Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Go Kart Discussion

Notices

Old 01-02-2020, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 950speed View Post
Ya ok.

Point being friend, you come off quite cocky but really don't contribute much, even on my posts you talked to me like I've never operated a power tool and you are somehow superior, I'm probably one of the few that won't sugar coat anything when I finally snap and tell you how it is, the last post was merely a suggestion, this may be taken as a warning, I've been pretty nice thus far.
Old 01-02-2020, 04:59 PM

I do not recall ever saying or comparing your ability to use/ not use a power tool. On your last dingo thread I was just trying to be as detailed as possible. If there is another instance please pm me
Old 01-06-2020, 07:10 AM

Well... Perhaps you should not ASSUME things and either ignore us lazy people, or just step away from the forums altogether.

Some people are just so D$@EM unhelpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 950speed View Post
True i just saw that when you pointed it out.

But honestly how hard is it to diagnose a problem like this. If there is an issue of it being loose there are literally only two possible issues. Either bad bearings or the shaft is bent. If you feel slop while moving the crank up and down itís bad bearings, if it wobbles while it turns itís bent

Iím just being brutally honest we shouldnít help people with issues this simple, nobody wants to work to their own solution anymore. Thatís whatís frustrating about being on this forum,
Most all the questions new people have can be googled and found solutions to, heck half the time before I joined I was looking at archives from this forum. People are just so d#*+! Lazy now

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

It's all on the left.
I picked the kart up in piece, and trying to determine what is what, has been a challenge.
I ended up replacing the axle, bearing, and sprocket for the jack shaft. The alignment is still a bit off, but we'll figure it out on our own.
I did ask here in the forums to try and not reinvent the wheel as it seems to be a semi-normal project to have thrown a 212 on these.

My sincerest apologies for being lazy. My son and I have spent a fair amount of time searching prior to posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smerft85 View Post
Even a seasoned A.S.E. mechanic may have never touched a small engine, mini bike, gokart or anything the like, I reached into my 30s as a very experienced mechanic before I learned small engines at all, maybe not laziness but instead being uninformed. And when mentioning a gokart on Google 9/10 times it leads back to this forum, so apparently folks ARE Google searching, not to mention this site is primarily pre-teens, teens and dads fixing up toys, hobyists, not pros for the majority. Simple solution, if you can't keep from making people feel bad about asking a question you feel to be petty, read another thread, or don't comment derogatory and degrading things, most of us frown on that type of behavior here.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

You are correct, that bushing would make it too far out from the engine to work without coming apart, it almost looks like the axle was flipped at some point and maybe the axle sprocket should be on the right instead, or the jackshaft may be backward and needs to be in front of the engine.

Does that jackshaft have sprockets on both ends or just one?
Old 01-06-2020, 09:47 AM

I wouldn't be apologizing, as you said, you tried to research before posting, and you've already been defended. It was a poor comment that shouldn't have been made in the first place, fella likes to troll I guess. The forum is here to help, and asking questions isn't being lazy. Good luck with your build!