Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Announcements & Suggestions > Introduce Yourself!

Notices

Old 06-11-2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTSpeedDemon View Post
The way to attach the throttle cable to the pedal, is you need a short nut and bolt, and loop the cable around the bolt, and then tighten and smoosh it down.
The pedal connection yeah but it's the engine side that has me worried. In the post above i have in the picture what i am looking at .
I would think i need to solve how it gets connected before i buy a cable. To make sure i get the right cable . I see so many different ends on cables im a little frustrated.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

I think i need to hire a rocket scientist to get it going.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:20 PM
Currently flathead-crazed

On mine it's just simple wire on the engine end with a screw to crimp it to a mechanism on the throttle plate.
So really you can get any throttle cable you want of the right length and cut off the end.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:52 PM
Disc brakes'r for cowards

Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,140 Posts

We can help you, skulldrinker (beware the warrior that drinks from his enemie's skulls )

We've all been there, a new (used) kart and having to source and identify all the parts needed to fix what 'Bubba' did wrong. And you basically have to have the right terminology for those parts.

Those throttle clevis pins are on the various kart racing sites, probably, but I like ebay. Yikes. That's kinda expensive for just one. See if you can find a 3-pack or something...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Throttle-Cl...-/201189961324

Everyone says "use bicycle cable, use bicycle cable" for throttle and brake cables but I went for a bona-fide, beefy OEM style on my two Manco go karts. It has a cast on (swaged?) loop end:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ENHANCED-71...T/291838157919 ...I bought that very one. Good seller.

I think they have shorter and longer ones (on ebay), but I love the threaded end which allows you to fine tune the throttle just as well as taking up slack does.
Panhead5496 (06-12-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
We can help you, skulldrinker (beware the warrior that drinks from his enemie's skulls )

We've all been there, a new (used) kart and having to source and identify all the parts needed to fix what 'Bubba' did wrong. And you basically have to have the right terminology for those parts.

Those throttle clevis pins are on the various kart racing sites, probably, but I like ebay. Yikes. That's kinda expensive for just one. See if you can find a 3-pack or something...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Throttle-Cl...-/201189961324

Everyone says "use bicycle cable, use bicycle cable" for throttle and brake cables but I went for a bona-fide, beefy OEM style on my two Manco go karts. It has a cast on (swaged?) loop end:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ENHANCED-71...T/291838157919 ...I bought that very one. Good seller.

I think they have shorter and longer ones (on ebay), but I love the threaded end which allows you to fine tune the throttle just as well as taking up slack does.

Thanks for the links. I will prob order those.

PS here's my logo and tattoo. I tried to upload for profile picture like I have on all other forums but the upload failed. Maybe Im still to new here.
Attached Thumbnails
skull mug.jpg  
Old 06-11-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skulldrinker View Post
PS here's my logo and tattoo. I tried to upload for profile picture like I have on all other forums but the upload failed. Maybe Im still to new here.
Nah, there's a size limit on the avatar pic--it has to be pretty small if memory serves. Not hard to do with the resize option in a photo editor program.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:45 PM

I'd have the mods move this thread to the main go kart discussion forum so it gets more visibility. No one spends much time looking at the Intro forum.

Maybe change the title to something more descriptive too. Send them a PM.

---------- Post added 06-12-2019 at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-11-2019 at 11:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTSpeedDemon View Post
The way to attach the throttle cable to the pedal, is you need a short nut and bolt, and loop the cable around the bolt, and then tighten and smoosh it down.
That would work in a pinch of course, but it's janky and might come loose at a bad time.

For something a little better, you could fasten the throttle cable at both ends by using a cable stop.

Insert the cable through the cable stop, loop it around the screw under the gas tank and run the loose end back thru the cable stop and tighten the screw. Do the same using the hole drilled in the gas pedal.