View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 03:56 PM
RobertD's Avatar
RobertD RobertD is online now
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,812
Thanks: 330
Thanked 1,041 Times in 435 Posts

You really need a pic to understand what kind of setup you have -- but on a go kart engine, there's the output shaft, which has a little slot in it called the keyway. The clutch fits on the shaft. The interior of the clutch also has that little slot. A piece of metal called a key fits in there and ensures that the clutch doesn't just spin on the shaft. That's it, cluthc is now installed.

For an idler, I think you're talking about an accessory sprocket that's installed, like a tensioner. I'm not sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to RobertD For This Useful Post:
Burning Rubber (12-05-2006)