Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Other Stuff > Off Topic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 02:44 PM
American Minibikes @ FB

Default Are You Serious?

I have been waiting on some tubing so I can finish welding my frame I am stretching on my Trike.

I have been tracking the package with UPS for a week now, coming from Michigan. The[package came to the UPS 5 miles away from me Saturday. I figured Monday I would get it; nope. Tuesday (today) ?
Nope!
They dropped it off at the Post office 1/2 mile away from me this a.m. and they won't let me get it because it needs sorted. They said tomorrow it should be here. I work the next few days
Old 02-17-2015, 02:47 PM

You couldnt find it at a local place?

Sucks you have to wait man, nothing worse than waiting.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:20 PM
American Minibikes @ FB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx3d View Post
You couldnt find it at a local place?

Sucks you have to wait man, nothing worse than waiting.
No these China made minibikes use 7/8" OD tubing.

I needed to order 11/16" OD to use as plugs. and couldn't find it local. Waiting does suck! Especially when I could drive and get it.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:26 PM

Not sure how it is to WV, but I'm in DE and when I order from McMaster-Carr by ~5p from the Jersey warehouse it's always here next day by UPS standard.

Just had to order some E-clips from them today actually... finally got in some bearings to rebuild an RC motor, and as I'm putting the circlip back on it shoots across the room, presumably gone forever.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SlickNick View Post
No these China made minibikes use 7/8" OD tubing.

I needed to order 11/16" OD to use as plugs. and couldn't find it local. Waiting does suck! Especially when I could drive and get it.
Yea.. thats what i figured.. had to ask though buddy

At least your not wrestling a compression hub off a 1" axle.. swear this thing is tough as ballz..
Old 02-17-2015, 04:18 PM
American Minibikes @ FB

Ya normally a two day event. That is why I am impatient.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:29 PM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,676 Posts

We sometimes have similar problems here. My brothers wife works in management at a local major sorting centre; a fe months ago, my brother was awaiting a package; knowing it was on the premises, his wife spoke to the floor manager to ask about the package & to find out if she could take it home with her;

"NO" was the reply.

"Why? It's sitting right there; why can't I sign for it & take it home?"

"Because it has a delivery address which it has to reach & this is not it"

Sorry to hijack, Nick but, I had a similar situation recently which, ironically, had nothing to do with shipping, that only took a day & a half... AFTER I sorted all the BS...

The handles on my front fly screen door had seen better days so I set about finding a replacement unit; they only come as a complete unit, handles & lock mech; we had the back door unit replaced around 2 years ago, which cost around $150 & I wasn't willing to pay another locksmith to do a 5 minute job, especially when I found out I can buy the unit for $35...

I found a suitable unit from a reputable local ebay seller & made the purchase on the 29th of January. While attempting to pay for the item, something went awry so, I paid for the item via bank deposit & included payment for express delivery as I was going away on the 4th of Feb; I then sent them an email explaining the situation & supplied all the relevant details needed to complete the transaction; the 4th came but, the lock didn't...

When I returned a week later, I had received a penalty on ebay for an unpaid item I sorted that with ebay CS, then I went for the seller. I received very little response from the seller via ebay so, I rang the company direct; the guy on the phone tried to pass the buck until I explained the situation, at which point he said "leave it with me, I'll get back to you..."

Later that day he called me back saying they also had a problem at their end & the sale hadn't registered at their end (so, how did it generate a non payment dispute?) but, it was now sorted & dispatched; it arrived the next work day (Monday)...

So, two weeks of waiting, an ebay infraction, a lot of anger, frustration, yelling & unnecessary phone calls all because some idiot didn't read an email...

...& I wasn't compensated in any way...
Old 02-19-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabroman View Post
"Because it has a delivery address which it has to reach & this is not it"
That's actually a common scam people run. The contractual obligation of the carrier is to deliver it to the listed address... so someone can collect it from the courier directly then claim on insurance that it was never delivered (because in a literal sense it wasn't).

Also on ebay... always pay through ebay's system. I think it's actually against the TOS to not. Paypal is best since they can remove the money from the seller's account to give back to you if need be.
The Following User Says Thank You to Badot For This Useful Post:
machinist@large (02-20-2015)
Closed Thread