Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Mini Bikes, Trikes, and Choppers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
I decided last night that the low speed circuit was too rich. Carbon on the plug. Bleh. So I found a #25 pilot to replace the #30 pilot. OMG I did a wheelie when I pinned the throttle! New life!!!! I'm wonding if I could use even a smaller jet. I couldn't ride it much as the floats need adjusting again...I hate floats... Tonight I will try again.
Edit/Delete Message
Your still on the rich side. My 22 mikuni came with a 15 pilot and even that is too rich. I have gone down to a 12.5 pilot. I bet your having fun adjusting that float height. I know what your going threw, I've had the bowl off my carb about 15 times just setting everything all up for my clone. Also check the needle and seat size. If its a 1.5-2 its suitable for gas gravity feed. If its a 2.5-3+ then its designed for a fuel pump.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:19 PM
Master JB Welder

Okay. I've decided that I need a live axle on the rear to mount a disc brake onto. This thing just does not slow down at all with the drum brake!

I've also decided to put on some wider foot pegs. After I get that done I have a new gastank to attach. It is a pill type Jacobsen 2 stroke tank. Will look much better than what is on it now.

Images updated! There is now pictures! Come help me on this thread. http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthr...0608#post90608

I'll be posting some more pictures of my rebuild. I'm thinking Lime Green colour this time.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:16 PM

I have not seen those wheels up close. Judging from your pictures it looks like each side has a flat center section that a disk would mount to.

What does the existing sprocket & drum brake assembly mount to?

Have you considered mounting a disk brake on the front & keeping the drum in the back? I don't see the bike slowing down any faster with a disk in the back vs. a drum. If you really want to stop on a dime, you will need a front brake.

Depending upon the size of your sprocket & how true the sides are. You may be able to use that as a disk. You will need to select a caliper that will accommodate the sprockets width, plus deep enough to clear the teeth. Then fabricate some steel plate into a sturdy caliper bracket & have a professional weld it to a frame tube. Check out the old Cheeftah Minibikes.

Trying to rig up a live axle in the back is really taking the long way around the barn. ut:
Old 04-21-2010, 11:23 PM
Master JB Welder

Well I'm half way around the barn now! I also wanted to do some structural modifications to the bike itself. So I am going to repaint it Kawasaki green. I think I will paint the gas tank orange though.

I had to shim the drum/sprocket over with nuts, it threw the sprocket off true a little. I just wasn't please with the drum to begin with. So now I will have separate brakes and sprocket.

Here is some progress pictures.

The pipe I ordered to make the inserts

They fit into each other snugly!

One pipe custom fitted. Waiting for axle to fit the next pipe in.

Also I bought a solid billet 7" x 2" x 7.5" block of 6061 Aluminum for the engine booster plate. Pretty heavy for aluminum.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:13 AM

Wow this is a gorgeous bike. Makes me want to pull out my Rupp and go to town on her.
Closed Thread