Thread: Quick bits
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panhead5496 View Post
I don't think I have known someone yet who worked at dealership and liked it. The guy I work with now worked at car dealerships and powersport dealers (motorcycles, ATVs, jet skis, etc) and hated them all. They just jerk people around for no reason. Pretty sad. If you could find an independent shop you'd be way better off I think.

Also, you say you weld...have you thought about going to a local trade school and taking some welding classes to get certified? I knew some people who went to a school to weld and one got a job out west making almost 6 figures welding on some big sites!
It hasn't crossed my mind in quite a few years to be honest. As of now, I can be certified because I have a welding certificate. However, there's many different types of certification that I could get. But I would have to work for either a company or what have you to know what they would require. My original plan was to weld for a year or two then go back to my original college and take the 2nd year advanced welding classes. However, that all fell through between 2012 and 2013.
Panhead5496 (06-17-2019)