View Single Post
  #28  
Old 08-22-2019, 10:46 PM
Smerft85 Smerft85 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 260
Thanks: 20
Thanked 53 Times in 46 Posts
Default

Slight change of plans, I have stripped down the shaller cart and claimed anything useful. I had used the engine from it to put my dingo on the trail, but the rest of that cart needs work. So, until I can get everything I need to truly finish the dingo, I'm robbing the gx270, and the sprocket hub to use for this build.

The shaller had a wet clutch set-up and was belt driven to the axle with twin drum brakes, one wheel peel. I believe I've figured out a way to utilize the belt drive, wet clutch and a single drum brake, along with the de-governed gx270.

I know I'm going to catch a little grief after expressing how bad I wanted a flathead on it, but this allows me to have roughly $35 out of pocket on the entire build, the temptation is too strong, plus it will get me motivated to rebuild the gx390 for the dingo, it will work itself out.
Reply With Quote