small for me but too big for my 5 yr old boys. It is a Sears Roebuck, possibly made by Manco.
Someone once put red metal flake lacquer over the original blue metal flake paint, they clearly took it apart to paint it, but failed to prep it first. Shame they didn't go a bit further and do it right.

It had a modernish OHV Briggs and wheels on it but the motor needs work and the tires were totally dryrotted so I picked up some new tires and a Manco seat which fits it well. there are a few more pics in my gallery. If anyone knows more about this old kart, please let me know.

Cheers and Happy New Year,
John
Attached Thumbnails
GOKARToctober172.JPG  
Old 01-08-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokartdaddy View Post
This my frame. I think it is a Sears Manco possibly
That may be a Rupp. it has a full floor board, leading edge steering and a narrow wheel hoop. Probably 10 years older than mine and far more collectible.
Closed Thread