View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 11:37 AM

I actually bought an AMR300 blower a few days ago. It was 212.50 with free shipping, so not too bad in terms of price. The AMR500 blowers are less expensive, but for go-kart engine purposes are probably too large. I have a predator 212cc I am in the process of building as well as a 170cc 4 valve SOHC engine on a Honda Grom that I am considering using it with. This is something I have wanted to do for a long time and I finally pulled the trigger on it. I can upload photos of the blower and the project as it shapes up. I've been through a number of past threads, mostly DIYGK.com threads, on forced induction and I've come to the conclusion that even if it isn't cost effective or easy, I just gotta try doing it for myself. The blower is supposed to arrive in late July, in a week or so, so I should have it before too long. I don't know of any completed attempts to use an AMR300 to supercharge one of our small engines, but there are a few running turbocharged engines out there, so I would have to imagine it's possible. I think I'm going to go simple on the outset with a high idle to keep the engine from bogging due to inlet vacuum and try to run about a half an atmosphere of boost. Again, I'm not looking for massive horsepower numbers or huge boost, just looking to build a cool supercharged engine and learn a thing or two in the process. If it doesn't work, oh well, but if it does I imagine it'd be a lot of fun. Cheers.