Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Mini Bikes, Trikes, and Choppers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 08:51 AM
redneck engineer

so heres an update, got a welder and had my motor mount welded up, got my performance parts from affordable go karts and got them all on, my linkage limits my throttle so i cant run wide open ( good for letting my little brother on it ) and everything seems to be working fine, i need to build an exhaust and get everything sorted out because the bike is shaking badly from the motor, ill have to go over my motor mount bolts tho. All in all from where ive had it the upgrades turned the motor into a power house, ill have pics and maybe a video up later.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:26 PM
redneck engineer

Default the baja, it was her time

so this morning on a ride oriented event by some of moms friends i got a nice 200 acres to ride on, all flat, i took the baja out there and she was going good, when she just stopped, right there just died and wouldnt start back up. sat there for 2 hours and couldnt figure the problem and got mad, i contacted the seller ( still in my gmail adress book ) and talked to him, the baja is from 2008 and how it was abused had taken it way past her time. i just bought a predator today and shes going in tommorow after school. i heard thesse motors have a better torque curve and all and bought one on sale , 99.99 and just spent 2 hours dismantling and installing. i installed my better air filter, 90 jet, im leaving the governor in, and just all the small stuff, gonna use the stock throttle linkage from the baja but use it on the new plate in a diffrent manner. its time for a new motor and this is about to be it, and the knocking i heard from the con rod was because the main bearing was blown out, but no more of that. thanks to grandma for letting me use her kitchen table for all this, heres some pics to keep you waiting btw: thesse are rated at 7hp instead of 6.5
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG0006.jpg   IMAG0007.jpg  

IMAG0008.jpg  
Old 03-16-2012, 01:28 AM

Thanked 3,527 Times in 2,880 Posts

Nice. You should have some decent power there. Will it just bolt right on, or is there some fabrication work to be done
Old 03-16-2012, 02:52 AM

You got a cool Grandma.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:00 AM
redneck engineer

Landuse : it should bolt right in and so should my torque converter but i want to put my charging coil in. And bighead : she's amazing, I Love her
Old 03-16-2012, 09:46 PM
redneck engineer

so i got a little bit done today, i took her out and mounted her to the bike, got my charging coil and wiring set up, and set up my throttle. first of all to anyone with one of thesse, the cable clamps work by putting the cable next to the screw, not under it. i had to have it explained to me ( i dont catch on that fast ) and to anyone changing a charging coil to a predator, all you need is the coil, the flywheel, and the fan for it. stock fan will not fit baja flywheel, but everything else will. Tommorow i have to put a stronger return spring on the throttle, check over and make sure all bolts are tight and everything is set up correctly and put in gas and oil. i will take some pictures tommorow, a video of the first start up and ride, and ill report back on how she is against the old clone.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:26 PM
redneck engineer

put it together this morning and it didnt want to run right, went back and got a new one and much better. while enjoying minibikes with my neighbor we got pulled over, i thought i was about to loose my bike but the cop was real cool and said if he seen them again in the street hed have to take them, but to go down the street twice more and then put them up. cool level headed cop, hes doing his job, but hes not being a **** about it
Old 02-02-2013, 11:03 PM

Hey guys I saw the first engine you had on the mini bike was a homelite 196cc nd all the lights were hooked up properly. I just got a go kart with one and was wondering to hook up lights to it or could I put key start?? Help please
Old 02-03-2013, 09:29 AM

Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,676 Posts

First off, welcome to the forum.

Second, we're not big fans of bumping threads which have been dormant for almost a year but, I see your point...

Having said that: to answer your question, if your engine has key start, you're in good shape. If not, seriously, it's easier to go out & get one that does. Sure, it can be done, there are even kits available but, with the time, money & effort involved, you have to weigh up the options. Of course, once you have a key start, the hard work is done
Old 06-25-2013, 11:47 AM

I installed a GTC Torque Converter on my Baja, what a difference. It went from 15mph to 35mph and a lot more climbing power. Make sure you can put a bolt into the end of your crankshaft. Some Baja engines do not have a drilled crank. See it here
http://gokartsusa.com/Baja-Heat-MB20...Converter.aspx
Old 06-26-2013, 01:40 AM

Thanked 3,527 Times in 2,880 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose3214 View Post
I installed a GTC Torque Converter on my Baja, what a difference. It went from 15mph to 35mph and a lot more climbing power. Make sure you can put a bolt into the end of your crankshaft. Some Baja engines do not have a drilled crank. See it here
http://gokartsusa.com/Baja-Heat-MB20...Converter.aspx
Moose3214 - are you some sort of rep for GTC. EVERY post you have ever made from 2011 to now (5 posts), you are promoting GTC. Moderators might start to think that you are a spammer......
Closed Thread