Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Other Stuff > Off Topic Forum

Notices

Old 04-02-2020, 09:04 AM

Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,571 Posts

Fallout 4.... I love that game.....and all the previous 1ps
I hate 76... wont play anymore... its an online only and no single gameplay option.....got maybe an hour in it before I said screw it...

RD2 I hear is online only too... too bad...
Old 04-02-2020, 09:12 AM
2019 Build Off Winner!

Currently I play Terraria. I've got a killer world set up that I can play with my church Young Men's group during isolation, and a member of the bishopric was kind enough to get up set up with Steam, with some games, and pay for the server! On his own coin!

Problem is, I'm advancing so much faster than anyone, I think they'll have a hard time keeping up until I give them my secondhand equipment.

And Terraria is way better than Minecraft.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:07 AM

Steam is one of those things, its both bad and good.....
Really killed games stores. But I guess when half-life/2 made a bunch of money they decided to sell their platform system and people drank the koolaid......

I had no choice to conform to the new standard, its good not to go down to the store and get a new game... but I like not haveing to go out of my way to do so now...
But most games are going to an online format and that is just wrong....
Old 04-02-2020, 07:10 PM
Inmate #952016

Red dead redemption 2 is not online. It has online content but it's a stand alone game.

I had to read the box. I thought it was online only too.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:51 PM

Really....
Who would've think..
Okay thanks... I'll look into it.. might have some new fun now..
Old 04-03-2020, 01:05 PM

I got my HDMI audio splicer box... Man am I happy....er.
It pretty nice, having a good sound coming out of the speakers...
Really kicks in the whole venturing forth experience in the wasteland...

I also looked into the rdr2.. a bit expensive for me right now.. but I think I might giver a go sometime later this month...well see how it goes later on...
Old 04-03-2020, 01:47 PM

I lucked out. My wife bought me RDR2 at Wal-Mart this past Valentine's day and got it on sale for like $34 or so. Would not have wanted it if it was online only. The o ly game we ever bought that was online only, was Destiny and we got bored of it within a few months. It had a lot of potential to be great, but the lack of match making for raids (Vault of Glass, etc) killed it. She was fine with it because her old co-workers from Wal‐Mart back then got her to get the PS4 edition.

I'm kind of hoping at some point Mechwarrior 5 releases on console and not stay as an Epic Game store exclusive. Because I'm not about to spend $1000 on a gaming rig for a handful of single player games. That was the huge down side to Halo 5, lack of split screen co-op.
mckutzy (04-03-2020)
Old 04-03-2020, 03:42 PM
2019 Build Off Winner!

Destiny 2 is totally awesome, if a little hard. I've been spoiled though, because my first few times were on someone else's account, with a Titan the 1st time, and a Hunter the 2nd. Both were over 950 power!
The Hunter was epic with the Izanagi's Burden sniper rifle, and a sword in the heavy slot. Can't remember what the secondary was. I just really enjoyed running around on the moon killing random enemies and joining public events.

Too bad Destiny 2 would take up like 110% of the memory on this computer!! (over 100 GB)
And the rest of my hardware is not NEARLY up to the task!

Otherwise though, I've started fighting bosses in Terraria now, plus I have magic weapons and meteorite armor, and the likes. Very advanced stuff for the game.
Old 04-03-2020, 07:51 PM

One game I haven't played in almost a year now is Mudrunner American Wilds. It's a sequel to Spintires. Great off roading game, probably better than Test Drive Wide Open from the PS2 days. Because, Spintires/Mudrunner has mud mechanics that are second to none. Probably the most realistic mud in any game. Snow Runner comes out later this year, but it's only on Epic Game store for PC and consoles as well. I may get it, not sure yet. Game doesn't lend itself too well with single player. Can't remember if its split screen co-op or not.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:26 PM
Aka a kenbar

I was able to get my 20hp Vtwin mtd to start it has been sitting since last summer and i fiddled with the wiring some and now the key works so i dont have to hotwire it. I'm trading my grandpa for his 18hp single Briggs mower because mine is overall nice with a bigger deck and runs smooth.
Solomonster212 (04-05-2020)
Old 04-04-2020, 07:15 PM

I have a Nissan D21 pick up... '89.. so a few years on it...
After puttering about earlier... I went and did the aluminum foil trick to polish up the bumper...
WHo woulda thunk that this actually works... Im mean not just ol' wives tale, or internet hokum... Malarkey even...
...But yes it works... Just Water and foil...

I was bored... trying to think up some other things and came across some gif of this trick...
I was like well what the hey... I even had some foil. Found a spray bottle for water, sprayed a little and started rubbing.. sure enough it came blinging out...
I was really surprised an how good it looked...
I know its not permanent, itll rust up again eventually.... but its pretty nice looking now...
I didnt get any pics of the finished job yet.. Kinda looked like a shotgun patterning effect on the ends... Illl giver some more later and see what I can show for on the rims... I reckon they're the stock chrome ones...
landuse (04-04-2020)
Old 04-04-2020, 11:33 PM

Thanked 3,680 Times in 3,010 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckutzy View Post
I have a Nissan D21 pick up... '89.. so a few years on it...
After puttering about earlier... I went and did the aluminum foil trick to polish up the bumper...
WHo woulda thunk that this actually works... Im mean not just ol' wives tale, or internet hokum... Malarkey even...
...But yes it works... Just Water and foil...

I was bored... trying to think up some other things and came across some gif of this trick...
I was like well what the hey... I even had some foil. Found a spray bottle for water, sprayed a little and started rubbing.. sure enough it came blinging out...
I was really surprised an how good it looked...
I know its not permanent, itll rust up again eventually.... but its pretty nice looking now...
I didnt get any pics of the finished job yet.. Kinda looked like a shotgun patterning effect on the ends... Illl giver some more later and see what I can show for on the rims... I reckon they're the stock chrome ones...
Thanks for the tip!
The Following User Says Thank You to landuse For This Useful Post:
mckutzy (04-05-2020)
Old 04-05-2020, 09:56 AM

You welcome..
Actually blew me away...
If wanted, I guess I could go out and clear coat the badly exposed parts, thatll make it look better longer.. but over all as a quick little thing, its pretty cool idea..
Old 04-05-2020, 02:58 PM
High Compression Member

Just a note about the riding mowers...

Stay away from the Kohler engines. They burn a bunch of oil. And some of the internals are plastic and the lifter nuts are just waiting to break... Ask me how I know.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:53 PM

Thanked 3,680 Times in 3,010 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomonster212 View Post
Just a note about the riding mowers...

Stay away from the Kohler engines. They burn a bunch of oil. And some of the internals are plastic and the lifter nuts are just waiting to break... Ask me how I know.
How do you know?
The Following User Says Thank You to landuse For This Useful Post:
Solomonster212 (04-06-2020)
Old 04-05-2020, 10:59 PM

The Kholer Courage is one I've been told to stay away from. The more commercial oriented ones seem to be solid. But you could say the same thing about the Briggs Vanguard and the Intek series, Vanguard is a superior line up.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:02 AM
Aka a kenbar

Mine is a 20hp vanguard it just needs some work because it was beaten and abused by many owners but it still looks new... ish
Old 04-06-2020, 10:29 AM
High Compression Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by landuse View Post
How do you know?
I had to spend $250 just to get one running and then sell it for $275. That's $25 profit, right? WRONG. I spent like a year rebuilding that Chinese crap from the ground up. It still ran like crap once I finished.

Kohler anything should just be thrown in the trash. I mean, who makes cam gears out of plastic on a 18hp engine? Seriously? That's why it jumped timing and the compression release was toast.
landuse (04-07-2020)
Old 04-06-2020, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomonster212 View Post
I had to spend $250 just to get one running and then sell it for $275. That's $25 profit, right? WRONG. I spent like a year rebuilding that Chinese crap from the ground up. It still ran like crap once I finished.

Kohler anything should just be thrown in the trash. I mean, who makes cam gears out of plastic on a 18hp engine? Seriously? That's why it jumped timing and the compression release was toast.
There's a honda motorcycle engine that has a plastic oil pump gear. Back in the day, it was standard practice for some auto manufacturers to put nylon (plastic) teeth on timing sprockets for engines. Fortunately, these engines were non-interference, so the risk of the piston and valve give a 'high five' was next to zero. But it's still a pain, because you'd have to tear the engine down, replace the parts and put it back together. Granted, if you're competent enough, it's a weekend job.
Old 04-07-2020, 08:20 AM
TheBeal.

Been thinking about starting to work this kart some. Its come a ways from this picture, the frame has been reinforced, and a 11hp briggs flatty has been bolted down.

Id like to use a cvt, but as far as I know 40 series cvt dont come with any sort of backplate... I need to know the distance between the driver and driven.

Anybody happen to know this dimension?
Attached Thumbnails
100_3035.JPG