Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Build Contest > Build Off Contest Build Logs

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2014, 06:08 PM

Default 2014 - Un-Mellow Yellow

I've decided to go in again for this year. So will be rebuilding this clapped out Tas mini bike I bought for $25 (then sold the front wheel for $50) The frame itself is OK, front forks are bent backwards and will need to be replaced, if I can salvage the spring set up I will otherwise it will be rigid. Power plant is a 49cc 2-Stroke that was in my son's go kart before it went electric. I am hopefully going to be using little 4" wheels from the front of a wrecked Kid's mini quad bike, I previously sold to a guy at work.

I don't have much time and no budget, but I am $25 ahead so far, I'm going to post my spending as I go. The reason for the lack of free time and money is that I have to get a 1969 Morris Mini Van done as a priority (and I swore I wouldn't take on an projects until it's done) Once the Mini is done I can sell my thirsty SUV and buy an old diesel 4wd and a diesel generator, I have access to enough waste Jet A1 turbine fuel to keep me running for a very long time. Also threw in a photo of last years build off (not complete by Sep ) which goes great, but is very heavy on the steering, I couldn't hold a pen for 3 days after the last bash in it

Cheers Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2682.jpg (100.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2685.jpg (93.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2687.jpg (98.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2683.jpg (94.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2684.jpg (107.6 KB, 30 views)