Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Other Stuff > Off Topic Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Teh SPIK

Default R.i.p Z32

i recently total'd my Z and am looking for another car.

heres a pic of my Z after its incounter with a honda pilot and chevy avalanche w/ full brush guard...

since i'm looking for a another car i've narrow down for to a couple cars (beaters)

*honda del sol
*honda civic
*acura integra
*mitsubishi mirage
*toyota corolla
Attached Thumbnails
total.JPG  
Old 07-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Not an Admínistrator

Why limit it down to only ricers?!
Old 07-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Pro Junk Collector

Who's fault?
Old 07-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Teh SPIK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raywelder View Post
becuz i'm only gettin 5k from insurance and besides the fact that they're fwd i can swap a gsr tranny into the tegra and it'll keep up with a 350z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptain Krunch View Post
Who's fault?
the chevy owners fault i got stuck with all the damage and he had not a scratch... want to beat him with my bent rim..
Old 07-14-2009, 07:01 PM
the names 'mater

Quote:
if he got in a crash do you want him driving more then a ricer?? if u want a new ricer just melt ur pepsi can down and there you go
Old 07-14-2009, 07:10 PM
Teh SPIK

hmmmmmmmmm...

seriously besides the ricer remarks, i've had an intergra and if modded correctly it can keep up with most v8's and i6 (not saying i could take on a race built supra but yea) and ricers are the owners not that car it doesnt have it's not its fault the driver has crappy taste...

but a del sol would do nicely with a b18b and a y80 tranny.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:13 PM

Why'd you have to pay expenses if it was his fault?

I honestly like a sleeper, and a nice looking Corolla would do it.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:46 PM
the names 'mater

Like what happend how did it happen?
Old 07-15-2009, 07:57 AM
The Junk Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotore View Post
the chevy owners fault i got stuck with all the damage and he had not a scratch... want to beat him with my bent rim..
Sorry you lost your Z... I've always liked them but most importantly you didn't mention any injuries so I'm glad for that.

We truck guys like brush guards and large bumpers for a reason though...

See, we understand the "law of steel". Anyway, sorry about your car....
Old 07-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Teh SPIK

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscaryu1 View Post
Why'd you have to pay expenses if it was his fault?

I honestly like a sleeper, and a nice looking Corolla would do it.
yea but part avaliabilty for a corolla is slim to none so i cant really do anything with a ae101 and a ae86 is not only hard to find but can get expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakboy View Post
Like what happend how did it happen?
i was going 55mph and the chevy was in in the other lane infront of me and a honda pilot behind me. so the chevy tries to cross over without putting on his signal and hit the brake and i didnt have time to brake so i turn and he still caught my front end and the honda pilot did the same with my rear end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frederic View Post
Sorry you lost your Z... I've always liked them but most importantly you didn't mention any injuries so I'm glad for that.

We truck guys like brush guards and large bumpers for a reason though...

See, we understand the "law of steel". Anyway, sorry about your car....
yes but i total'd my baby... i should of set his gas tank on fire...
Old 07-15-2009, 09:53 AM
the names 'mater

wow then it definitly is his fault and should have to take responsibility. and all of this could of been avoided if he would of used his turn signal.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:07 AM
The Junk Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotore View Post
yes but i total'd my baby... i should of set his gas tank on fire...
Oh, I totally understand how you feel. I've been hit numerous times by oblivious drivers and rarely does one come out ahead. I completely feel for your loss and I hope you don't think I was trying to minimize your suffering.

The truck in the above pictures has been rear-ended by newly-licensed teens at least six times in the past eight years while I was stopped for a red light.

Always the same story... smoking, yapping on the cell phone, futzing with the radio, not noticing the red light ahead or MY GIANT WHITE PICKUP TRUCK IN FRONT OF THEM.

Fortunately, large 2WD crewcabs have enough body rake that their headlights and hood always hit my rear bumper (which is the stock bumper with a chunk of 6" square I-beam welded inside).

I live in NJ where it's the "norm" to operate a motor vehicle while doing 15 other things. There is a reason why NJ has the highest insurance rates in the US. I see these idiots every day.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:37 AM
The Junk Man

Quote:
wow then it definitly is his fault and should have to take responsibility. and all of this could of been avoided if he would of used his turn signal.
I agree, however we live in a society where responsibility is not required for a given behavior. Look at our court systems and how backlogged they are. Look at corporate America and our political system. Bailouts, handouts, rewards for bad performance. The only people who are truly "accountable" are the people on the bottom of the corporate or political organization because they're blamable and expendable, even if they can't affect any change whatsoever (which is the norm).

Stolen printer? Blame the cleaning people. Stolen funds? Blame the temporary workers. Project is over-budget? Blame the consultants. And so on. This trickles down to real life.

Teacher: "Bill, did you do your homework?"
Bill: "Yes but my dog ate it".

I've been in many car accidents in my life (only one was my fault) and I've yet to hear the person who slammed into me take any kind of responsiblity. On the rare occasions where the nice police officers state whose fault it is (again, not mine), the person who hit me always screams and complains that it's not their fault.

The *one and only* time it was *my* fault I ****ed off my insurance company by admitting to fault to the police.

I was driving home from work after a grueling 37 hour shift and could barely stand no less drive a car 60 miles safely. I fell asleep with the cruise control set for "77". Someone in front of me slowed on the highway and I, probably snoring away, drove through the back of their little rustbucket with my very heavy lincoln.

While the person I hit was a complete dirtbag and grossly exhaggerated his "claim", all of which was proven to be false in a court of law, him being a dirtbag didn't change the fact that I rear-ended him while barely conscious causing this whole mess.

My attorney must have told me to "shut my mouth" at least 100 times during the week-long court case. The jury deliberated for three full days. He was awared about $10K out of the asked $1M.

Insurance companies tell you when you sign up with them when you get into an accident, say nothing if there is any chance it might be deemed your fault. They instruct you to give them as much deniability as possible.

What matters most unfortunately is not what actually happened, but how the police report reads. Most cops these days simply record what all the accident participants say, and if something is glaringly obvious they'll add their own comments.

Hopefully the pickup driver was ticketed or other witnesses stayed to add to the police report otherwise it's going to be a confusing mess down the road should it arrive in court, if it even does.

As a side note unrelated to the participants of this thread,
I believe the difference in my mind between a "man" and a "boy" is accountability, and the willingness to accept that accountability regardless of circumstances.

I don't know very many men.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Not an Admínistrator

Quote:
if he got in a crash do you want him driving more then a ricer?? if u want a new ricer just melt ur pepsi can down and there you go
Oh, I meant, Why limit it to small import cars, as there are lots of other nice quick cars around. Or a truck? Small truck, big truck, either way both will hold up better in the case of an accident, not to mention lower insurance rates.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:40 AM
I banned myself

Man, sorry for your loss. It sucks to have your stuff broken by some irresponsible person.

My gf and I recently went to a restaurant that was kind of out in the middle of nowhere. There's only a small 2 lane road that leads from where we live to there. On the way back, there was a van driving in the opposite direction from where we were going and right as we were approaching an overpass and about to pass the van, a mattress and a box spring go flying off the top of the van. My gf was driving and she could do nothing but take the hit. Damaged the passenger side door, window, and completely broke off the mirror on her practically brand new 2008 Tc. We pulled over to see if the people were going to stop and turn around. Did the van stop? Nope... just kept going. What irritates me is that there were three other cars driving behind the van that saw what happened, did any of them return with a license plate number or anything? Nope....
Old 07-15-2009, 11:48 AM
the names 'mater

my dad and my bro were on there way to canida to go hunting they were passing through new york and some crack head lady in a Cadillac rear ended them completly messed up the bumper and she just took off on a off ramp the rear bumper was completly bent downward.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Teh SPIK

Quote:
Oh, I meant, Why limit it to small import cars, as there are lots of other nice quick cars around. Or a truck? Small truck, big truck, either way both will hold up better in the case of an accident, not to mention lower insurance rates.
small toyota pick with a 13b... but yea i just like small imports they're light even tho my z weighd 3100lbs but it was fast
Quote:
oh he did
Quote:
Oh, I totally understand how you feel. I've been hit numerous times by oblivious drivers and rarely does one come out ahead. I completely feel for your loss and I hope you don't think I was trying to minimize your suffering.

The truck in the above pictures has been rear-ended by newly-licensed teens at least six times in the past eight years while I was stopped for a red light.

Always the same story... smoking, yapping on the cell phone, futzing with the radio, not noticing the red light ahead or MY GIANT WHITE PICKUP TRUCK IN FRONT OF THEM.

Fortunately, large 2WD crewcabs have enough body rake that their headlights and hood always hit my rear bumper (which is the stock bumper with a chunk of 6" square I-beam welded inside).

I live in NJ where it's the "norm" to operate a motor vehicle while doing 15 other things. There is a reason why NJ has the highest insurance rates in the US. I see these idiots every day.
yea i kno how that is i dont really text in the car or talk i just speed sometimes when no one is around. How i enjoyd my 300hp

Quote:
I agree, however we live in a society where responsibility is not required for a given behavior. Look at our court systems and how backlogged they are. Look at corporate America and our political system. Bailouts, handouts, rewards for bad performance. The only people who are truly "accountable" are the people on the bottom of the corporate or political organization because they're blamable and expendable, even if they can't affect any change whatsoever (which is the norm).

Stolen printer? Blame the cleaning people. Stolen funds? Blame the temporary workers. Project is over-budget? Blame the consultants. And so on. This trickles down to real life.

Teacher: "Bill, did you do your homework?"
Bill: "Yes but my dog ate it".

I've been in many car accidents in my life (only one was my fault) and I've yet to hear the person who slammed into me take any kind of responsiblity. On the rare occasions where the nice police officers state whose fault it is (again, not mine), the person who hit me always screams and complains that it's not their fault.

The *one and only* time it was *my* fault I ****ed off my insurance company by admitting to fault to the police.

I was driving home from work after a grueling 37 hour shift and could barely stand no less drive a car 60 miles safely. I fell asleep with the cruise control set for "77". Someone in front of me slowed on the highway and I, probably snoring away, drove through the back of their little rustbucket with my very heavy lincoln.

While the person I hit was a complete dirtbag and grossly exhaggerated his "claim", all of which was proven to be false in a court of law, him being a dirtbag didn't change the fact that I rear-ended him while barely conscious causing this whole mess.

My attorney must have told me to "shut my mouth" at least 100 times during the week-long court case. The jury deliberated for three full days. He was awared about $10K out of the asked $1M.

Insurance companies tell you when you sign up with them when you get into an accident, say nothing if there is any chance it might be deemed your fault. They instruct you to give them as much deniability as possible.

What matters most unfortunately is not what actually happened, but how the police report reads. Most cops these days simply record what all the accident participants say, and if something is glaringly obvious they'll add their own comments.

Hopefully the pickup driver was ticketed or other witnesses stayed to add to the police report otherwise it's going to be a confusing mess down the road should it arrive in court, if it even does.

As a side note unrelated to the participants of this thread,
I believe the difference in my mind between a "man" and a "boy" is accountability, and the willingness to accept that accountability regardless of circumstances.

I don't know very many men.
you should go on jay leno talking about this... Jk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibble View Post
Man, sorry for your loss. It sucks to have your stuff broken by some irresponsible person.

My gf and I recently went to a restaurant that was kind of out in the middle of nowhere. There's only a small 2 lane road that leads from where we live to there. On the way back, there was a van driving in the opposite direction from where we were going and right as we were approaching an overpass and about to pass the van, a mattress and a box spring go flying off the top of the van. My gf was driving and she could do nothing but take the hit. Damaged the passenger side door, window, and completely broke off the mirror on her practically brand new 2008 Tc. We pulled over to see if the people were going to stop and turn around. Did the van stop? Nope... just kept going. What irritates me is that there were three other cars driving behind the van that saw what happened, did any of them return with a license plate number or anything? Nope....
yea i just had this car for 3 months dude sucks
Old 07-15-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
rear bumper was completly bent downward
No wonder she took off look at all the downforce now!
Old 07-15-2009, 05:06 PM
Teh SPIK

^^^ i dont get it
Old 07-15-2009, 06:52 PM

You know like ricer downforce wings? And he said she took off. You know like a plane?
Closed Thread