Go Back   DIY Go Kart Forum > Building Plans And Advice > Photo Gallery & Project Log

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 07:43 PM

Default My New Dirt Oval Kart

Heyo everyone, I was once going to build a kart but then a deal fell into my hands and i had to have it! So here it is! Its a Invader Kart. Im not sure the age or anything but it still had the S/N sticker. I bought it off my buddy for 350 bucks. Now to pictures Look!!

Heres a little video and my buddy says mother f'er in it so if you got little ones tell them to do ear muffs lol

Now With my motor. Im going to be running the clone class at 339 speedway this season. First Time 2!!!

This Is what the kart looks right now. I had a guy at work paint it for me. It looks Bright in the picture but if you no what kawasaki green is, then just imagine it if not look it up lol

Well there she is boys and girls!!! Tell me what you think about it!! Oh and it also came with a set of tires with it aswell
Old 03-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Buggy Almost Done

Looks pretty awesome. What kind of mods are you going to do to the motor?
Old 03-02-2010, 02:39 PM

im going for box stock class so all i can do is header, airfilter, gov. removed, and re jetting carb. thats about it. Its a cheap east and fun racing calss so im told so it sounds perfect to my first time kart racing.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:44 PM

Hey very cool kart there Freakly, congrats!

Invader's a really good brand, I've got one too.
Here's my pics/thread: http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6364

I dont have much time to study your pics right now but your frame seems to be a Sprint/Shifter type model.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:43 PM

Thanks anderkart!

I seen yours before and was very impressed and now owning one im even more! The only thing is that i cant find any parts for them. Like bumpers and nerfs and stuff. Got any links?
Old 03-03-2010, 08:28 AM

You probably wont find any Bumpers or Nerfs specifically made for an Invader, but many other brands of Oval kart ones can be easily modded/re-bent to fit.

My right side Nerf was a (slightly-damaged) freeby that came off a 2007 Falcon Offset/Oval racer. (I just had the front mounting bar re-bent to fit my frames mount)

My left side Nerf came off an early 2000-era Phantom Offset racer, again the front mounting bar just needed to be re-bent to fit.

My rear bumper was a universal fit/loop type that was the correct mounting width to fit into my rear frame rails, and then I simply made those 2 angled/flat brackets out of some stainless steel to secure it.

I got all 3 of these used parts from other racers at my track for a toatal of $20, and then it cost me another $20 having a local metal fabrication shop bend my Nerfs to fit.

On my old kart, I had this same metal fab-shop build me a pair of brand new oval racer type Nerfs for $75. And then I bought/modded a used, loop-style rear bumper to fit my frame rail spacing.

Here's a search link to some stuff: http://www.bing.com/search?q=oval+ka...form=QBRE&qs=n
You could also go to your track and take some measurements of other karts nerfs/bumpers to maybe find out what brands would fit or be easily modded to fit yours.

ps: your frame is not an offset/LTO chassis like mine/most oval racers use, so you'd probably need to buy a rear bumper for a Sprint/shifter (streat-rail type) kart that has the wider frame rail spacing. Or just weld new mounts to any bumper that's the correct overall width.

As you run across the need for other parts for your Invader, you'll find most other brand race kart parts will either be a direct fit, or just require slight mods to fit.